View Full Version : China Chef

metro
08-09-2006, 02:10 PM
I ate there today for lunch. They are located in the ConnCourse at 101 Park Ave downtown. While I was in the building, I noticed all the construction that was mentioned in the Daily Oklahoman a few days back. BC Clark is expanding their showrooms but the buildings owners are also remodeling the buildings lobby, etc and using the old elevator shafts as innovative art galleries.

As far as the food goes, this hidden gem was told to me earlier today by someone. I've been down there but never really noticed it. The buffet is around $4.50 and has everything on it. And the quality is excellent. No cheap meat used on this Chinese Buffet. They also have an ice cream buffet featuring Blue Bell Ice Creams in several flavors. This is included in your buffet purchase. They also have a few traditional Chinese cookies to choose from as well. I highly recommend it.

Easy180
08-09-2006, 02:14 PM
metro...loved that place and went twice a week when I worked at the then Bank One Tower...good to hear it's still going strong

metro
08-09-2006, 03:16 PM
It could use just a little remodel (maybe a fresh coat of paint), hopefully it will stay strong during the Conncourse renovation/conversion to becoming the bigger and better Underground.

bandnerd
08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Good chinese food near me? Why didn't I know about this???

metro
08-09-2006, 03:35 PM
I was wondering the same bandnerd, how come I did not know about it. It's one of the best I've ever had, and it's cheap and quality too. Not expensive mystery meat.

metro
10-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Well finally made it back to my beloved underground OKC secret, China Chef, yesterday. As always, you can't beat their lunch buffet. I got there a little late but recommend getting there before 1pm if you can. I took a few pics but some didn't come out. Again, this place is in the Underground, just adjacent from the Skirvin and Chase Tower. I did want to add that the buffet price has gone up from the price above to about $5.69 (or something like that) plus drink or .10cent for ice water.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2967133804_bd7ba9e89a.jpg?v=0