View Full Version : KSBI-52 building new station

Patrick
11-19-2005, 11:41 AM
I personally think they should've moved out with the other stations. But, oh well.

-----------
"KSBI ready to break ground on new station
by Brandice J. Armstrong
The Journal Record
11/18/2005

OKLAHOMA CITY - Brady Brus' long-awaited plan to relocate the KSBI-TV 52 station from the south side of town to the north is nearing fruition.
Since purchasing the station at 1350 SE 82nd St. about a year and a half ago, the president/general manager has talked about moving to improve space and visibility. The project goes before City Council on Dec. 20.

"We need to be in a facility that we've determined, rather than one we walked into," Brus said. "The (Kilpatrick) Turnpike is icing on the cake. The ease to get to that location is just tremendous."

The new station would be at 9540 N. Morgan Road, between Kilpatrick Turnpike and N. Morgan Road with W. Britton Road to the south.

"We're very far along in the process," Brus said. "The blueprints are drawn up and we're waiting to break ground. That land is shovel-ready."

Once construction begins, the project could take between four and eight months before it's finished.

The project will cost an estimated $630,000 and includes everything but parking, paving and landscaping, said Jerimy Meek, design manager at Four Par Properties LLC, the general contractor aiding Brus with the plan. No contract has been signed between the two parties.

The building will be an estimated 9,000 square feet.

"The studio will be four times as large as it is now," Brus said. "The weather center will be three times as large, and the sales department will be four times as large."

The existing station is about 5,000 square feet, Brus said.

Regardless of the station's physical location, KSBI's signal will continue to broadcast from the station's antenna at NW 122nd Street and Kelly Avenue in Edmond. "

Keith
11-19-2005, 06:48 PM
I personally think they should've moved out with the other stations. But, oh well.

-----------
"KSBI ready to break ground on new station
by Brandice J. Armstrong
The Journal Record
11/18/2005

OKLAHOMA CITY - Brady Brus' long-awaited plan to relocate the KSBI-TV 52 station from the south side of town to the north is nearing fruition.
Since purchasing the station at 1350 SE 82nd St. about a year and a half ago, the president/general manager has talked about moving to improve space and visibility. The project goes before City Council on Dec. 20.

"We need to be in a facility that we've determined, rather than one we walked into," Brus said. "The (Kilpatrick) Turnpike is icing on the cake. The ease to get to that location is just tremendous."

The new station would be at 9540 N. Morgan Road, between Kilpatrick Turnpike and N. Morgan Road with W. Britton Road to the south.

"We're very far along in the process," Brus said. "The blueprints are drawn up and we're waiting to break ground. That land is shovel-ready."

Once construction begins, the project could take between four and eight months before it's finished.

The project will cost an estimated $630,000 and includes everything but parking, paving and landscaping, said Jerimy Meek, design manager at Four Par Properties LLC, the general contractor aiding Brus with the plan. No contract has been signed between the two parties.

The building will be an estimated 9,000 square feet.

"The studio will be four times as large as it is now," Brus said. "The weather center will be three times as large, and the sales department will be four times as large."

The existing station is about 5,000 square feet, Brus said.

Regardless of the station's physical location, KSBI's signal will continue to broadcast from the station's antenna at NW 122nd Street and Kelly Avenue in Edmond. "
I really like the excellent programming that KSBI provides, however, I had no idea that they were located in south OKC. I also didn't know that their antenna was at NW.122 & Kelley.

It sounds like they are growing in leaps and bounds, especially if they are moving to a bigger building. I wish them the best.:tiphat:

windowphobe
11-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Most of the local broadcast towers are located in this same general area: it's relatively high ground and sparsely populated. Major exceptions are the rim-shooter radio stations that originally were assigned to cities far away; KVSP, which began its existence as an Anadarko station, still has its tower in that general area, largely because of FCC spacing requirements which demand that it stay at least 105 km from KMGL. KQOB - "Bob" FM - is an expatriate from Enid and broadcasts from near Crescent.