View Full Version : Incredible Pizza

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Pete
05-28-2010, 01:43 PM
I re-titled the thread to "rename" rather than "close".

hipsterdoofus
05-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Will the renaming also improve the quality of pizza? :-P I went once and wasn't greatly impressed. Mostly seems like a way for parents to lose money to games.

CuatrodeMayo
05-28-2010, 01:59 PM
The new name will be "Mediocre Pizza-Like Substance".

hipsterdoofus
05-28-2010, 02:30 PM

:congrats:

metro
05-28-2010, 02:52 PM
I would like for you to know that the rumors that Incredible Pizza is closing are not true. Quote from the store... "we are still in business and will be changing our name soon. We will continue to provide Great service, and Fun Atmosphere and familiar faces you have come to enjoy." Meaning they will still be open and will still be the same as before, they are just haveing a new name and new logos.

In fairness, the original poster stated that Incredible pizza was no more, and that it was being renamed, just a bad choice of title, but he was right about the Incredible Pizza part being no more technically.

oneforone
05-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Oh then Hideaway must have bought the place. No body does mediocre better than Hideway, Mazzios or Dominos.

Jesseda
05-28-2010, 04:25 PM
fyi look at incredible pizza web site okc is no longer listed but all others are still there, incredible sold there okc location. its no longer part of the ipc, and thanks metro. . the title can be changed, the lady i talk to at ipc acted like they where going to close for a short period to change things, and she stated all that we will still be that great family place, i think they are told to say that..

KTB
05-28-2010, 04:31 PM
I hope they clean the place up a bit and improve the pizza quality.

alan
05-28-2010, 05:04 PM
wow. such a chipper bunch.

our family enjoyed Incredible Pizza. their food reminds me of Mr. Gatti's. it wasn't the best in the world, but then, i didn't expect it to be. my girls always have fun there, and we don't spend more than $30 for a night of family fun.

much prefer it to Chuck E. Cheese or CiCi's.

zuluwarrior0760
05-28-2010, 05:44 PM
30 bucks for a night of family fun at incredible pizza?
You must be a family of 1 and the night of fun must
consist of three rounds of skee ball and the rest the free
movies in the choke and puke room.

Seriously though, isn't it like 12 bucks just to get in?

I've never talked to a soul who thought their pizza was
even mediocre. Their games are overpriced, but hey,
they're always packed........but then again, so is McDonalds.
As the saying goes, there's "Margin in Marketing".

My daughter and I are going to Hideaway tonight and afterward,
she wants me to go get her 50 cents worth of crap prizes that would
ordinarily cost me $200 bucks at Incredible Pizza. That's gonna
be my fun night out......

kevinpate
05-28-2010, 07:07 PM
... their food reminds me of Mr. Gatti's. ...

That's a blast from the past I haven't thought of in quite a spell.

Joe Kimball
05-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I WANT to be chipper, as it were, about this place. I do. I've been there a few times and enjoy the mini-bowling concession---but you can't play a full game for cheaper than an actual game on a *real* lane (which they used to have, by the way, but they were automated by means of a monstrosity called a "string pinsetter", which is easy to maintain but isn't legal as the pins do not fall accurately), the ersatz buffet is a mandatory purchase upon entering, and the employees are grim---not that I blame them, mind, but nonetheless.

Everyone else took my words about the other disadvantages.

easternobserver
05-28-2010, 10:45 PM
We went there once or twice -- I thought it was kinda fun. No need to dump on it -- it fills a role. If you want great pizza, go to the wedge or go home and throw one on the grill (the pizza crust you can buy in bulk at the cafe at Sams is really great on the grill if you dont want to make your own).

And no shots at CiCis. We took the little monster there last weekend and I was really stunned at how good some of the pizza was, coming from an assembly line type of place. And as a still somewhat shell-shocked new parent, its so great to have somewhere where you can get out with the baby and it doesnt matter one bit if he yells or screams, because he wont be louder than the t-ball awards ceremony or the 6-year old spinning around in circles trying to make himself fall down.

Dustin
05-28-2010, 11:31 PM
My mom loves the pizza here to death.... I on the other hand would rather eat dog poo.. I wish they would tear this place down.

Larry OKC
05-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Great concept and I liked the decor/themed rooms etc. But it was false advertising (IMO) to call it Incredible Pizza, because the pizza was truly horrendous. Some of their other items were passable. Am surprised to see it change though as it seemed fairly packed. Even though they only took over about half the old Wally World space the parking lot seemed almost as full as when WW was there.

Larry OKC
05-29-2010, 12:01 AM
That's a blast from the past I haven't thought of in quite a spell.

True. Mr. Gattis was still in Norman when I moved back in '85 and thought it was pretty good (think it got gutted/converted/renovated into a Taco Bueno). Found one in the Arlington TX area and was really disappointed. Not the way I remember it at all.

DammitDan
05-29-2010, 09:11 AM
I really, REALLY miss Crystal's Pizza :(

Jesseda
05-29-2010, 02:27 PM
same here i am still a big crystals fan, we need it brought back

MonkeesFan
05-29-2010, 05:28 PM
I want Godfather's pizza back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuzzytoad
05-29-2010, 05:44 PM

???

there's one at NE122nd and I-35

MonkeesFan
05-29-2010, 06:11 PM
???

there's one at NE122nd and I-35

I mean stand alone Godfather's, not at a gas station

ddavidson8
05-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Seriously, we lose places like Crystals for this?

kevinpate
05-29-2010, 07:16 PM
I mean stand alone Godfather's, not at a gas station

Never tried the convenience station variety. I really enjoyed my time with the franchise that operated units in Tulsa 30 odd back, and the product we produced did pack folks in.

SkyWestOKC
05-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Crystals, Falcone's, and Godfathers. Best damn pizza.

hipsterdoofus
05-30-2010, 12:56 PM
And no shots at CiCis. We took the little monster there last weekend and I was really stunned at how good some of the pizza was, coming from an assembly line type of place. And as a still somewhat shell-shocked new parent, its so great to have somewhere where you can get out with the baby and it doesnt matter one bit if he yells or screams, because he wont be louder than the t-ball awards ceremony or the 6-year old spinning around in circles trying to make himself fall down.

Yeah...for the people who haven't gone to CiCis for several years, it is way better than it used to be and the stores are really clean. At one point I was scared to eat there, but they are a lot nicer now.

Larry OKC
05-30-2010, 01:14 PM
RE: CiCis, I pop in there from time to time (23rd and Meridian) and place is pretty much unchanged. Busy, noisy and badly bussed tables. The Pizza varies but if you special order it, can be decent. Otherwise it has been on the buffet for any length of time, degrades to the low end of a frozen pizza. there sald bar is extremely limited and the pasta choice is less than in the past. But for the price, overall is ok.

RE: Falcone's, some of the worst pizza I have ever had. If this place is authentic New York style, then NY can keep it (had always heard raves about NY style). I do love the decor (Godfather movie posters and Sinatra playing though).

chrisok
05-30-2010, 01:30 PM
I visited what I believe is the last remaining Crystal's when my son and I went to the Cotton Bowl this past January. It was an incredibly disappointing experience. The place looked as if it hadn't been cleaned since the '80s, the pizza was brutal, and the entertainment consisted of 30 year old games and slot machines modified to take tokens. They do have a house magician, but he wasn't working that night.

It did have that Crystal's motif I remember, but the place was so dirty, it just didn't matter.

SkyWestOKC
05-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Don't let your children anywhere near the house magician at Crystal's in the Dallas area.

Let's just say he blew one of those long balloons up, and then made sure to stick the entire 3 foot long balloon down his throat while you are eating.

kevinpate
05-30-2010, 03:24 PM
I visited what I believe is the last remaining Crystal's when my son and I went to the Cotton Bowl this past January. It was an incredibly disappointing experience. The place looked as if it hadn't been cleaned since the '80s, the pizza was brutal, and the entertainment consisted of 30 year old games and slot machines modified to take tokens. They do have a house magician, but he wasn't working that night.

It did have that Crystal's motif I remember, but the place was so dirty, it just didn't matter.

Did a Crystal's (or maybe it was a Casa Bonita) reopen in Tulsa early last year?

SkyWestOKC
05-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Casa Bonita

kevinpate
05-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Can't speak to CiCi's elsewhere in the greater metro, but the one in Norman is passable. Not my fav pizza by any stretch of the imagination (JJ's here gets that nod, and has for years) but it is passable, and getting fresh out the oven pizza is as simple as asking. Grab a salad and some soup, maybe a slice and put in your request. By the time soup and salad are enjoyed, here comes your special order.

The Q is fairly tasty when it's straight out the oven. Again, it's no JJ's, but it'll more than do for a fast lunch or grab a bite quick becasue there's an event you need to get to.

BB37
05-30-2010, 08:45 PM

Sounds pretty much like our last visit to the Crystal's at NW Expressway and Rockwell years ago. Wasn't surprised when they closed the doors a few months later; the concept had clearly run out of steam.

Wishbone
05-31-2010, 08:11 AM
Anyone remember Peter Pipers pizza?

Soonerman
05-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone remember Peter Pipers pizza?

They still have one in Roswell NM.

Larry OKC
05-31-2010, 12:54 PM
Think there is a P.P. in Tulsa as well

oneforone
05-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Peter Piper Pizza - The Food's as Good as the Fun. (http://www.peterpiperpizza.com/)

MonkeesFan
05-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Think there is a P.P. in Tulsa as well

I guess not because I went to the website and they don't have any Peter Piper's in Oklahoma anywhere

decepticobra
05-31-2010, 06:36 PM
they are changing the name to Shotgun Sam's Pizza

decepticobra
05-31-2010, 06:38 PM

drive down I-35, towards Marietta, take exit 29. the Love's gas station is the only place left I know that sells it.

decepticobra
05-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Crystals, Falcone's, and Godfathers. Best damn pizza.

you need to try this small pizzeria right across from OU campus in Norman. I forget the name, but its a small place with dine in available. The owner is born and raised out of Brooklyn, NY..so he knows what real pizza should taste like.

metro
06-01-2010, 09:33 AM
RE: CiCis, I pop in there from time to time (23rd and Meridian) and place is pretty much unchanged. Busy, noisy and badly bussed tables. The Pizza varies but if you special order it, can be decent. Otherwise it has been on the buffet for any length of time, degrades to the low end of a frozen pizza. there sald bar is extremely limited and the pasta choice is less than in the past. But for the price, overall is ok.

RE: Falcone's, some of the worst pizza I have ever had. If this place is authentic New York style, then NY can keep it (had always heard raves about NY style). I do love the decor (Godfather movie posters and Sinatra playing though).

You want REAL NYC style pizza, go to Papa Angelo's in DT Bethany, now that is some excellent NYC pizza, better than just about any I've had in NYC.

bigjkt405
06-01-2010, 09:43 AM
drive down I-35, towards Marietta, take exit 29. the Love's gas station is the only place left I know that sells it.

The Love's at 122nd and I-35 also sells it... And its pretty good if you get it fresh. You can also call up and order pizzas also.

CS_Mike
06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
you need to try this small pizzeria right across from OU campus in Norman. I forget the name, but its a small place with dine in available. The owner is born and raised out of Brooklyn, NY..so he knows what real pizza should taste like.

I think you're referring to New York Pizza & Pasta. There's also Sandro's on Main Street across from Norman High (same family, not really any different from the original that I've noticed other than the name and a much smaller location). I definitely prefer them over Falcone's (not even close, IMHO). Always thought Falcone's was overrated.

airplane777
06-01-2010, 11:12 AM
The Pizza was awful. Hopefully the new owners can invest something in their Pizza.

MonkeesFan
06-02-2010, 02:42 AM
The Love's at 122nd and I-35 also sells it... And its pretty good if you get it fresh. You can also call up and order pizzas also.

Is that past Yukon? That is the only place I know of

MonkeesFan
06-02-2010, 02:42 AM

Hmm, I hope I can find it, thanks

tmykel26
07-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I drove by the Incredible Pizza Company on NW Expressway and found that the signage was down and a "Lido's" sign is being hung in its place. Does anyone know what's going on there. This is my daughter's favorite restaurant and she is a bit distraught.

SoonerDave
07-12-2010, 05:20 PM
My father-in-law told me a couple of weeks ago that the owners have dropped their affiliation with the Incredible Pizza chain, but it was his understanding they were planning to persist the same theming under a new name. Don't really know any more than that, unfortunately. I always liked Incredible Pizza, and thought their offerings were miles better than Chuck-e-Cheese or Cici's, but don't know how things will turn out. I would notice that the place seems to have shrunk a bit in the last year or so, so perhaps their business hasn't been as good...dunno...

CCOKC
07-21-2010, 10:08 AM
My son found this link. http://lido.ws/Locations This is the same owner as the origingal Incredible Pizza. It appears as if the Incredible Pizza locations are now just going to be Lido.

ljbab728
07-21-2010, 10:17 PM
I've never been inside that building and don't have any idea what changes are going on there but I do know that the outside of the building has been repainted. It has gone from a very dark blue to a "not so gaudy" light brown.

metro
07-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Stupidest name ever for a kids fun place. People are going to think it's another location of the popular Lido's Chinese Food in the Asian district. Horrible color scheme too. Amateurish. Bet the place folds within a year.

cdbthunder
08-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Since Warr Acres doesn't have it's own sub forum I posted this here. Does anybody know why Incredible Pizza is now Lido Fun Center ? Has anything changed inside as far as the food and games are concerned ?

metro
08-03-2010, 01:54 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=22432&highlight=incredible+pizza

jbrown84
08-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah horrible name and horrible website. Doesn't look like it's ALL the former Incredible Pizzas, because it started in Missouri and then Tulsa.

Jesseda
08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
at first i thought lido was a itialian restaurant or it sounds like a club. club lido

OKCMallen
08-05-2010, 10:55 AM
Stupidest name ever for a kids fun place. People are going to think it's another location of the popular Lido's Chinese Food in the Asian district. Horrible color scheme too. Amateurish. Bet the place folds within a year.

I thought it was too. Lido should probably cease and desist the pizza joint.

kevinpate
08-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Neato! Lido!

goober
08-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Coming from the former Pasadena, Texas Incredible Pizza location:

I was a little confused too because I went to go get a job application knowing that (up until this point) it was still Incredible Pizza. I went inside and it looked like it was still the old Incredible Pizza, but the car they had by the front was gone :'(

OKC4me
08-13-2010, 12:26 PM
So, everything inside is still the same? Same pizza, games, etc? My son is begging to go there again, but I told him its not the same anymore.

AAC2005
08-13-2010, 01:08 PM
I thought it was too. Lido should probably cease and desist the pizza joint.

They can probably expect to hear from these fine folks, too: http://www.ledopizza.com/

Got me all excited for nuthin'...shoot.