06-19-2023, 08:10 AM
New OnCue on the corner (they've owned the land for years); affordable housing:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/sw15th061923a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/sw15th061923b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/sw15th061923c.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/sw15th061923d.jpg

Plutonic Panda
06-19-2023, 08:40 AM
That will be a very nice improvement for the area. I just think they should have some kind of pedestrian walkway from the apartments to the south to OnCue but otherwise this looks good. The new street extension will definitely help take some of the load off SW Grand Terrace which becomes a clusterf@ck at times and the street beautification will be welcome.

Is OnCue also developing the affordable housing?

Ginkasa
06-19-2023, 09:10 AM
Dell's starting their push back to the office. Will probably see more traffic at that site in a couple of months. Wonder if that's a coincidence or if that played a part in Oncue moving forward if they've owned the land for years.

DoctorTaco
06-19-2023, 03:42 PM
That will be a very nice improvement for the area. I just think they should have some kind of pedestrian walkway from the apartments to the south to OnCue but otherwise this looks good. The new street extension will definitely help take some of the load off SW Grand Terrace which becomes a clusterf@ck at times and the street beautification will be welcome.

Is OnCue also developing the affordable housing?

There is already a bike path up Grand that connects to the River Trails network. This will allow pedestrian access to the OnCue from the neighborhoods to the south. But I also hope that new sidewalks go in along SW 15th, which it looks like they will.

gjl
06-19-2023, 04:20 PM
I hate trying to get of on 15th when on WB 44. With EB 40 traffic exiting to WB 44 and merging there trying to merge before their exit only lane runs out and trying to get in that exit only lane when already on I 44 it is just a mess.

Snowman
06-19-2023, 04:49 PM
I hate trying to get of on 15th when on WB 44. With EB 40 traffic exiting to WB 44 and merging there trying to merge before their exit only lane runs out and trying to get in that exit only lane when already on I 44 it is just a mess.

The segment of i44 between i40 and i240 still seems like should have been a higher priority than it has been given, it has been the most continually congested part of the metro since the crosstown was replaced, not helped by i44 has some of the quirkiest ramps of any era of interstates

gjl
06-19-2023, 05:01 PM
Nothing is worse then I 240 western and Walker for entrance/exit ramps though. Add to that 95% of Okla drivers don't know how to enter an interstate from an on ramp.

ChrisHayes
06-19-2023, 05:35 PM
Nothing is worse then I 240 western and Walker for entrance/exit ramps though. Add to that 95% of Okla drivers don't know how to enter an interstate from an on ramp.

Getting off 240 onto the service road can be a nightmare. I make a point to get off one street up from where I need to get off. If I'm going to Western, I get off at Penn, Walker, I get off at Western, etc.

Plutonic Panda
06-19-2023, 05:52 PM
You to you peeps in Oklahoma complaining about traffic woes :wink: