View Full Version : Job Offer- Anybody wanna work abroad?

hailmary57yd
02-13-2006, 07:38 AM
This is Hailmary57yd and my name is Jin. You can ask to Todd if you want to.

First of let me briefly introduce by myself to you. I studied MIS in OU and I am currently working in my country's company. I am working in my company as Sales Representative.

My friends own several private Institutes in Korea and now she is looking for an ESL instructors from native English Speaking Country.

You must be anxious about teaching English to foreign people. Most of students are middle, high school and college students.
Salary is up to your ability and you can negociate with dean of the institutions. Anyway, the payment is not that bad. I guess it is around 36000 to 60000 USD. You need to negociate with your boss for salary details because I don't concern about salary things. You will work South Korea's capital or near Seoul, or 2th largest city, Pusan. Anyway, these cities are larger, more comfortable, and more metropolitan cities compare to OKC .

Required Skill and document:
(Resume-must attatch your passport photo becuse Korean firms and institues like to see their interviewers' photos. It could be silly but they like to see interviewers photo :) You can also scan your degree and transcript and e-mail to me.

1. Bechalor Degree in English, TESOL, Art and Science, (no marjor preference but Art and Science will be better than Science major) :)
2. Good English- Speaking, Writing, and analyzing.
3. Kind and can adjust Korean culture.
4. International Mind.
5. Must lik teaching English to forengners and Kids.
6. Must work at least one year. (if you think this gives more money than your ****ry's firm, you can... :)

I has a friend from Denton TX in Korea and he is teaching English in my country. I also has friends from NYC, Canand, and Motown. There are many Americans in Korea for ESL business. You can also find many Americans and friends from US, and other countries.
I can give you salary, place you will stay(of course I will give you nice apartment for free,reasonable salary maybe ticket too)

Ask to me if you want to make money from outside of US. get a job dude. if you cannot success and cannot make money in the US, take a trip to another country. Don't become a job loser. You can success in another position.

If you are interested, e-mail or PM me with your resume, introduction, and contact info. I need many ESL instructors, so feel free to introduce your friends, or family to me.
jin_choi7@hotmail.com

*P.S: You can also access OKCTALK even if you come my country, South Korea. My country has very developed and largest IT and Internet

hailmary57yd
02-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Flight ticket may also free. Applying for this job, you can scan or take a photo of your transcripts and degree. However, you may need to send official transcript after you decide to work. I can tell my phone number and fax number. We also has nice public transportaion system include cheap and convinient subway. I will let you know the details after you submit your application. Do not hesitate ask to me.

Midtowner
02-13-2006, 10:18 PM
hailmary, I commend you on your choice of a wonderful language to study and teach.

I wonder -- do the students at Korean english institutes typically work at call centers serving Americans? Or is it simply because English has become an important langauge of commerce?

What is the demand for english speaking Koreans versus English speaking Americans? I'm curious.

Midtowner
02-13-2006, 10:18 PM
hailmary, I commend you on your choice of a wonderful language to study and teach.

I wonder -- do the students at Korean english institutes typically work at call centers serving Americans? Or is it simply because English has become an important langauge of commerce?

What is the demand for english speaking Koreans versus English speaking Americans? I'm curious.

hailmary57yd
02-13-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't work as English Instructor.Anyway, if somebody speaks many country's languages, that's really helpful to get a job with high salary. Also they will pay my salary and your salary even if you do not know about supply and demand things if we work harder and effectively.

For Business language, I recommand you study Spanish, Chiness, and Korean Some of Chiness, Japaness speaks English but their languages are not perfect as native does. You can also talk and sell your product any chiness who do not learn English. Some Koreans and Chiness have more money for your product than people who learn English as foreign language. Some folks in Asia like to talk with Korean or Chiness language than English. They also have more ability to purchase foreign products than people who can speak English in their country.

That's all and that's the reason why we pay more for extra foreign language

hailmary57yd
02-13-2006, 11:25 PM
I don't work as English Instructor. My friend manages that kind of private educational institution. There are also English speaking countries such as Canada, Britain, India, and Philiphine. I don't know about the demand. I even cannot figure out what is the demand for my company's product. I am not that smart. Personally, I like to see and meet people from worldwide in my country and I like to be their friends.

Anyway, you can get hire and can experience another country if you are good at English, literature, and speaking, etc.

hailmary57yd
02-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Honestly, English is no longer good skill to get a high paid job in worldwide. This is came from my actual field and carrier experience but not from textbook in school. Real world there are many people who can speak English as well as USA. Indeed, many Koreans, Japanes, Indians and many other countries peopel around world can speak English as well as native English speaking countries such as US, England, Canada, and .....

Thus the boss can easily find alternative English speakers from all around world for English speaker position in his company. That means he can easily fire the English Speaking position's worker from his country.

hailmary57yd
02-14-2006, 01:27 AM
Now English is so common all around the world because many countries people had learned English. Even if their countries are not native English Speaking countries, many people in the countries can speak it. The problem is they only can speaks English as foreign language or native language. However English is not perfect solutions for all of problems in the world and English job positions are not avaliable to all of people who want to get a job with English. That's reason why you need extra languages and cultural experience beside of English and native country. I am sure that you will get good chance to make money, experience another country's culture, and current issues. I am sure that it will give you great carrier experience to you. My country also has many Mac Donald, KFC, TGI, and that kind of Western restaraunts includes many other countries'

**For Free beside of your salary
They wlll provide nice two or three bedroom apt during you are working in the institution.
They will provide good health insurance-medicare stuff.
They will provide your meal
They will give you free airflight ticket for your trip
Additionally, you can get bonus salary for hollyday breaks, your sumeer breaks, and many more up to your abilities and the boss.

hailmary57yd
02-14-2006, 02:26 AM
**For Free beside of your salary
They wlll provide nice two or three bedroom apt during you are working in the institution.
They will provide good health insurance-medicare stuff.
They will provide your meal
They will give you free airflight ticket for your trip
Additionally, you can get bonus salary for hollyday breaks, your sumeer breaks, and many more up to your abilities and the boss.

Honestly, English is no longer good skill to get a high paid job in worldwide. This is came from my actual field and carrier experience but not from textbook in school. Real world there are many people who can speak English as well as USA. Indeed, many Koreans, Japanes, Indians and many other countries peopel around world can speak English as well as native English speaking countries such as US, England, Canada, and .....

Thus the boss can easily find alternative English speakers from all around world for English speaker position in his company. That means he can easily fire the English Speaking position's worker from his country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by hailmary57yd : Today at 02:50 AM.

hailmary57yd
View Public Profile
Send a private message to hailmary57yd
Send email to hailmary57yd
Find all posts by hailmary57yd
Add hailmary57yd to Your Buddy List

#8 Today, 03:27 AM
hailmary57yd
Premium Member
Total Posts: 62

Re: Job Offer- Anybody wanna work abroad?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now English is so common all around the world because many countries people had learned English. Even if their countries are not native English Speaking countries, many people in the countries can speak it. The problem is they only can speaks English as foreign language or native language. However English is not perfect solutions for all of problems in the world and English job positions are not avaliable to all of people who want to get a job with English. That's reason why you need extra languages and cultural experience beside of English and native country. I am sure that you will get good chance to make money, experience another country's culture, and current issues. I am sure that it will give you great carrier experience to you. My country also has many Mac Donald, KFC, TGI, and that kind of Western restaraunts includes many other countries'