View Full Version : Nomaste Indian restaurant opens in Edmond!

metro
04-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Nomaste an Indian food restaurant opens today in Edmond. I had the priveledge of going to the pre-opening tasting party this weekend. Excellent Indian cuisine. If you like Indian food, check this place out. It occupies the former Wing Stop location next to Jason's Deli on 33rd just a block east of Broadway in the shopping center across from Wal-Mart.
:welcome55

imafish
04-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Just for the record its Namaste, but who is really paying attention.

BricktownGuy
04-20-2006, 02:21 PM
I was paying attention. :)

onemoreokie
05-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Just ate lunch there today and I must say the food was excellent as was the service.

No buffet, just fresh homestyle authentic food. I want to check out the Indian breakfast some Saturday morning.

I hope Edmond folks support this new business.

Imported Goods
05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
True Story: A guy came in on the second day we were open and started crying after he had the Lamb Biriyani. He was crying because it was so good and it reminded him of his mom's cooking back home over seas, who he hasn't seen in years. That's what we're here for! He's been back 5 times in the last two weeks.

BricktownGuy
05-05-2006, 02:18 AM
Imported goods.. are you the manager/owner???

Imported Goods
05-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Hey Bricktown Guy, yes I am one of the owners. Thank you to everyone for your positive comments. Feel free to drop suggestions any time. Come up and check us out for yourself, I promise it will be worth the trip.

MadMonk
05-05-2006, 02:28 PM
What are the prices like? Lunch and dinner?

Imported Goods
05-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi Mad Monk, the prices are very reasonable. We have small platters starting at $2.99, but it's not really enough to fill anyone up. Our daily special platter is $7.99. You get two meat sides, two vegitable sides, rice, naan or other bread, and complementary appetizer and dessert. It's a lot of food, and you get to try a bunch of different items. So a person can spend anywhere from $5-$17 a plate, but average is $8.50 or so.

Sorry, I didn't want to use OKCTalk as a way to advertise, but I do want to be here for any questions or comments. I was just on the internet and found that someone posted a thread, so I got hooked. Feel free to ask me anything or make any comments, we want to make sure that we're doing everything we can to ensure that every guest has the best experience.

By the way, our grand opening weekend is going to be the weekend of May 12th-14th. Mom's eat free on Mother's Day, so please spread the news. Thanks again for all your support.

TStheThird
05-17-2006, 11:29 PM
I went to tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Excellent food. I look forward to going back.

metro
05-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Hey guys, if you go to the Food Court forum you can see actual reviews of the food and restaurant. Imported Goods I know your new so I didn't know if you knew that or not. TStheThird, I'd love to see your review of the food.

Imported Goods
05-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks Metro, I'll check out the food reviews. Thank you all for the great compliments. Let me know if there is anything we can ever do for you. We've been doing caterings every weekend, but could use more.