View Full Version : Sleep number bed

mranderson
07-07-2006, 04:45 PM
You have probably seen the television spots with Lindsey Wagner talking about the fact she is a "35" sleep number.

I interviewed for a sales position with Select Comfort, the company that manufactures the sleep number bed. I have a very good feeling about that product (pun intended).

When I went for the intreview, I had a sore back. He gave me a demo, and after that, my back felt really good for a couple of hours. Imagine what eight hours a night would do.

For the most part, they are in the upper price bracket, however, when I can afford one, I am buying one... Employment with them or not.

By the way... I am a 40.

MadMonk
07-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I've wondered how those would feel. I always pictured it would feel like one of those inflatable camping mattresses. I've tried the "memory foam" beds and they are pretty nice, but way too expensive.

Karried
07-08-2006, 08:52 AM
I slept on a memory foam bed recently ( not a sleep number - Tempur (?) it's the one's that say you can put a glass of wine on one side and it not spill if the other person moves .. but that's not true.. I still felt the other person toss and turn).

Also, it felt like sleeping on wet sand to me. It wasn't really that comfortable but maybe it was a certain density that was too thick for me.

I think a sleep number would be good so you could adjust it as needed.

Patrick
07-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Seems like those sleep number beds make more sense the a regular matress. The firmness and contour can be changed to match your own physical figure. With a regular matress it's pretty much set in stone. My wife happens to like a soft matress but I like a firmer matress. With a sleep number matress you can alter each side to meet your own personal needs.

Karried
11-27-2007, 06:26 AM
I wanted to add to this discussion. I slept on a Sleep Number at the Radisson Hotel in Dallas last week .... I must say, I didnt' get it.

It was super loud and noisy and blew up ( like an air mattress) after pressing the buttons repeatedly. It was cumbersome and difficult.

There was no way in the middle of the night that I would have turned that thing on!

I played around with it and gave up... couldn't tell the difference either way.

But, I am interested in something similar to Temperpedic but like MadMonk says, they are wayyyy too expensive.

Does anyone know of (or has tried) a similar product that they would recommend? At a better price?

PennyQuilts
11-27-2007, 07:11 AM
I recently slept on a memory mattress pillow and had a crick in my neck for two days. Until then, I NEVER got cricks in my neck! All the same, if the number mattress works for you, I say go for it. There is nothing better than a good night's sleep.

sooners83
12-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Everyone I know that has one raves about how great they are. I will buy one someday but right now I can't afford the 2K for the middle of the line queen sized bed.

but if the bed lasts you 20 years 2K over 20 years isn't that much...

cowzrul
12-24-2007, 08:47 PM
We have had one for 3 years now. My wife says she won't own any other type of bed. I like it but have personally slept in more comfortable beds before.