View Full Version : San Marcos Mexican Restaurants

MarkOKC
09-10-2006, 05:23 PM
I've never been to the original where the old DQ was on 39th and May, but I have been to the new one off of 122nd and Rockwell, and I believe it's about the best mexican food I have ever had in OKC. Put's Poblano Grill to shame, and it is still one of my favorites.

asta2
09-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I agree and the prices are awesome. It's a regular stop for us now.

Martin
09-10-2006, 06:03 PM
puts poblano's to shame? that's a shocker... the one on nw expressway & independence is a regular stop for us at lunch. we've never been displeased.

now san marcos is another story. we've gone to the one on 39th & may maybe twice and it was pretty bad both times... never been back.

maybe the poblano's on 122nd (haven't been) isn't as good as the one on nw expressway & the san marcos on 122nd is lightyears better than the one on 39th. -M

beatlebutt81
09-10-2006, 07:24 PM
I prefer the Ted's in Edmond to about anything else Mexican-food wise.

San Marcos on Rockwell isn't horrible, but I wasn't very impressed overall. Basically my and my husband's food was both just average Mexican food.

I also like El Chico or Chelino's if I'm in a hurry and can't get to Edmond, but I've had bad experiences at both those places from time to time too.

Anyways, Ted's is the best in my opinion. Haven't eaten at the one on May yet, but I plan to soon.

beatlebutt81
09-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Forgot about saying this...

Qdoba at Penn and Memorial is a great alternative to the fast food Mexican places like Taco Bell, Taco Mayo, etc. It just opened a while back. It's very cheap and very good. Very fast too.

www.qdoba.com (http://www.qdoba.com)

My husband and I tried Taco Cabana on North May a while back and the beans tasted like cigarette ash. I'll never ever go there again.

metro
09-11-2006, 04:09 PM
beatlebutt, there is already a thread going on Qdoba. Do you work for them?

PUGalicious
09-11-2006, 05:41 PM
watch out... thread police...

CowboyConservative
09-11-2006, 06:21 PM
beatlebutt, there is already a thread going on Qdoba. Do you work for them?

I think your the only one that ever complains about repetiive threads.

At last check I belive the top the page says okctalk.com not metro's-discussionboard.com.

If you have an issue take it up with the moderators privately. I do not think its right for you to come one here barking out orders and telling people what and where to post.

GodsComedian
09-11-2006, 06:37 PM
I think your the only one that ever complains about repetiive threads.

At last check I belive the top the page says okctalk.com not metro's-discussionboard.com.

If you have an issue take it up with the moderators privately. I do not think its right for you to come one here barking out orders and telling people what and where to post.
Ouch. I think metro has a point, though. Why start another thread on something, if there is already one started on the subject? Use the search feature on the forum and you won't make repetitve threads.

I may be new as a member, but I have been around this board reading posts from most all of you, so I have a good idea of where many of you stand on the issues, etc.

sweetdaisy
09-11-2006, 06:37 PM
LOL, CC! Last night when I read her post, I just knew someone (likely metro) would have to point out the repeat to her.

Lighten up, thread police. It's not hurting anything...

GodsComedian
09-11-2006, 06:39 PM
LOL, CC! Last night when I read her post, I just knew someone (likely metro) would have to point out the repeat to her.

Lighten up, thread police. It's not hurting anything...
So, is metro really the thread police on this forum, or is he just trying to keep things in an orderly fashion? I think the latter.

sweetdaisy
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Ouch. I think metro has a point, though. Why start another thread on something, if there is already one started on the subject? Use the search feature on the forum and you won't make repetitve threads.

I may be new as a member, but I have been around this board reading posts from most all of you, so I have a good idea of where many of you stand on the issues, etc.

She didn't start a second thread on Qdoba...she simply made a post about it. And in the same post, she commented on another Mexican Food place that she didn't like.

sweetdaisy
09-11-2006, 06:41 PM
So, is metro really the thread police on this forum, or is he just trying to keep things in an orderly fashion? I think the latter.

And please note, he is neither the owner nor a moderator of this site. So it really doesn't matter if he wants anything orderly.

GodsComedian
09-11-2006, 06:52 PM
And please note, he is neither the owner nor a moderator of this site. So it really doesn't matter if he wants anything orderly.
Alright, thanks for the information ma'am.

sweetdaisy
09-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Alright, thanks for the information ma'am.

No prob...let me know if you need any other info.