View Full Version : S&B and Hudsons ?

Bill Robertson
05-26-2022, 01:23 PM
I admit I can't keep up with who owns what. But I just left Home Depot on SW3 off of Rockwell. There is work being done at S&B Burger Joint but the van pulled up to the back door has Henry Hudson's Pub signage. Do the two have some connection?

Pete
05-26-2022, 02:25 PM
Just this week, I was drafting a list of all the local restaurant groups and the places they operate.

However, I'm still trying to sort out the Henry Hudson's and Bricktown Brewery ownership. I believe they were all part of Emerging Brands, but then the brewery was sold to ENDURING Brands, which I believe owns Rendezvous Pizza as well.

Also, there are also different S&B ownership groups. I know one that owns some locations and also owns Sunnyside Diner. But there is at least one more group that ones at least one S&B.

I'll see if I can sort this out. I already have lists for Hal Smith, Good Egg, Provision Concepts, Humankind, 84 Hospitality and some others.

I'll post the list then we can continue to refine it.

Libbymin
05-26-2022, 03:11 PM
Just this week, I was drafting a list of all the local restaurant groups and the places they operate.

However, I'm still trying to sort out the Henry Hudson's and Bricktown Brewery ownership. I believe they were all part of Emerging Brands, but then the brewery was sold to ENDURING Brands, which I believe owns Rendezvous Pizza as well.

Also, there are also different S&B ownership groups. I know one that owns some locations and also owns Sunnyside Diner. But there is at least one more group that ones at least one S&B.

I'll see if I can sort this out. I already have lists for Hal Smith, Good Egg, Provision Concepts, Humankind, 84 Hospitality and some others.

I'll post the list then we can continue to refine it.

The S&B, Henry Hudsons, Rendezvous Pizza, and Bricktown Brewery stores are all more or less owned by the same group although I think the ownerships may vary slightly from group to group. They also own several restaurants in other states around the country.

The S&B on 59th by the Best Buy is the one except as it's owned by the same group that has Sunnyside, as you mentioned.

Pete
05-26-2022, 03:29 PM
The S&B on 59th by the Best Buy is the one except as it's owned by the same group that has Sunnyside, as you mentioned.

I'll confirm all this but I know the main S&B group was the one involved with Sunnyside; things may have changed.

Anyway, all the more reason to have a list on these various local restaurant groups and I'll post that soon and we can continue to refine.

Libbymin
05-26-2022, 03:44 PM
Yes it was Shannon Roper who was with that group and he left that S&B group to start sunnyside and kept that original S&B that opened.

Pete
05-26-2022, 03:51 PM
Yes it was Shannon Roper who was with that group and he left that S&B group to start sunnyside and kept that original S&B that opened.

Thanks!

That must have happened in just the last few years because I remember talking to Shannon about the newer S&B's about 5 years ago.

onthestrip
05-27-2022, 07:26 AM
Pretty sure this S&B, Bricktown Brewery group also operates some of the Jimmys Eggs and the Pepperoni Grills.

TheTravellers
05-27-2022, 08:18 AM
Thanks!

That must have happened in just the last few years because I remember talking to Shannon about the newer S&B's about 5 years ago.

Yes, I've heard/read the same that Libbymin said (the original S&B is the only one we go to). Thx for getting this list together, I've kept an informal one of those groups in my head for a while and it's getting cluttered...

bombermwc
06-05-2022, 06:42 PM
Both abandoned ship in MWC.

The location for S&B was terrible. Everything in the old golf building has failed. It's too far from the street and it's a weird walk to get inside. The food is just "ok" anyway. So not a big loss there. The Garage, on the other hand, continues to kick butt and ate S&B for lunch.

Hudson's is in the same lot and has always been weird in the old converted Interurban. I never went in the place one time, but i'm told they basically didn't touch the place and that by the time it closed, it was a disgusting sticky mess. It's being renovated now for a new joint (the name escapes me at the moment, but there's one on the north side i think). We'll see how it does. It's a pretty big building for a bar.

citywokchinesefood
06-05-2022, 08:05 PM

The location for S&B was terrible. Everything in the old golf building has failed. It's too far from the street and it's a weird walk to get inside. The food is just "ok" anyway. So not a big loss there. The Garage, on the other hand, continues to kick butt and ate S&B for lunch.

Hudson's is in the same lot and has always been weird in the old converted Interurban. I never went in the place one time, but i'm told they basically didn't touch the place and that by the time it closed, it was a disgusting sticky mess. It's being renovated now for a new joint (the name escapes me at the moment, but there's one on the north side i think). We'll see how it does. It's a pretty big building for a bar.

The corporate S&B's are simply not well run at all. The menus vary slightly by location and the service staff is extremely hit or miss. I am not a big HSRG fan, but The Garage is just a better product compared to S&B. The only location that has anything close to the same spirit of the brand from 10 years ago is the original on may run by the original owner. I don't think the brand is going to die by any means, but I do think as their leases expire on the old stores they will disappear. I expect they will open more stores in more suburban locations like the Edmond and Owasso locations.

OldFatDrunkDude
06-06-2022, 10:39 AM

It's going to be a Lumpy's. Supposably, the renovations are complete and they are just waiting on the city permits.