View Full Version : In memoriam: A great comedian

mranderson
12-10-2005, 06:56 PM
He was quite raunchy, but that made him great. When he performed in movies, he often played a guy who did not quite make the grade, and felt he was taken advatage of. In "Moving," he played a man named Arlo Pear, who lost his job and went through a lot of trauma moving across country, and in "Stir Crazy" he was a wrongly convicted inmate trying to find justice while befriending a man who called him "sweet pants."

I always enjoyed the comic relief, the entertaining moments, and the talent this man displayed during his career. He told the grim reaper many times where to go and won the battle. He caught fire due to a drug addiction. He won that battle. He suffered from MS, and was doing fine.

This morning, the grim reaper finally won. The cause was a heart attack. The man was taken from us. A major talent lost. However, we shall not forget the gift he gave us, one true gift that comes from the heart... The gift of laughter.

I thank this man for touching my life. He will always have a place in mine for his comedy. His talent, and his will to survive.

Richard Pryor. 1930-2005

May he rest in peace.

mranderson
12-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Correction to the eulogy. 1940-2005, not 1930.

dirtrider73068
12-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Its sad I just found out myself, I have always like his comendy. I like his acting the best, one of my favorites is brewsters millions, he did good in that one. He did another one think it was called moveing. It was a good one too. I know I will miss him.

MadMonk
12-12-2005, 09:51 AM
SNL showed a clip of him and Chevy Chase when he was on their show. Classic stuff. He really pushed the envelope of comedy and it hasn't been the same since.