View Full Version : Which OKC News Media Does the Best Job?

Doug Loudenback
11-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Maybe this has been done before, I don't know. But, this morning, as I've taken the time to follow up on the OKC GM plant closing, as well as the Hornets and other topics in the past, it occurred to me that I ought to and would undertake my very 1st poll.

The questions asked and poll is this:

As for both (1) late-breaking news, as well as (2) robustness and thoroughness of content, which OKC on-line news media does the best job?

Keith
11-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Maybe this has been done before, I don't know. But, this morning, as I've taken the time to follow up on the OKC GM plant closing, as well as the Hornets and other topics in the past, it occurred to me that I ought to and would undertake my very 1st poll.

The questions asked and poll is this:

As for both (1) late-breaking news, as well as (2) robustness and thoroughness of content, which OKC on-line news media does the best job?
I like NEWS9, because they seem to be the first ones on the scene of breaking news, plus, their reporters and anchors seem more professional and in tune with Oklahoma and Oklahoma City. They have the experience, and they get their facts straight.

windowphobe
11-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Actually, I learn as much about what's going on around town right here at OKCTalk.com as I do elsewhere; as a news aggregator, it's pretty efficient. (All those individual brains, you know.)

Keith
11-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Actually, I learn as much about what's going on around town right here at OKCTalk.com as I do elsewhere; as a news aggregator, it's pretty efficient. (All those individual brains, you know.)
Hey, Doug.. you forgot about OKCTalk.:LolLolLol Hey windowphobe, I like your way of thinking....sign him up, Todd

Doug Loudenback
11-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey, Doug.. you forgot about OKCTalk.:LolLolLol Hey windowphobe, I like your way of thinking....sign him up, Todd

Aaah, Keith, you KNOW what I meant by "media"! :doh:

Doug Loudenback
11-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Well, now that several have voted, I'll follow up the original post:

When I 1st saw the bad news this morning that, generally, GM was going to announce some plant closings today, I noticed in on AP sources outside of any of the OKC media "group", sigificantly before any of the OKC media did.

But the Oklahoman/KWTV quickly followed with the same AP story. I immediately looked on the other OKC media websites, and didn't see anything there for a significant period of time. KFOR-TV was next to add the AP story. Oklahoman/KWTV was 1st to articulate that the OKC bomb and I don't recall the sequence after that. Several minutes later, KOCO-TV announced the noon press conferences, and I think it was the only one to do so.

And, as to other matters, if I want breaking or more thorough news about the Hornets, it has consistently come from the Oklahoman/KWTV. Of course, they don't have my Hornets (or Bees) pics, do they. Nobody's perfect.

crabby_cruiser
11-22-2005, 06:00 AM
none of the above

gonepostal
11-26-2005, 08:08 AM
As much as I'm not an 'Oklahoman' fan, I am a News9 fan.
As far as the web presence, Newsok is by far the most
up to date media.

Raspberry
12-05-2005, 04:14 AM
Funny how most people on this forum prefer channel 9, but in the most recent ratings period that just ended 9 came in dead last.

F60
12-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Last time I saw The Book (last spring), 9's ratings were the pits, except during severe weather. Ol' Gary is still the man as far as most OKC area people are concerned. Doesn't need two radars to do it, either!

Mark

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
02-23-2006, 03:48 PM
I agree with this....actually I probably get more news this way than through the TV.

and this is my 500th post!!! Whoot! :irule: