View Full Version : Any info on this?

ETL
09-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Corridor
imagine a technology mecca complete with technology business incubators, points of presence, sonet rings, wireless DSL, satellite uplinks, fiber optics, and a range of other state-of-the-art communication tools.

imagine close proximity to the University of Oklahoma, established R&D partnerships, and expansive campus-like building sites conveniently located on two interstate highways. Imagine such established tenants as a genome research center, a world-renowned weather forecasting facility, an earth observation satellite company, and a pharmaceutical research and drug production center.

imagine this development in a city where 43% of its citizens have a bachelor degree or better, where there are great schools, diverse recreation, and a rich, easy quality of life.

BG918
09-12-2006, 07:23 PM
The area around the University research park is known as the "Oklahoma Tech Corridor". They have signs for it along Highway 9. That could be what it is referencing. I know there are big "plans" for the area but nothing concrete as of now with just the Weather Center, Weathernews, and the Stephenson research center in the park. I believe MG is building a facility there as well.

ETL
09-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Is is a start. Sounds good.

traxx
09-15-2006, 03:37 PM
One of the buildings right off of hwy 9 (I believe it's the weather center) has been under construction for what seems like a long time. If this big plan for a tech corridor is to come to fruition, they are going to have to move the waste management South of hwy 9, because they will not draw anyone to the area with that smell going on. Some days are worse than others, but usually you can smell it just by driving down hwy 9.

BG918
09-18-2006, 02:05 AM
^ I agree, it needs to be moved. Also, it would be interesting to see the Canadian River somehow utilized. That river and its wide plain sits so under-utilized south of Norman, seems like they could somehow turn it into more of an asset. I wonder if creating a small lake like what is proposed in Tulsa would be possible? It would be nice draw for Norman and improve this potential tech corridor. It could also supplement drinking water supplies for the OKC Metro in times of drought.

ETL
09-18-2006, 07:47 PM
They should do what OKC did with the OK River. It could be used for retail or companies.