View Full Version : Twisters (2024 Movie)

CatholicSooner
05-09-2023, 06:43 AM
Anybody walk down to the filming area dowtown to get a look at the changes they have made?

Soonerinfiniti
06-08-2023, 03:40 PM
Not sure if this is part of the Ford site or not, and apologies in advance if it has been mentioned on this site previously, but there is a building under construction at the NW/C of OKC Blvd. and Harvey. I couldn't get a picture but exterior walls are coming up. Once again, sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

Pete
06-08-2023, 03:45 PM
Not sure if this is part of the Ford site or not, and apologies in advance if it has been mentioned on this site previously, but there is a building under construction at the NW/C of OKC Blvd. and Harvey. I couldn't get a picture but exterior walls are coming up. Once again, sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

Here?

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/harvey060823a.jpg

BoulderSooner
06-08-2023, 03:46 PM

that looks like some type of film production

king183
06-08-2023, 03:47 PM
I was down there this past weekend and there was something relatively large being built that looks temporary—looked like a stage of some sort. It also looked like it was being partially hidden for privacy with black curtains.

Pete
06-08-2023, 03:47 PM
that looks like some type of film production

Probably right because there have been no planning or permit documents.

BoulderSooner
06-08-2023, 03:48 PM
Here?

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/harvey060823a.jpg

it is pretty much above your arrow between the grass and 2nd street ..

Urbanized
06-08-2023, 03:48 PM
^^^^^
Plus that lot is being used to house vehicles related to Twister 2. Would make sense.

BoulderSooner
06-08-2023, 04:00 PM
^^^^^
Plus that lot is being used to house vehicles related to Twister 2. Would make sense.

i wish i had taken a picture .... it almost looked like a "green screen" temp box

LordGerald
06-08-2023, 05:31 PM
I was down there this past weekend and there was something relatively large being built that looks temporary—looked like a stage of some sort. It also looked like it was being partially hidden for privacy with black curtains.

I was just at Spark yesterday picking up an order and the manager there said it was def for "Twisters II" shooting.

JDSooners
06-09-2023, 04:08 AM
I was just at Spark yesterday picking up an order and the manager there said it was def for "Twisters II" shooting.

News 9 has a 2 min video but can't get sound to load

warreng88
06-09-2023, 08:03 AM
I saw it last week when it was just scaffolding. I assumed it was for Twister 2 as well.

Pete
06-09-2023, 01:15 PM
They just filed for their building permit; I suspect they didn't realize they needed one and started work before the City explained things to them:

Temp Film Studio Structure
Erect of temporary structure used to build green screens and full-sized props for filming. To be removed once filming is complete

BoulderSooner
06-10-2023, 08:20 AM
i wish i had taken a picture .... it almost looked like a "green screen" temp box

and this is what it turned out to be ..

Pete
06-14-2023, 05:58 AM
The building permit said 'green screen' but they often use a blue background in the same way.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/twister061323a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/twister061323d.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/twister061323b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/twister061323c.jpg

Pete
06-14-2023, 08:08 AM
How long is this structure supposed to be in use?

The application just says 'temporary'. I would guess no more than a couple of weeks.

warreng88
06-14-2023, 08:38 AM
Random question, not trying to be a downer, but why is the structure in the middle of the parking lot? Why wouldn't it be inside PSM? I assume it is to show the sky and add visual affects for tornados, but wanted to see if anyone knew.

Pete
06-14-2023, 08:40 AM
^

Yes, has to be due to wanting a real sky in the shots.

Pete
06-14-2023, 09:13 AM
Random question, not trying to be a downer, but why is the structure in the middle of the parking lot? Why wouldn't it be inside PSM? I assume it is to show the sky and add visual affects for tornados, but wanted to see if anyone knew.

It also occurred to me they may want the skyline in the background.

jn1780
06-14-2023, 09:42 AM
If we see a scene where the protagonist is in the middle of the tornado like they did at the end of Twister, we will know where they filmed it.

Bowser214
06-23-2023, 03:19 PM
They were filming in El Reno today. 18093

Tydude
02-11-2024, 05:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdok0rZdmx4

Anonymous.
02-12-2024, 09:32 AM
Damn that looks...rough. Seems like it is basically the exact same plot though.

Tyson
02-12-2024, 09:42 AM

I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought that this looks pretty tragic.

Pete
02-12-2024, 09:49 AM
Twisters is scheduled to open July 19th and Twister came out in 1996, so 28 years will separate the two films.

Hard to believe!

CatholicSooner
02-12-2024, 09:57 AM
I do not have high hopes for this film. Will still see it though

jn1780
02-12-2024, 10:02 AM

Looks like the daughter is trying to "destroy" a tornado this time though.

Unless Helen Hunt makes a cameo appearance, I'm sure there is some tragic backstory where her parents died during their research alluding to what happened at El Reno several years back now.

CatholicSooner
02-12-2024, 12:06 PM
Looks like the daughter is trying to "destroy" a tornado this time though.

Unless Helen Hunt makes a cameo appearance, I'm sure there is some tragic backstory where her parents died during their research alluding to what happened at El Reno several years back now.

If that is really the plot, that she is trying to destroy tornados...this movie will bomb

jn1780
02-12-2024, 01:31 PM
If that is really the plot, that she is trying to destroy tornados...this movie will bomb

That line was said in the trailer at the 1 minute mark. . That could of been how they edited it and hopefully she was referring to when she was kid?

Ginkasa
02-12-2024, 01:58 PM
I dunno, it works for me. "Destroy" sounds melodramatic but if there was a way to destabilize a tornado so it peters out before it can hurt anyone I'm sure it would happen and I'd assume someone has looked into it in some capacity. The first wasn't all that scientifically accurate either, that I recall.

Richard at Remax
02-12-2024, 07:14 PM
I'm all in!

Midtowner
02-13-2024, 09:50 AM
Welp. I guess we can count on out of staters and tour companies clogging our state highways chasing tornadoes again for at least another few years after this one comes out.

BDP
02-13-2024, 11:42 AM
I dunno, it works for me. "Destroy" sounds melodramatic but if there was a way to destabilize a tornado so it peters out before it can hurt anyone I'm sure it would happen and I'd assume someone has looked into it in some capacity. The first wasn't all that scientifically accurate either, that I recall.

Yeah, the first one didn't have much of a plot to it and it grossed $500 Million. If I remember right, it was mainly just a VFX / Sound driven summer movie thing.

It's just a disaster / monster movie with (probably) a love story wedged into it. Not sure how much of a market there is for that anymore without any IP attached to it, but they bet pretty big on it.

So, thanks Amblin, best of luck to ya!

jn1780
02-13-2024, 11:58 AM
Welp. I guess we can count on out of staters and tour companies clogging our state highways chasing tornadoes again for at least another few years after this one comes out.

Probably not any more than the Youtubers have in recent years and before them it was the Stormchasers series on Discovery Channel.

unfundedrick
02-14-2024, 08:25 PM
Something I found interesting from the trailer is that you see them taking shelter from a tornado under an overpass. That is something we are told you should never do so you would think experienced storm chasers would know.

Ginkasa
02-15-2024, 07:27 AM
Something I found interesting from the trailer is that you see them taking shelter from a tornado under an overpass. That is something we are told you should never do so you would think experienced storm chasers would know.

That stood out to me, too. I don't recall where (I rescanned this thread in case it was here but I didn't see it right off; apologies if I overlooked it), but I read some speculation somewhere that maybe this is an earlier scene and going under the overpass is presented as a mistake. Maybe the tragedy that leads to her wanting to "destroy" tornados. I hope this (or similar) is the case.

jn1780
02-16-2024, 06:22 AM
They had to go with the destroy the tornado route because real life is just as crazy as the plot of the first. Researchers shoot rockets and drones into tornadoes these days.

https://youtu.be/JNJ22McqxIs?feature=shared

CatholicSooner
02-16-2024, 06:59 AM
They had to go with the destroy the tornado route because real life is just as crazy as the plot of the first. Researchers shoot rockets and drones into tornadoes these days.

https://youtu.be/JNJ22McqxIs?feature=shared

yeah but that rocket wasn't to destroy the tornado...it was for data acquisition

jn1780
02-16-2024, 07:19 AM
yeah but that rocket wasn't to destroy the tornado...it was for data acquisition

Yeah, I was comparing today's tech to the plot of the first movie. Sending probes into tornados was kind of new in 97'. That movie inspired guys like Reed Timmer.

jedicurt
02-16-2024, 08:23 AM

i mean you talk about it like it's crazy and not ever discussed before. but here is a popular science article on the idea from 2021.

https://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2003-07/how-destroy-tornado/

CatholicSooner
02-16-2024, 08:39 AM
i mean you talk about it like it's crazy and not ever discussed before. but here is a popular science article on the idea from 2021.

https://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2003-07/how-destroy-tornado/

I think I had more issue of how the trailer made the plot look. Like someone has a vendetta against tornadoes as if they are people.

I don't have issues with science trying to stop tornados in their tracks but there are always negative consequences of messing with nature as well

jedicurt
02-16-2024, 08:42 AM
I think I had more issue of how the trailer made the plot look. Like someone has a vendetta against tornadoes as if they are people.

I don't have issues with science trying to stop tornados in their tracks but there are always negative consequences of messing with nature as well

did you have a problem with it in the first movie when Jo (Helen Hunt) said

You've never seen it miss this house, and miss that house and then come after you!

i mean isn't that the same type thing? She is making it seem like it was coming after her like a person would, like it had intentions.

Midtowner
02-16-2024, 08:43 AM

d.o.r.o.t.h.y. 3.0?

CatholicSooner
02-16-2024, 09:23 AM
did you have a problem with it in the first movie when Jo (Helen Hunt) said

i mean isn't that the same type thing? She is making it seem like it was coming after her like a person would, like it had intentions.

Trying to acquire data to help understand tornadoes is a bit different than trying to kill tornadoes

jedicurt
02-16-2024, 09:27 AM
Trying to acquire data to help understand tornadoes is a bit different than trying to kill tornadoes

again... not according to the current science. there are attempts to do so, hence the popular science article. so now we are back at the first step in your loop here of you just won't like the movie regardless.

CatholicSooner
02-16-2024, 09:46 AM
again... not according to the current science. there are attempts to do so, hence the popular science article. so now we are back at the first step in your loop here of you just won't like the movie regardless.

lol what are you even talking about?
I love the first movie.
I think the second one looks bad based on the trailer...especially if the plot is a girl getting revenge on tornadoes by trying to destroy them.

I'm sorry if that bothers you so much lol

traxx
02-26-2024, 08:49 AM
The plot of this one is them having to go around and pick up all the little probes after the tornado.

Laramie
03-03-2024, 12:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9tMPf7AMM

traxx
03-06-2024, 01:31 PM
Twisters

Your titties will never be same

unfundedrick
07-15-2024, 10:59 PM
There are several short videos here that I hadn't seen before.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/twisters

bison34
07-15-2024, 11:11 PM
The movie has VERY high ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, for the type of movie this is. Over 80% on Rotten Tomatoes, and 73% on Metacritic. Not bad.