View Full Version : Frenchie BBQ

Pete
12-07-2021, 12:10 PM
Permits have been filed for a new BBQ place in the industrial area north of the capitol, between Lincoln and I-235.

Will be called Frenchie and looks it will be outdoor seating with a permanent smokehouse, storage and restrooms:

https://www.facebook.com/Frenchie-BBQ-118221623317717

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/frenchies4.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/frenchies5.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/frenchies3.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/frenchies2.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/frenchies1.jpg

shawnw
12-07-2021, 01:34 PM
Would love for this placed to do well but worried about how they possibly can in a low-vis area. Some other great places in terrible locations haven't lasted long.

Laramie
12-07-2021, 01:45 PM
Would love for this placed to do well but worried about how they possibly can in a low-vis area. Some other great places in terrible locations haven't lasted long.

This area is highly visible and traveled from N. W. 23rd & Meridian to N.E. 23rd & Bryant. A long list of food services on this stretch.

You will see people of all races and creeds at Bo Bo's on N. E. 23rd Street especially in the early hours of the morning 12 midnight til 3 a.m. A BBQ establishment is long overdue for Oklahoma City.

Pete
12-07-2021, 01:55 PM
There are a ton of workers in this immediate area and not many decent places to eat.

shawnw
12-07-2021, 02:54 PM
I agree with everything everyone is saying, but it doesn't seem like this place will be visible from major roads and will rely on word of mouth.

sooner88
12-07-2021, 02:59 PM
This is Wendy Chong's son FWIW, the BBQ looks pretty solid. He's been catering on the side for awhile now.

HangryHippo
12-07-2021, 03:01 PM
Who is Wendy Chong?

sooner88
12-07-2021, 03:53 PM
Who is Wendy Chong?

A realtor in OKC.

Plutonic Panda
12-07-2021, 05:03 PM
Who is Wendy Chong?
I love how we’re just supposed to know who Wendy Chong is.

April in the Plaza
12-07-2021, 08:10 PM
Who is Wendy Chong?

A very high level realtor, specializing in the NH submarket.

Roger S
12-08-2021, 06:44 AM
When I first saw this I had similar thoughts as most of the rest of you about the location.

But now that I've seen the layout.... Looks like this will mostly be used, at least at first, to run his catering operation while serving the industrial workers around him but with room to expand smoker space if ever needed.

I'm guessing they got a deal on the property they couldn't pass up and this is probably a big step up from whatever space he was using to prep in for his catering business now.

If you're looking at it to be the next Clark Crew or Edge Craft, as I did at first, I think you may be looking at it through the wrong perspective.

Mballard85
12-08-2021, 07:20 AM
I've had some of his food and it's pretty dang good. Nothing special in regards to secrets or rubs, but its just well done food. It's always a concern though when someone steps ups from doing a brisket or two for friends or a small gathering up to an actual service point. Hope everything goes well for them and cant wait to give it a try again.

OKCRealtor
12-09-2021, 05:33 AM
This is Wendy Chong's son FWIW, the BBQ looks pretty solid. He's been catering on the side for awhile now.

I hope this goes well for him, Wendy and her husband are both very nice people.

billokc
12-14-2021, 10:00 AM
I would think it'd draw some business from the State Capitol complex due to the proximity during the lunch hour.

MagzOK
12-14-2021, 11:54 AM
I would think it'd draw some business from the State Capitol complex due to the proximity during the lunch hour.

I think so, too. I remember when I worked in the complex we often went to little hole-in-the-walls like Deli on the Commons, or RJ's. They both served great food.

Roger S
12-14-2021, 12:40 PM

It's possible..... I haven't been to George's Happy Hog for a couple of years but pre Covid they always had a line at lunch and it was a mixed crowd of suits and coveralls and it's not exactly on the beaten path.

Pete
06-02-2022, 04:45 PM
They have shifted locations and now plan to place a container on the lot just east of the former Dress for Success building, right across from the future OnCue.

This will be on NW 12th just west of Western.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/frenchies060222a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/frenchies060222b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/frenchies060222c.jpg

shartel_ave
06-02-2022, 04:50 PM
Pic of the brisket looks good

Urbanized
06-02-2022, 07:18 PM
It's possible..... I haven't been to George's Happy Hog for a couple of years but pre Covid they always had a line at lunch and it was a mixed crowd of suits and coveralls and it's not exactly on the beaten path.
I was there for lunch about a week and a half ago and the experience was no different.