View Full Version : New Feature!

Todd
06-13-2006, 06:05 AM
Hello Everyone,

As you may have already noticed I have been testing a new site feature that I believe will add a little fun to the mix. This new feature has added a few more BBC's (Bulletin Board Codes) that Premium Members can use in posts that allow you to do some interesting things.

PLEASE NOTE:
When the tags are activated you cannot use them in posts because the system automatically parses the tags. So the tag instructions below have been altered so when you actually use the code just remove the "*".

Syntaxes for the tags are as follows:

[*HIDE=x]text[/*HIDE]
Text will be revealed to those, who posts are greater than or equal to "x".

[*HIDE]text[/*HIDE]
Same as above, however it utilizes the default amount of posts set up by the admin (currently set at 2).

[*HIDE-THANKS]text[/*HIDE-THANKS]
Text will be revealed to those, who press the "Thank You" button.

[*HIDE-REPLY]text[/*HIDE-REPLY]
Text will be revealed to those, who post a reply to the thread.

The HIDE-REPLY tag comes with a fully featured Post Thank You system, where the lists of people who said "Thanks" are displayed below the posts, and where the "Thank You" totals are displayed in posts and in memberinfo. To find this feature look in your post bit in the upper right corner where your post count is located.

Have fun everyone!
<!-- / message -->

Doug Loudenback
06-13-2006, 11:38 AM
You guys should click the little "thumbs up" guy to show Todd that you appreciate him! :tiphat: Your name will be added to the bottom of his message, I think.

sweetdaisy
06-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Oh! I was wondering how that little Thumbs Up guy worked! Thanks, Doug! :D

MadMonk
06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Thumbs up for everyone! ;)

sweetdaisy
06-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Y'know, I'm totally ignorant when it comes to stuff like this...I'm lucky I can figure out how to post a message.

Todd, I have NO IDEA what this new feature is/does. Anything to do with the fact that certain words are hyperlinked in every thread? And, if so, is there a way for the individual members to turn that function off? It's taking a very long time for the pages to load now...not so much fun to surf the forum lately.

But, I do like the little "thumbs up" guy. :D

Patrick
06-17-2006, 09:06 AM
If you only want me to see the post, enter 8000 for the X! LOL!

sweetdaisy
06-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I reread his original post and it makes more sense to me now. Don't know why I wasn't "connecting the dots" before. Some days, I'm not quite "online".

Thanks, Patrick. :D