View Full Version : Photo Gallery?

Patrick
01-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone. We just upgraded the message board software to the most current edition. There's only one problem. The old Photo Gallery isn't compatible with the new system.

We've spent all of the money that was raised in the last fundraiser to pay for server expenses and to pay for the new upgrade in the software. We don't have any money available to upgrade the Photo Gallery to make it work with the new system.

The cost would be $139.

If you want us to keep the Photo Gallery, this is your chance to help keep this feature.

Please reply to this post with the amount you'd be willing to contribute, or if you'd like to keep it private, send me a PM or an email.

Call it a pledge if you will.

If we've reached the money within the next week or so, I'll give you an address to send the money to, or we can set up something for credit card users.

If we don't raise the money in a week or two, we'll just do without.

Thanks!

Patrick
01-17-2006, 04:19 PM
By the way, anyone notice how much quicker the site is since we upgraded the software? There's your donation dollars at work!

sweetdaisy
01-17-2006, 05:32 PM
You're going to take away our beloved Photo Gallery? :Smiley099 Oh, NOOOOO!

Intrepid
01-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey everyone. We just upgraded the message board software to the most current edition. There's only one problem. The old Photo Gallery isn't compatible with the new system.

We've spent all of the money that was raised in the last fundraiser to pay for server expenses and to pay for the new upgrade in the software. We don't have any money available to upgrade the Photo Gallery to make it work with the new system.

The cost would be $139.

If you want us to keep the Photo Gallery, this is your chance to help keep this feature.

Please reply to this post with the amount you'd be willing to contribute, or if you'd like to keep it private, send me a PM or an email.

If we've reached the money within the next week or so, I'll give you an address to send the money to, or we can set up something for credit card users.

Thanks!

I can donate $10 this pay day (Friday) to help out with the Photo Gallery.

Keith
01-17-2006, 08:43 PM

The cost would be $139.

Thanks!
I can probably do $20 this Friday. Gosh, I would hate to lose that beautiful picture of sweetdaisy.

Patrick
01-17-2006, 08:51 PM
You're going to take away our beloved Photo Gallery? :Smiley099 Oh, NOOOOO!

Well, we just don't have the money for the new software upgrade. But, if we can raise enough here, we can pay for it. So far, we're up to $30 of $139.

Jay
01-18-2006, 12:51 AM
I can pledge $50 on Thursday.

What do I need to do? Get on PayPal or what?

It is the least I can do especially since I forgot to give in the other pledge drives.

I like this site and I will do what I can to help you guys out.

Todd
01-18-2006, 05:29 AM
Anybody wanting to donate can use Paypal (accounting@okctalk.com (accounting@okctalk.com)) or by credit card. If you are donating with a credit card please PM or email me the donation amount and I will send an invoice that will allow you to pay securely through Paypal even if you do not have a Paypal account.

Thank you all for your fantastic support!

Keith
01-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Anybody wanting to donate can use Paypal (accounting@okctalk.com (accounting@okctalk.com)) or by credit card. If you are donating with a credit card please PM or email me the donation amount and I will send an invoice that will allow you to pay securely through Paypal even if you do not have a Paypal account.

Thank you all for your fantastic support!
OK, Todd, the $20 should be there shortly.

Todd
01-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Thank you Keith for the Photo Gallery donation!

Patrick
01-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Hey guys, we're up to $80.

I'll donate $20.

We still need about $40 more.

Actually, since Paypal takes a cut out of the proceeds, let's try to raise $50 or $60 more.

Anyone want to step up and donate $10 or $20 for the Photo Gallery software?

By the way, if we don't raise the money, we will refund your money.

If you want to mail your donation, I'd be happy to give you a mailing address.

Thanks.

Patrick
01-19-2006, 11:13 AM
We're up to $100.

Still looking for $50, to cover the price of the software and paypal expenses.

Patrick
01-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Come on guys, we can put together $50 to save the photo gallery. If you can contribute towards that, please reply. Any amount will help, even if it's just a dollar or two.

Jay
01-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Patrick are you counting the $50 I am donating in with the total.

I will probably donate it sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Patrick
01-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah, here's the donations we have so far:

Jay: 50
Keith: 20
Intrepid: 10
Patrick: 20

My goal is 150.

By the way, if we can get one free user to sign up as a Premium Member, that would work as well. That would bring the total to 147, which is acceptable.

Thanks everyone so far for your support. I know many on here loved the Photo Gallery. It's too bad the old software won't work with the new message board.

Deadline to reach the goal is Friday, Jan. 27th.

Curt
01-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Patrick, I am mailing Todd a check for $20.00 tomorrow.

Keith
01-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Patrick, I am mailing Todd a check for $20.00 tomorrow.
Thanks, mariner....:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: You are da' man. :yourock:

I think it is extra neat, especially since you are from another state. You are indeed a very giving person........you have my utmost respect.

And Jay and Intrepid and Patrick...............................very respectable men...Thanks.

Curt
01-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks Keith, I really do appreciate it, I am just doing a small part to keep the site going.

osupa05
01-19-2006, 11:07 PM
I can give some money! Especially since I got a really great gift from you guys!!! ;~)

Patrick
01-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Thanks mariner and everyone else for your donations.

If anyone needs the mailing address, let me know.

So far the list of donors:

Jay- 50
Keith- 20
Intrepid- 10
Patrick- 20
mariner- 20

Total: 120

Goal: 150

Balance remaining is 30!

osupa, we'd be thankful for any amount you can give. Do you have a Paypal account? If not, I can PM you the mailing address.

Thanks everyone for your support.

sweetdaisy
01-20-2006, 07:17 AM
I can do $20, too. I need the address PM'd to me, since I can't remember how to get into my PayPal account. :)

sweetdaisy
01-20-2006, 07:17 AM
whoops. shouldn't submit twice. :(

Keith
01-20-2006, 07:54 AM
I can do $20, too. I need the address PM'd to me, since I can't remember how to get into my PayPal account. :)
Here is what we have so far:

Jay $50
Patrick $20
Intrepid $10
Keith $20
mariner62 $20

With sweetdaisy's $20, and with osupa05's $20, we have a total of $160.00.

Thanks to all of the above members for their willingness to go above and beyond, to keep the photo gallery going. You are truly the cream of the crop. It is interesting to me that, out of the 7 members that donated towards the photo gallery, 5 of them are single people. That tells me that these single members have had to sacrifice, in order to give what they gave. Believe me, $20 is a lot to me, so I know it's a lot for the single people. Heck, $10 is a lot of money to me.

Again, thanks to all of you for your support.:yourock:

Patrick
01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Thank you so much everyone. You guys are great. I knew I could count on everyone to come together so we could get the new software. You guys are this site, and I really appreciate you. I'l PM you with the address, if you want to send a check. If you want to use credit card, contact Todd at Todd@okctalk.com, and he can work you through the process.

Patrick
01-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Final pledges:

Jay $50
Patrick $20
Intrepid $10
Keith $20
mariner62 $20
sweetdaisy $20
osupa $20

Total: $160.00

The software runs $139. Of course, with some of the donations, Paypal will take their cut. Whatever money we have left, we'll just put towards operating expenses. Thanks!