View Full Version : The Wilds Restaurant and Nature Park

pritchbrian
07-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know if "The Wilds Restaurant and Nature Park" north of Yukon is still open? I havent eaten there in a couple of years and was wanting to go there this weekend if it is still open.

Easy180
07-27-2006, 03:26 PM
I believe it's closed

metro
07-27-2006, 03:34 PM
It closed last year. The former owners go to my parents church as well as live down the street from them.

I was sad to see it go. They had AMAZING steaks!

Patrick
07-28-2006, 01:12 PM
They had amazing food period. Any idea why they closed it?

metro
08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
I forgot. I'll have to check with them and get back with you.

davido
08-04-2006, 05:42 PM
I went there for our highschool graduation dinner, way back in 84..that was good food. are you looking for a good place to go and eat?

pritchbrian
01-30-2007, 01:59 PM
It has been awhile since I posted this. I dont guess by any chance that someone has opened this place back up. I thought surely someone would open it. It is such a unique place to go eat and with a little advertisement should be able to make it. I love to go eat at places like this just be go someplace different.

jbrown84
01-30-2007, 02:08 PM
It's got to be hard for any restaurant that's off the beaten path, even if they have a long reputation. Sleepy Hollow's gone too.

metro
02-01-2007, 01:13 PM
yeah brian, its still closed and probably will remain so. the owners live 2 blocks away from me and go to my parent's church. If you're looking for somewhere off the beaten path, go to Eichen's Bar in Okarche, its a short 25 minute drive west of OKC. If you've never been its a must. You can do a search for Eichen's in this forum as many reviews have been written.

Martin
02-01-2007, 01:23 PM
since it was mentioned (and since i've been anxious to go back) did sleepy hollow not open up again? i thought that it had been bought and was being revamped... is it not going to be back in business now? -M

jbrown84
02-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Well I don't know for sure. Last time I heard someone planned to reopen it, but I haven't heard any announcement as such since then.

pritchbrian
02-06-2007, 11:40 AM
We actually make the trip to Eichen's every once in awhile. It is some awsome chicken. I live in Elk City so we dont make it to okc very often but love to eat at different places when we do make it.

The last time we ate at "The Wild's" the owners were a couple that were from Mtn. View which is where I grew up. I want to say their last name was Kliewer. Is this the same people that still have it?

metro
02-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Cleaver not Kliewer

escan
02-07-2007, 10:19 AM
That's how you pronounce Kliewer.

metro
02-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Okay well they spell it Cleaver(pronounced just like its spelled). To put the rumors to rest, I asked them last night. Basically it was closed for financial reasons. Due to the rural location it was hard to generate enough business to make it profitable. To subsidize some of the loss, they also did hay rides as they had a fish pond and exotic animals and deer. On several occasions someone shot the rare deer and other animals on their property. The loss of animals, plus unexpected bad weather (creating cancellations of hay rides). They had no choice but to close the business. Not likely the "business" will be sold to new owners.

There you have it.

pritchbrian
05-11-2007, 03:00 PM
That is too bad. I sure miss the place.

You better check with them on the spelling of their name though. I went to school with the guys nephews and his brother was my sunday school teacher for 6 years. It sounds like Cleaver but it is spelled Kliewer. Not that it makes any difference or anything.

I do not know them personally but their family in Mtn. View are really nice people. I hope the best for them but wish they would sell the place to someone who would open it back up.

pritchbrian
05-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Thats too bad. I really wish someone would purchase the place and open it back up.

Not that it matters but I grew up in church with them and their kids and the guys brother was my sunday school teacher for 6 years and they spell their name Kliewer. Yes it sounds like Cleaver but isnt spelled that way.

I do not know these people personally but his brother and parents have always lived in Mtn. View and they are really nice people.

metro
05-14-2007, 08:08 AM
brian, i did check with them and you're right, the spelling is like Kleiwer, but pronounced Cleaver. Anyhow, no plans to reopen/sell it.