View Full Version : Interior Painting

Stinger
03-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Does anyone here have any recommendations for an interior texturing and painting person? I can use a phone book or the newspaper, but was wondering if anyone had anyone they could vouch for.

Thanks!

:artist:

Midtowner
03-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Don't do it yourself. We recently tried "staining" the office. We chose to 'stain' it brown. It just looked as if someone had wiped feces unevenly on the walls. Truly horrific.

I have no one to recommend as we just put a coat of solid green down over the botched job.

Stinger
03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
We did plenty of do-it-yourself jobs at our former house. We're ready to leave it to the professionals with our current home. However, with the first bid I received, I'm strongly considering doing a good portion of it myself.

Midtowner
03-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Home Despot and Lowes occasionally have classes on texturing. You may want to give one of them a call and see when their next class is.

Patrick
03-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Those stores also have professionals they contract with that can do it for you. It's a lucky chance who you'll get though.

I've heard that Ray the Painter is pretty good. Not sure of his number. You might check the phone book.

Faith
03-15-2006, 08:12 AM
My husband owns a professional drywall texture business. He can do it all. Send me a PM and I will give you more information.

Karried
03-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Midtowner, that cracked me up! I tried to do a Venetian Texture in what turned out to be Baby ***t Brown.. a mustard colored concoction that looked just like you described but in a different hue! LOL

Midtowner
03-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Vile.