View Full Version : Sun Cattle

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Thunderbolt
06-26-2023, 10:44 AM
I've been twice. The first blew me away - terrific onion burger. The second time the onions were more chewy than charred and it didn't have the grilled effect I prefer. Hoping that time was just a fluke - will certainly be back.

citywokchinesefood
06-27-2023, 11:13 AM
I went here with 3 friends on Saturday afternoon. The place was fairly empty and we sat at the bar.

We all ordered their house Club Special and it was very good, similar to one you would get at a local country club. We split 2 regular burgers and fries and our food arrived quickly. Other than being served on paper plates, we were all happy with the results. The burger was tasty, grilled very nicely, and formed perfectly - not too compact and not too loose. It had just the right amount of cheese and the bun was soft and steamy. The fries were top-notch, cooked just long enough and salted perfectly.

One negative were that the bartender was not very friendly to patrons at the bar, almost to the point of being rude. Another would be that we paid to park in the lot behind the restaurant and it was $5 for about 40 minutes of parking. Not that it's the restaurant's fault, but the owner of that lot should put a sign at the entrance stating the rate. We saw no notice at either the entrance or the exit what the rate was.

If you visit other cities you will be absolutely shocked at parking prices in comparison to OKC lol. That is CHEAP.

TheTravellers
06-27-2023, 11:23 AM
I went here with 3 friends on Saturday afternoon. The place was fairly empty and we sat at the bar.

We all ordered their house Club Special and it was very good, similar to one you would get at a local country club. We split 2 regular burgers and fries and our food arrived quickly. Other than being served on paper plates, we were all happy with the results. The burger was tasty, grilled very nicely, and formed perfectly - not too compact and not too loose. It had just the right amount of cheese and the bun was soft and steamy. The fries were top-notch, cooked just long enough and salted perfectly.

One negative were that the bartender was not very friendly to patrons at the bar, almost to the point of being rude. Another would be that we paid to park in the lot behind the restaurant and it was $5 for about 40 minutes of parking. Not that it's the restaurant's fault, but the owner of that lot should put a sign at the entrance stating the rate. We saw no notice at either the entrance or the exit what the rate was.

We went there before the Sofi Tukker show at Jones and the parking lot had a sign up that said $5, but didn't say how long it was for (we parked in the garage to the west of Jones). Additionally, the bartender/cashier/order-taker was super-friendly to the 5-6 folks at the bar during the entire time we were there. It's all anecdotal...

the michigander
06-27-2023, 09:28 PM
I visited there a couple of weeks ago the burger was ho hum. Not better than nice or a tucker burger to me but the onion rings were outstanding. I was disappointed in the deep fried pb&j it was just a deep fried uncrustable.

Bowser214
09-01-2024, 08:56 PM
The New York Times named an OKC joint as a quintessential burger restaurant.
https://www.aol.com/york-times-named-okc-joint-201104328.html