View Full Version : Lost

okiemom
11-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Any other LOST fans here? Last nights episode was so heartbreaking.

sweetdaisy
11-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Yes, I love the show! Unfortunately, I was kinda busy around the house last nite, but I got to see most of it, and yes, it was heartbreaking.

This show does an amazing job with getting an emotional response from the audience.

okiemom
05-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Don't read if you haven't seen tonights episode.

I knew from the rumor boards that two more would die this season but I didn't see it happening that way.

okiemom
05-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Is there a way to combine the new LOST thread with this one? It seems odd having two threads on the same subject.

okiemom
05-08-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm such an addict. I just ordered a copy of The Bad Twin and the Third Policeman.

Midtowner
08-28-2006, 12:18 PM
I've caught up on the series. Watched both seasons on DVD. I think it's a really, really good series. I disagree with some of the criticism which states that the series doesn't seem to have a direction. It seems that it's been going in its current direction since the first episode.

All of the pieces add up quite nicely.

Easy180
08-28-2006, 12:30 PM
I ignored the whole first season even though all my friends kept raving about it...Started watching from the start of the second season and am now hooked...Great show and one that makes you actually think

Am now in the process of tearing through the first season on DVD....explains a lot since I went in blind on the 2nd season

Midtowner
08-28-2006, 12:36 PM
One thing I find interesting about the show is that it really taps in to a lot of those classic symbollic metaphors, e.g., 'going into the jungle' is a journey into one's own soul, etc. Lost is a show which can easily be analyzed from several viewpoints.

The raw plot is enough to keep one interested. On the nextlevel though, the show is just awash with symbollism, man vs. nature, good vs. evil, and all of that good stuff we all learned about in highschool English.

Lost is definitely an A++++ show.

Karried
08-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I'll have to rent the DVD's. I was so looking forward to watching it from the beginning and then I remember watching the pilot and being turned off of the 'monster'. I have to say from then on out I haven't followed it at all.

I'll give it another shot based on your recommendations.