View Full Version : New movie being filmed in town?

ManAboutTown
12-19-2021, 02:05 PM
So I was having a cocktail at Bob's Chop House last night and noticed the actress Denise Richards sitting at the bar. Our server confirmed that she and John Malkovich have been in OKC this week filming a movie, and that the bar at Bob's was going to be used this morning (Sunday) for a scene.

Anyone have further details?! Denise Richards is still VERY hot, by the way!

Pete
12-19-2021, 02:39 PM
It's hard to imagine a real movie with real stars being shot here and it 1) not be promoted to the ends of the earth by the state film department; and 2) have no posts on social media with one or the other actor.

citywokchinesefood
12-19-2021, 03:13 PM
It's hard to imagine a real movie with real stars being shot here and it 1) not be promoted to the ends of the earth by the state film department; and 2) have no posts on social media with one or the other actor.

They also do not have any common projects on IMDB so it is highly unlikely that they would both be involved.

TheTravellers
12-19-2021, 03:36 PM

Wife said Denise posted on something that she was finishing up a film shoot and her location was OKC, but that's all she could find, nothing about Malkovich.

ManAboutTown
12-19-2021, 03:58 PM
Here is a picture from a Facebook page of her standing in front of the Omni this morning. The poster commented that Denise told her she is in OKC this week filming.

Pete
12-19-2021, 03:58 PM
Looking at her social media posts, it looks like she is mainly hawking some shady products and doing straight-to-video movies and reality TV.

citywokchinesefood
12-19-2021, 05:02 PM
She is a proud recipient of a Golden Raspberry award for worst supporting actress and nominated for many equally prestigious awards. Johnny Rico deserved better and she deserved to die in Starship Troopers.

Jersey Boss
12-19-2021, 07:12 PM
Did Nefarious settle with the strikers or is there still a picket line?

April in the Plaza
12-20-2021, 03:56 PM
Anyone have further details?! Denise Richards is still VERY hot, by the way!

She's a lot of different things, but I'm not so sure that "hot" is one of them.

DowntownMan
12-23-2021, 12:17 PM
Did Nefarious settle with the strikers or is there still a picket line?

Still out there earlier this week

ManAboutTown
01-20-2022, 08:40 PM
So John Malkovich is currently staying at The Omni and in town filming THIS movie:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10092170/

Urbanized
01-21-2022, 07:11 AM
So John Malkovich is currently staying at The Omni and in town filming THIS movie:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10092170/
Cool… also starring Scoot McNairy, who was Ben Affleck’s main antagonist in “Argo” and who played Business Bob Gilbert in Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”

Urbanized
01-21-2022, 08:31 AM
Apparently Malkovich is staying on floor 7-1/2.

Ginkasa
01-21-2022, 09:18 AM

Urbanized
01-24-2022, 06:09 AM
Last night I was driving through Heritage Hills and there was an obviously large production underway at the Hales Mansion. Trucks lining the street, tents on the property. Perhaps it was this movie.

fortpatches
01-24-2022, 09:21 AM
I love that place! The work they have been doing on it has been great.

warreng88
01-26-2022, 06:22 PM
Last night I was driving through Heritage Hills and there was an obviously large production underway at the Hales Mansion. Trucks lining the street, tents on the property. Perhaps it was this movie.

Drove by the house tonight. I am not sure what movie it is for, but it appears they are staging it as a fraternity/sorority house as there were Greek letters above the front door. Not sure if this adds anything to the conversation, but I thought it was interesting.

Urbanized
01-27-2022, 07:52 AM
Drove by the house tonight. I am not sure what movie it is for, but it appears they are staging it as a fraternity/sorority house as there were Greek letters above the front door. Not sure if this adds anything to the conversation, but I thought it was interesting.
Yes, that’s correct. The movie is specifically about a university student (Alex Wolff), so I’m sure that Hales Mansion is standing in for a fraternity house. I’d expect any exterior shots to be tight.

warreng88
01-27-2022, 11:59 AM
Yes, that’s correct. The movie is specifically about a university student (Alex Wolff), so I’m sure that Hales Mansion is standing in for a fraternity house. I’d expect any exterior shots to be tight.

Is it called Susie Searches?

Urbanized
01-27-2022, 12:03 PM
^^^^^
The current production title is "The Line."

They were at it again today at Hales BTW. For the past couple of days I hadn't seen any trucks, crew, or other signs of production besides the large craft services tent, a large portable A/C unit and newspapers on the windows. Today however the street was PACKED.

Mott
01-27-2022, 12:04 PM
They had just finished a good bye scene with the bros hugging whomever, and they walked back into the house and he got in the Ford, and they kept filming him sitting in the vehicle. I turned to wife and hugged her, and said it was sad she was just kicked out of the frat house. ‘No comment’ she replied.

Urbanized
01-27-2022, 12:10 PM
^^^^^^^^
That's on the Hudson side BTW. If you saw the 15th Street frontage you'd see maybe 20 or so production vehicles lining both sides. It's a pretty big production. You can see a glimpse of the large white craft services tent through the branches of the tree in the foreground.

Mott
01-27-2022, 12:23 PM

mkjeeves
02-02-2022, 09:58 AM
They were shooting at this house by Lake Overholser over the weekend. https://www.nestedtours.com/listings/1167-2550-e-overholser-drive

Urbanized
02-02-2022, 10:14 AM
They were shooting at this house by Lake Overholser over the weekend. https://www.nestedtours.com/listings/1167-2550-e-overholser-drive
I was going to post that they appear to have wrapped at Hales because the craft service tent and other accoutrements have disappeared from there.

mkjeeves
02-02-2022, 12:07 PM
I was going to post that they appear to have wrapped at Hales because the craft service tent and other accoutrements have disappeared from there.

I first saw them at this location on Saturday, trailers, vehicles and people. The many vehicles and trailers were still there Sunday morning, no people visible. I haven't been back by since, they could still be there. That's a huge house. There's probably plenty of opportunity to make believe different locations at the same site, except the decor inside is all similarly special shall we say.

turnpup
02-02-2022, 12:12 PM
Yesterday morning they were back, filming an outdoor scene in the back yard where the tent had been previously. I haven't seen any sign of activity today.

ManAboutTown
04-11-2022, 09:46 AM
I found this on IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10092170/

Urbanized
04-11-2022, 09:52 AM
^^^^^^^
Yes, this has been in production for months. At one point they were set up in the Hales Mansion in Heritage Hills, among other places. That said, there are other productions currently in town, including the new Paramount production with Sylvester Stallone, from the creator of Yellowstone. The other day I happened across the lot they are staging from and it's probably the largest amount of production vehicles, rentals, craft services and other associated equipment I have ever seen in OKC.