View Full Version : Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

MadMonk
10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Saw this over the weekend. Can't say I was all that impressed by it. It had some funny moments, but it slowed way down for a while and got a little boring. Noticed some glaring editing goofs as well. I really wanted this to be as good as Anchorman, but it wasn't even close. It's definitely rental material - probably better with an uncut or director's cut version.

Midtowner
10-03-2006, 10:13 AM
It was terrible. One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time.

He's dumb, he's WT.. we get it. That joke would have been funny maybe once or twice. For 90 minutes? Nope.

Easy180
10-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Sounds like I need to move this down on my netflix queue

mranderson
10-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Sounds like I need to move this down on my netflix queue

Whatever you do, do not let anyone influence your decision to see or not see a movie. I learned that lesson with "Who Framed Roger Rabit." All of the critic shows showed all the gags and spoiled the movie. Now I will not read or listen to a review.

Frankly, "Talledega Nights" is one I want to see.

MadMonk
10-03-2006, 02:54 PM
mranderson, I wanted to see it too. I wanted it to be good. I was disappointed. Anyway, with your demonstrated digust with "hicks" and "southerners" your head would explode before you got through five minutes of the movie. :LolLolLol

Karried
10-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I just saw this today... it was so-so.. I thought it would be funny but it really wasn't at all.

mranderson
10-08-2006, 08:08 PM
mranderson, I wanted to see it too. I wanted it to be good. I was disappointed. Anyway, with your demonstrated digust with "hicks" and "southerners" your head would explode before you got through five minutes of the movie. :LolLolLol
My dislike of hicks is one reason I want to see it. That and the fact I like Will Farrell. I enjoy watching "King of the Hill" because it makes fun of Texans (hicks and Texans. Redundant), so, what makes you think just because I dislike hicks I would not like the movie?

It is like I always say. You obviously do not know me.

:ou

Midtowner
10-08-2006, 09:06 PM
YouTube - Go Sooners! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2H8s82eC6M)

Karried
10-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Oh my God.. please tell me that is a spoof and not a real episode. lol

Midtowner
10-09-2006, 09:29 PM
It's real.

Swake2
10-15-2006, 09:12 AM
The movie was awesome, really funny, so many jokes inside of jokes. Nothing like making a lot of fun of Nascar and tango. And Sasha Baron Cohen really steals the show as te gay driver.

Save me baby Jesus!