View Full Version : In this thread we all lay it on Moore

Spartan
09-27-2006, 06:33 AM
So go ahead, list your grievances against the southern suburb.

Easy180
09-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Only one I can come up with is the lack of good bars :Smiley051

Other than that it is a pretty controversial city...Not

mranderson
09-27-2006, 12:13 PM

Mine, for one, is in your post... "Southern." Most people in Moore are hicks.

keving
09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
I always thought they should put up a Tornado Crossing sign at the city limits.

Easy180
09-27-2006, 12:23 PM
You are right on...Hicks in newly built homes...We are just grateful the city allowed us bankers to live there...And Westmoore is chock full of country folk

mranderson
09-27-2006, 12:43 PM
You are right on...Hicks in newly built homes...We are just grateful the city allowed us bankers to live there...And Westmoore is chock full of country folk

Westmoore is not in Moore. It is in Oklahoma City. Very few of the students who attend it live in Moore.

Easy180
09-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Of course all Moore kids go to one school..What was I thinking?

Luke
09-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Moore smack! Sweet!

Easy180
09-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Luke...It is a pretty controversial city

mranderson
09-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Of course all Moore kids go to one school..What was I thinking?

No. That area is like far Northwest Oklahoma City in the fact they wrongly call the area around Quail Springs, Edmond.. A lot of people wrongly call the Westmoore area Moore.

Easy180
09-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the lesson mr anderson...I am still learning things about the city I have lived in for the last 5 years

I thought everything south of I-240 was considered Moore

mranderson
09-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the lesson mr anderson...I am still learning things about the city I have lived in for the last 5 years

No. Any map will show you.

Intrepid
09-27-2006, 03:50 PM

The Moore/OKC border is Santa Fe and 89th. Anything west of SF and north of 89th is OKC. Moore has several schools located in OKC.

Can't really remember too many hicks in Moore growing up. Lots of older people though, but no hicks.

Intrepid
09-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Until recently, I was always disgusted with the lack of entertainment opportunities in Moore.

It also irked me that there was a church and a bank on every street corner. (no offense to churches and banks....just wanted to see something different growing up)

:tiphat:

Martin
09-27-2006, 04:06 PM
the moore/okc border is santa fe and 89th.not to nitpick, but the northern border of moore is just a few blocks north of sw 104th (nw 27th, mo). it doesn't make it as far north as 89th street. -M

Intrepid
09-27-2006, 04:31 PM
not to nitpick, but the northern border of moore is just a few blocks north of sw 104th (nw 27th, mo). it doesn't make it as far north as 89th street. -M

No nitpicking at all...thanks for the correction.

:tiphat:

windowphobe
09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
And there are a couple of places where Moore extends west of Santa Fe, for that matter.

Easy180
09-27-2006, 06:15 PM
So pretty much all we came up with is

1) hicks
2) churches
3) banks

If those are the worst things in Moore then I guess I picked the right place to build a house :cheersmf:

Spartan
09-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Westmoore is not in Moore. It is in Oklahoma City. Very few of the students who attend it live in Moore.

You live in Westmoore unless I'm mistaken... I can forget a lot in 2 years being absent on this forum. You are just trying to distance yourself from the truth: You aint nothin but a Southsider!! :stars:

lol

Martin
09-27-2006, 07:41 PM
so pretty much all we came up with is...
i'm just surprised nobody's brought up the police. moore's pretty well-known for being a big speed trap. -M

Spartan
09-27-2006, 07:46 PM
That's my grievance against Moore... the first good point I've seen in this entire thread.

mranderson
09-27-2006, 07:46 PM
You live in Westmoore unless I'm mistaken... I can forget a lot in 2 years being absent on this forum. You are just trying to distance yourself from the truth: You aint nothin but a Southsider!! :stars:

lol

Yes. You are mistaken. First, there is really no such place as Westmoore except for the name of a school. Second, the area to which you refer is where my Mom lives. I live near Quail Creek. I may have been raised on the southside, however, I am a northsider.

Spartan
09-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Oh sorry, shall I bow now or later?

Martin
09-27-2006, 07:56 PM
first, there is really no such place as westmoore except for the name of a school. actually there are two neighborhoods called westmoore in the vicinity, both just west of santa fe on sw 149th (sw 19th, mo). one is north of 149th and the other is south. -M

Patrick
09-27-2006, 07:59 PM

lol

He actually has two homes, and is currently living at the one in northwest Oklahoma City.

Spartan
09-27-2006, 08:13 PM
OK. Turn the tables... y'all all suck.

Karried
09-27-2006, 08:55 PM
We knew this thread was going to get ugly... anytime you call someone's hometown a derogatory term is going to cause problems... how about some constructive ideas on how to improve some of the issues without the name calling and personal references? Respect please.

Spartan
09-27-2006, 10:14 PM
You mean no Moore nanny nanny boo boo?

Well I was going to turn the tables anyway, like in a Comedy Central Roast.

Moore is a fine community, you see, and our Riverwalk development has really been sucking the retail tax dollars out of OKC... it will be the death of Crossroads as we know it and has forced Norman to get some stores under construction on I 35...

Not to mention that no other metro suburb is growing faster than us, save Mustang and Piedmont... Piedmont is not even big enough to show up on growth trends yet, and you wouldn't have known that had you not read it from me.

And at least we aren't the world's biggest nimbyists...

xpertinfun
09-28-2006, 07:58 PM
You mean no Moore nanny nanny boo boo?

Well I was going to turn the tables anyway, like in a Comedy Central Roast.

Moore is a fine community, you see, and our Riverwalk development has really been sucking the retail tax dollars out of OKC... it will be the death of Crossroads as we know it and has forced Norman to get some stores under construction on I 35...

Not to mention that no other metro suburb is growing faster than us, save Mustang and Piedmont... Piedmont is not even big enough to show up on growth trends yet, and you wouldn't have known that had you not read it from me.

Amen Bro, And when the Starbucks opens we will RULE all!!!:tweeted:

ETL
09-28-2006, 09:15 PM

Is that a word?

Spartan
09-28-2006, 10:28 PM
In my lingo, yea.

NIMBY
Not In My Backyard

Also Edmond...

BANANA

Build Anything Nowhere and Nothing Anywhere

And I've read a lot more that perfectly describe Edmond... making sure that all land is properly conserved for a big tract house developer to build the ugliest tract houses ya ever seen.

BG918
10-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Moore likes to build up along I-35 instead of around the core of the city. Pretty soon most of that land will be developed into bland strip malls and chain restaurants and there will be nowhere else to build. Hopefully then Moore will realize it has a nice central downtown area that could be revitalized into a true heart of the city. Right now it lacks that, and driving through on I-35 is downright ugly. Some more landscaping or overpass improvements would go along way. Also connecting to OKC's future vision of commuter rail from downtown OKC to Norman, with Moore as a stop, could help downtown Moore as the station would be down there.

Spartan
10-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Not true. I stop by a coffee shop on Main Street in Moore when I don't stop by La Baguette, and recently they've gotten Broadway torn up from Main to Fifth for a new streetcape and a traffic circle is under review for Main and Broadway.