View Full Version : Empty Lot at 59th and Choctaw Rd in East OKC

Will Dearborn
10-13-2021, 07:18 PM
Any idea what the plan is for the lot on the NW corner of 59th St and Choctaw Rd?

It's been built up with fill dirt for years but noticed it's now closed off.

Pete
10-14-2021, 11:43 AM
Any idea what the plan is for the lot on the NW corner of 59th St and Choctaw Rd?

It's been built up with fill dirt for years but noticed it's now closed off.

That property was recently sold to an LLC that tracks back to J&S Equipment Co. located in Del City:

https://www.facebook.com/JandSequipment

I wasn't able to find any building permits.

Will Dearborn
10-14-2021, 10:04 PM
Interesting...thanks for looking into it Pete.

Roger S
10-15-2021, 06:51 AM
Lot's of memories of a misspent youth on that corner.... There were basements from old homes on the NW and NE corners of that intersection. Me and some friends would steal liquor and cigarettes from our parents and go smoke and drink in them.

There was also a convenience store right up the hill, where the church is now, that sold IBC and fishing tackle..... So we would walk up there and grab a root beer and some lures on our way to sneak into someone's pond and do some fishing.

We were quite the group of deviants. ;)

I think there is some more lost history on that corner that I vaguely remember reading one time..... I think there used to be a small school on that corner..... Just from wandering around in the woods back in the mid 80's we stumbled across a lot of old house foundations.

Will Dearborn
10-15-2021, 09:43 PM
Really cool...always fun to hear about what was around before all the new development.