View Full Version : Earth moving at 29th and Meridian

ChrisHayes
09-17-2022, 10:13 AM
They're doing earth moving behind the 7 Eleven at sw 29th and Meridian. Any idea whats being built?

Pete
09-17-2022, 10:44 AM
It will be a metal warehouse building with multiple bays.

Looks like they may build it and then try and find tenants.

bombermwc
09-21-2022, 11:00 AM
It will be a metal warehouse building with multiple bays.

Looks like they may build it and then try and find tenants.

I know people keep thinking "how much more warehouse space can OKC absorb", but they keep building it and it keeps filling up. And at all levels too, plain metal buildings to barely put a roof over something, to stone brick facades that have a nice front-office. I'm constantly wondering where these companies were before. And what happened to their old space?

unfundedrick
09-21-2022, 08:58 PM
I know people keep thinking "how much more warehouse space can OKC absorb", but they keep building it and it keeps filling up. And at all levels too, plain metal buildings to barely put a roof over something, to stone brick facades that have a nice front-office. I'm constantly wondering where these companies were before. And what happened to their old space?

There are a number of new builds of that sort going up just north of Wiley Post airport also.

dhpersonal
09-23-2022, 01:24 PM
I'm constantly wondering where these companies were before. And what happened to their old space?

I’ve felt this same way with all the new strip malls and tract homes being built in and around Yukon. Apparently there is demand from somewhere.

ChrisHayes
09-23-2022, 06:15 PM
I’ve felt this same way with all the new strip malls and tract homes being built in and around Yukon. Apparently there is demand from somewhere.

Well, people are moving to the city. By some estimates, we've already grown by 5-10k since the census. Secondly, people move from one home to another. Then, more people means more demand for goods/services.