View Full Version : Cava (formerly Zoe's Kitchen)

Pete
10-07-2021, 06:22 AM
Cava, a fast-casual Mediterranean chain, has acquired Zoe's Kitchen and is converting some of its locations.

In the OKC area, I've seen plans for the Classen Curve and Quail Springs area stores. Not sure about Edmond and Norman.

Cava is a little nicer and features a Chipotle-like food assembly line where you can choose your base, proteins, spreads and toppings.

The image below is for Classen Curve.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava1.jpg

king183
10-07-2021, 07:48 AM
I used to go to Cava when I lived in DC, and I thought it was really good. I think people will really like it here.

LocoAko
10-07-2021, 07:48 AM
Tried Cava last time I was back in New Jersey and really enjoyed it (though like Zoe's too). Should be a good change.

LakeEffect
10-08-2021, 03:03 PM
Yes! I've liked the couple CAVAs I've hit in the DC region. Only ever liked Zoes for catering - in restaurant always seemed off.

Mballard85
10-12-2021, 07:33 AM
I think this is a big get for us, CAVA is really solid food.

Pete
11-15-2021, 10:41 AM
The Edmond Zoe's will also be converted to CAVA.

roci28
11-15-2021, 01:01 PM
Hoping for a Yukon location!!

LakeEffect
11-15-2021, 01:22 PM
the edmond zoe's will also be converted to cava.

yay!

jbkrems
11-15-2021, 01:51 PM
Where is the Edmond Zoe's ? Also, what about the N. Penn location near Quail Springs Mall? Will that one be a Cava ?

Pete
11-15-2021, 01:56 PM
Where is the Edmond Zoe's ? Also, what about the N. Penn location near Quail Springs Mall? Will that one be a Cava ?

The Edmond location is in Bryant Square at 2nd & Bryant.

And yes, the QS Zoe's will be a CAVA, as will the one in Classen Curve.

corwin1968
11-16-2021, 07:48 AM
I'm looking forward to this! I wanted to try Zoe's, but every time I looked at the menu online, I was just underwhelmed.

Pete
01-22-2022, 08:27 AM
I didn't realize the Quail Zoe's closed on Jan. 4th and will actually open as CAVA before Classen Curve.

jbkrems
01-22-2022, 04:03 PM
When will the Quail store reopen as Cava? Does anyone know?

Pete
01-22-2022, 04:21 PM
When will the Quail store reopen as Cava? Does anyone know?

I'm trying to find out. It will be a complete re-do so I would expect several months of construction.

Both the Quail and Classen Curve sites should reopen about the same time.

Urbanized
01-23-2022, 08:16 AM
So has Zoe’s in Classen Curve already closed? Had lunch there just a couple of weeks ago and it’s been a regular in my to-go rotation during the pandemic. Anxious tor try the new place but will miss Zoe’s.

Pete
01-23-2022, 08:42 AM
So has Zoe’s in Classen Curve already closed? Had lunch there just a couple of weeks ago and it’s been a regular in my to-go rotation during the pandemic. Anxious tor try the new place but will miss Zoe’s.

Yes, it closed last Wednesday.

Pete
02-14-2022, 07:48 AM
Working away at Classen Curve, despite the post-apocalyptic hellscape to the north.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava021322a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava021322b.jpg

soonerguru
02-16-2022, 09:08 AM
Their menu looks delicious.

LakeEffect
02-17-2022, 03:19 PM
Their menu looks delicious.

Can confirm, is good.

Pete
03-24-2022, 08:08 AM
They are now open at 14110 N. Penn.

Classen Curve should soon follow, then Edmond and Norman.

The bowl I had was delicious.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava031922ia.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava032322ib.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava032322id.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava032322ic.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava032322ia.jpg

jompster
03-24-2022, 01:11 PM
That looks so good! I can't wait to try this. I'm hoping they'll have plenty of things that fit into my calorie budget. :D

Pete
03-24-2022, 01:15 PM
That looks so good! I can't wait to try this. I'm hoping they'll have plenty of things that fit into my calorie budget. :D

Every item -- including all the individual parts -- have calories clearly listed.

I was really impressed with the food. Everything is very fresh and the flavors bright.

sooner88
03-24-2022, 01:26 PM
Every item -- including all the individual parts -- have calories clearly listed.

I was really impressed with the food. Everything is very fresh and the flavors bright.

How did you like it compared to Zoe's? From the pictures and setup, I think I'll enjoy Cava much more.

Pete
03-24-2022, 01:41 PM
^

I never tried Zoe's. CAVA seems to have a much better reputation.

Pete
03-29-2022, 08:26 AM
So, now I'm going to have to do something with Channel 9.

They are now just lifting my photography and stories without even crediting OKCTalk.

Here is an example where they just took my photos from social media as well as the info, and did a "story" about CAVA:

https://www.newson6.com/story/623cad837e69a8071de81503/first-cava-restaurant-is-now-open-in-oklahoma-city-

LakeEffect
03-29-2022, 08:45 AM
How did you like it compared to Zoe's? From the pictures and setup, I think I'll enjoy Cava much more.

I know I enjoyed Cava much more than Zoes when I tried it outside of OKC. I'm very happy with this change.

Pete
03-30-2022, 08:14 AM
CAVA is now open in Classen Curve.

There is still a shipping container just to the left outside the frame in the photo below, but they are open for business.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava033022a.jpg

sooner88
03-30-2022, 09:31 AM
CAVA is now open in Classen Curve.

There is still a shipping container just to the left outside the frame in the photo below, but they are open for business.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava033022a.jpg

We picked up from there last night, and it was fantastic.... will definitely be in our rotation. The only thing I'd change from my order would be to add more toppings, as I wasn't sure how much they would put on of each. Welcomed change from Zoe's.

Thatguy15
03-30-2022, 10:21 AM
I ate there yesterday, VERY good. I know now to do double meat. The strawberry citrus drink was excellent as well.

brianinok
03-30-2022, 10:28 AM
We tried CAVA last week and really liked it. Can't wait for the one in Edmond to open. But we also really liked Zoe's-- it was a great quick option. I'll miss a few of their items like soup, kabobs, and salad. But in general I'll really like CAVA more.

sooner88
03-30-2022, 10:37 AM
We tried CAVA last week and really liked it. Can't wait for the one in Edmond to open. But we also really liked Zoe's-- it was a great quick option. I'll miss a few of their items like soup, kabobs, and salad. But in general I'll really like CAVA more.

I always got the kabobs at Zoe's if we went there, and while they were good, I prefer going to the several more authentic options that we have in OKC (which is likely why Zoe's was never my favorite). CAVA is a more unique option to OKC in my opinion, which is why I like it so much.

Pete
04-06-2022, 06:06 PM
The CAVA in Edmond opens Sunday.

ditm4567
04-14-2022, 11:16 AM
Interested to hear if anyone else has had bad experiences with the Classen Curve location. First time I went, they put 4 (!) bites of steak in my bowl, a few shreds of lettuce, and forgot half my sauces/dips and the appetizer that I purchased. Decided to give it another try today. I ordered double chicken and the serving size that came in my bowl was still less than a single serving of chicken at Chipotle or Qdoba. Further, they completely forgot my rice--the base ingredient.

Both were online orders.

TheTravellers
04-14-2022, 11:33 AM
Interested to hear if anyone else has had bad experiences with the Classen Curve location. First time I went, they put 4 (!) bites of steak in my bowl, a few shreds of lettuce, and forgot half my sauces/dips and the appetizer that I purchased. Decided to give it another try today. I ordered double chicken and the serving size that came in my bowl was still less than a single serving of chicken at Chipotle or Qdoba. Further, they completely forgot my rice--the base ingredient.

Both were online orders.

I've heard of people that order a pizza with pepperoni and ham online, then getting a crust with only pepperoni and ham, because you have to check the boxes for sauce and cheese, along with the pepperoni and ham. Seems stupid to me - sauce and cheese should come by default on all normal pizzas, and you should have to check a box to remove it. Maybe something similar in Cava's ordering system where you have to check every single thing you want (never ordered from them, so don't know their system)? Or maybe their workers just suck.

Timshel
04-14-2022, 11:54 AM
Have been a few times and haven't had any experience that bad, though I'd say in my experience their portions in general are smaller than Chipotle, Qdoba, etc., including the meat portions. Which, while I'm definitely content stuffing down a burrito or bowl from Chipotle, I don't mind, as in my head I consider Cava to be a "healthier" option than Chipotle, etc. (even if they're very similar in reality (notwithstanding the obvious mediterranean v. Mexican/southwest difference).

Libbymin
04-14-2022, 12:03 PM
I guess i'm in the minority here as I thought my falafel pita that I got there earlier this week was huge. Tasty though.

LakeEffect
04-14-2022, 03:24 PM
Our portions yesterday at the Edmond location were great. Sorry about Classen Curve!

My wife loved it and immediately said: "this is so much better than Zoe's."

Pete
04-14-2022, 03:54 PM
I really like CAVA as well.

They are going to do very well here.

jn1780
04-15-2022, 07:30 AM

Both were online orders.

My wife went with a friend and they somehow got the two bowls mixed up while making them. Which is ok, mistakes happen, but they got an attitude about it when asked to remake them.

Thatguy15
04-15-2022, 07:35 AM
N Penn store is fantastic, Classen Curve is a joke.

Employees who actually care make a difference in your restaurant experience. Who knew?

brianinok
04-15-2022, 08:28 AM
Online orders from Quail and Edmond so far. Both have been great. Excellent portions and taste. Edmond is where we will frequent since we live nearby. We miss Zoe's but like Cava maybe more.

sooner88
04-15-2022, 08:49 AM
N Penn store is fantastic, Classen Curve is a joke.

Employees who actually care make a difference in your restaurant experience. Who knew?

I'm sure they're having the same staffing issues that everyone else is having. The one time I've been in the Classen Curve location they were extremely nice and helpful.

Thatguy15
04-15-2022, 09:52 AM
I'm sure they're having the same staffing issues that everyone else is having. The one time I've been in the Classen Curve location they were extremely nice and helpful.

In fairness, I was there the first week. Maybe things have been corrected. Good to know its not been all bad at that location.

lady_o
04-16-2022, 08:38 PM
Visited to the Classen Curve location for lunch on a weekday and it was PACKED. Tasty food and decent service considering how crowded they were. Serving size was fine. Cava is definitely a step up from Zoe's in my opinion.

Thomas Vu
04-17-2022, 05:42 PM
I visited the classen curve location last night. Staff seemed frazzled, but my order was made correctly. Ordered off of their curated menu and the person literally pulled a card out and followed the instructions going down the line. Perhaps feedback got back to them?

Loved the lamb meatball pita.

Pete
05-03-2022, 08:53 AM
The CAVA in Norman is now open for business.

Located in University Northpark.

RangersYear
05-03-2022, 08:44 PM
My teen eats at Cava three times a week, at least. He can't get enough.

Pete
06-07-2022, 09:16 AM
CAVA seems to be doing way better business than Zoe's ever did.

Big upgrade across the board.

Teo9969
06-07-2022, 09:45 AM
Not as diverse a menu as Zoe's, but that's probably for the better. For anyone who hasn't been, it's basically the mediterannean version of Chipotle/Qdoba. It's really good.

Edmond Hausfrau
06-22-2022, 08:58 PM
I wonder how the Edmond location is doing? Always looks dead and I think food there is good but tend to use MT Everest nepal cuisine across the way as better flavors.

LakeEffect
06-28-2022, 12:25 PM
I wonder how the Edmond location is doing? Always looks dead and I think food there is good but tend to use MT Everest nepal cuisine across the way as better flavors.

It's never been dead inside when I've been there... Waited over 10 minutes a couple times.

Mt Everest is fantastic but it's a completely different cuisine so I wouldn't say it has better flavors, just different...

Pete
12-20-2022, 04:05 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava122022a.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava122022b.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava122022c.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava122022d.jpg

Pete
08-16-2023, 01:45 PM
Cava is taking the old Five Guys space on NW Expressway just east of Rockwell (2nd graphic says 9600 but it's actually 6900):

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava081623a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/cava081623b.jpg