View Full Version : A Friendly Welcome from Walmart

jbrown84
07-04-2006, 06:49 PM
So my dad was riding his bike past the under-construction Fox Lake Walmart a couple days ago and he decided to go into their parking lot and see how devastated the landscape actually was.

It's to note that he was wearing cylcling gear including a jersey and cycling shoes (which you can hardly walk in, much less run away in after burglarizing or vandalizing). It's also to note that this was a road bike, not a mountain bike and is thus somewhat fragile.

As he was leaving, a man in a motorized cart came barrelling towards him from the building at high speed. The man actually hit my dad's bicycle with his vehicle before yelling at him that this was private property and he was trespassing and needed to get out. My dad proceeded to call the man a "horse's ass" and then left.

Another reason why I will not EVER spend any money at the Fox Lake Walmart.

brianinok
07-05-2006, 07:35 PM
I just make it a policy to never spend any money at any Wal-Mart, anywhere, anytime, ever. Not only can I not stand the stores, but I can't stand the corporation anymore either. I think Sam Walton is rolling over in his grave if he knows how his company is now being run.

jbrown84
07-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Right on. I'll take Target any day.

They actually have a sign up next to the 5 trees they left standing saying something about the "Walmart Tree Conservation Program". LOL

OklaCity_75
07-05-2006, 09:28 PM
I have gone almost an entire year now without spending a dime in a Wal-Mart.

I have Super Target, a traditional Target and a Crest store nearby so I never have to shop there.

Yodachaos
07-05-2006, 11:57 PM
I agree that Sam Walton is rolling in his grave. The company has done so poorly since he died. The company would be bigger if he was still alive.

soonerliberal
07-06-2006, 10:05 AM
I don't know, but I think the company is doing pretty good since he died. Being a person who severely hates Walmart and everything they stand for, I still acknowledge they are wildly successful.

Yodachaos
07-06-2006, 10:12 AM
yes they are, but if Sam was still alive I believe the company would be doing better.

jbrown84
07-21-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't know how Walmart could be any bigger. That's impossible to imagine.

Midtowner
07-21-2006, 11:55 AM
So my dad was riding his bike past the under-construction Fox Lake Walmart a couple days ago and he decided to go into their parking lot and see how devastated the landscape actually was.

It's to note that he was wearing cylcling gear including a jersey and cycling shoes (which you can hardly walk in, much less run away in after burglarizing or vandalizing). It's also to note that this was a road bike, not a mountain bike and is thus somewhat fragile.

As he was leaving, a man in a motorized cart came barrelling towards him from the building at high speed. The man actually hit my dad's bicycle with his vehicle before yelling at him that this was private property and he was trespassing and needed to get out. My dad proceeded to call the man a "horse's ass" and then left.

Another reason why I will not EVER spend any money at the Fox Lake Walmart.

Use of force in such a manner is not allowed to expel someone from that type of private property. Especially striking someone with a golf cart. That little rent-a-cop needs to be in jail. Your father should have called the cops.

jbrown84
08-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Yeah he should have.