View Full Version : Black Rifle Coffee

mikeareese
02-26-2021, 07:18 PM
I saw on Indeed. She said they will be opening in Moore. She said it would be near Harley Davidson. That's all the info she had. I connected to her. So I will keep you informed on more information.

Soonerman
02-27-2021, 04:09 AM
It's going in across from Walmart in the the old Taco Mayo building.

OKCbyTRANSFER
02-28-2021, 01:58 PM
A friend of mine in central texas raves about this coffee.

PoliSciGuy
02-28-2021, 02:00 PM
This is the company that is endorsed by accused murderer Kyle Rittenhouse, right?

OKCbyTRANSFER
02-28-2021, 02:16 PM
?? No idea ??
I just remember hearing this brand before, and she had it posted on FB she was picking up some coffee.

catch22
02-28-2021, 02:17 PM
This is the company that is endorsed by accused murderer Kyle Rittenhouse, right?

Yes.

mblues
02-28-2021, 07:16 PM

So

macfoucin
03-01-2021, 07:24 AM
SMH........politics aside....good coffee, they ought to do well here.

mblues
03-01-2021, 09:01 PM
SMH........politics aside....good coffee, they ought to do well here.

Agreed, I long for the day when we can get back to judging a business on the quality of products and service.

PoliSciGuy
03-01-2021, 09:35 PM
Yeah I too can’t wait for companies to not willingly sign endorsement deals with accused killers.

dankrutka
03-01-2021, 11:47 PM
Agreed, I long for the day when we can get back to judging a business on the quality of products and service.

Yes, can we get back to the days when we didn't criticize General Motors and IBM for colluding with Nazis during the Holocaust? Or Henry Ford for publishing anti-Semitic papers just for his dealerships? Most good ol' days rhetoric is a lot more nostalgia than reality. Consumers have always rightly judged companies on their ethics.

OKCbyTRANSFER
03-02-2021, 12:24 AM
Yes, can we get back to the days when we didn't criticize General Motors and IBM for colluding with Nazis during the Holocaust? Or Henry Ford for publishing anti-Semitic papers just for his dealerships? Most good ol' days rhetoric is a lot more nostalgia than reality. Consumers have always rightly judged companies on their ethics.

With today's world and social media, it just seems more difficult. Good or bad, once something takes off, it's easy for people to judge (right or wrong)

Martin
03-02-2021, 06:20 AM
Yeah I too can’t wait for companies to not willingly sign endorsement deals with accused killers.

does this article from back in november give you the impression that the company personally signed an endorsement deal with rittenhouse?

Black Rifle Coffee Company addresses connection to Kyle Rittenhouse (abc4.com) (https://www.abc4.com/news/utah-based-coffee-company-address-connection-to-kenosha-shooter/)

PoliSciGuy
03-02-2021, 06:32 AM
That helps! So not a paid endorsement deal, just wanted to throw their t-shirt on him and say he drinks “the best coffee in America.”

Martin
03-02-2021, 06:47 AM
That helps! So not a paid endorsement deal, just wanted to throw their t-shirt on him and say he drinks “the best coffee in America.”

the "best coffee in america" tweet was made by a guy named eric schaffer... is he one of the company's owners? if not, do you have any information that indicates that the tweet and shirt were authorized by the company?

David
03-02-2021, 10:51 AM
It came from a representative of a company that by that article they have a marketing relationship with:

Black Rifle Coffee Company said they did not end their marketing relationship with Blaze Media. “We believe in what they put out. We believe in that relationship,” said Hafer.

It may not have been them specifically but it was by people they have chosen to continue associating with after the incident in question.

Martin
03-02-2021, 12:01 PM
It may not have been them specifically but it was by people they have chosen to continue associating with after the incident in question.

now that, i think is fair. but that's a rather different scenario than the claim that the company "willingly sign[ed] endorsement deals with accused killers"

macfoucin
05-24-2021, 08:23 AM
Now open

https://www.mooremonthly.com/news/black-rifle-coffee-company-aims-to-provide-great-coffee-food

thunderbird
07-08-2021, 07:04 PM
Now open

https://www.mooremonthly.com/news/black-rifle-coffee-company-aims-to-provide-great-coffee-food

Anyone been by to try the place?

dford2
07-09-2021, 06:01 AM
Anyone been by to try the place?

I have several times, coffee is really good and probably the best blueberry muffin I've ever had.

Sooner.Arch
07-18-2021, 09:07 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/behind-black-rifle-coffee-anti-122500352.html

I am so confused and weirded out how people are making coffee political. Like this place just seems wrong. The whole “wanting to be coffee for conservatives”. Jesus people are so weird. Drink your coffee. You don’t like Starbucks? Choose local. Am I the only one that thinks this is so stupid. I mean great business idea (because people are dumb and fall for anything) but still unnecessary.

Bowser214
07-18-2021, 09:38 AM
:iagree:

Rover
07-18-2021, 11:31 AM

I am so confused and weirded out how people are making coffee political. Like this place just seems wrong. The whole “wanting to be coffee for conservatives”. Jesus people are so weird. Drink your coffee. You don’t like Starbucks? Choose local. Am I the only one that thinks this is so stupid. I mean great business idea (because people are dumb and fall for anything) but still unnecessary.
Every stupid idea has its base.

Plutonic Panda
07-18-2021, 11:41 AM
Every stupid idea has its base.
I wonder if other countries have coffee shops that subscribers to a specific political ideology use as a status symbol.

chssooner
07-18-2021, 12:04 PM
I wonder if other countries have coffee shops that subscribers to a specific political ideology use as a status symbol.

I would say yes. It is not a uniquely American problem.

catch22
07-18-2021, 12:09 PM

The people who make fun of "libtards" for needing safe spaces create a coffee shop for their own safe spaces.

HangryHippo
07-18-2021, 03:44 PM
The people who make fun of "libtards" for needing safe spaces create a coffee shop for their own safe spaces.
Their own message boards, channels, coffee shops. ****’s endless.

mugofbeer
07-19-2021, 05:19 PM

Other countries? Most every decent sized city has coffee shops that cater only to certain groups. Coffee shops have long been associated with political discourse.

mugofbeer
07-19-2021, 05:20 PM
How is it a "problem?" Just go to another coffee shop.

Pete
07-19-2021, 05:27 PM
Other countries? Most every decent sized city has coffee shops that cater only to certain groups. Coffee shops have long been associated with political discourse.

Catering to certain groups is very different than "specific political ideology used as a status symbol" which was the question posed and quoted by you in your response.

chssooner
07-19-2021, 05:50 PM
I went this weekend. It had good coffee, which is all that mattered to me. I don't care where the proceeds go. Maybe that's just me.

mugofbeer
07-19-2021, 07:42 PM
Catering to certain groups is very different than "specific political ideology used as a status symbol" which was the question posed and quoted by you in your response.

I'm not sure there's really a difference. Does Black Rifle Coffee actively turn away anti-Trumpers? I don't know about OKC, but in Denver there are a number of coffee shops and other small businesses that make it clear with signs and symbols by their doors that conservatives are not welcome. There is even one openly Pro-Trump shop (Trumped Gift and Coffee House) that's still open. So, l have to disagree with you.

No matter, the bottom line is you can always buy your coffee at another shop.

Mississippi Blues
07-19-2021, 09:05 PM
I went this weekend. It had good coffee, which is all that mattered to me. I don't care where the proceeds go. Maybe that's just me.

It seems most people don’t care where the proceeds go unless an establishment promotes itself heavily on what they stand for beyond their products, which is what the conversation seems to be about to this point.

Mississippi Blues
07-19-2021, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure there's really a difference. Does Black Rifle Coffee actively turn away anti-Trumpers? I don't know about OKC, but in Denver there are a number of coffee shops and other small businesses that make it clear with signs and symbols by their doors that conservatives are not welcome. There is even one openly Pro-Trump shop (Trumped Gift and Coffee House) that's still open. So, l have to disagree with you.

No matter, the bottom line is you can always buy your coffee at another shop.

I would agree with Pete. I rarely see businesses, even coffee shops, promote themselves on political stances. There are a number of things that have little to do with politics that have become political, alas the inclusivity signs that can be found throughout cities like Portland and San Francisco, but I find it hard to call those political stances. I see them more as support for marginalized groups. Seeing as how so many things become political in America, I can see that it is probably hard for people that view everything through a political lens to make the distinction, but from the way that I personally approach it, I think there is a distinction. I’m sure there are businesses that put up the inclusivity signs with political ideas in mind but I don’t find the things the signs label themselves to be political.

(I’m not saying you’re talking about the inclusivity signs; that is what I am using as a reference as I have heard people mention those specifically as being political)

mugofbeer
07-19-2021, 10:11 PM
These are definitly the oppositevof IN-clusivity signs that l'm talking about.

You'll never see many businesses that would do this because it automatically excludes half your potential clients but some few don't care.

I'm done. Drink their coffee or go elsewhere. That's how the market works and why choices are always good.

Rover
07-20-2021, 12:36 PM
I would agree with Pete. I rarely see businesses, even coffee shops, promote themselves on political stances. There are a number of things that have little to do with politics that have become political, alas the inclusivity signs that can be found throughout cities like Portland and San Francisco, but I find it hard to call those political stances. I see them more as support for marginalized groups. Seeing as how so many things become political in America, I can see that it is probably hard for people that view everything through a political lens to make the distinction, but from the way that I personally approach it, I think there is a distinction. I’m sure there are businesses that put up the inclusivity signs with political ideas in mind but I don’t find the things the signs label themselves to be political.

(I’m not saying you’re talking about the inclusivity signs; that is what I am using as a reference as I have heard people mention those specifically as being political)

We falsely make everything political. It's like saying dogs are animals. Bears are animals. Therefore dogs are bears. Social stances may be supported by certain people who ALSO belong to certain political groups, but it doesn't make the stance political.

Pete
08-24-2021, 09:27 AM
Black Rifle Coffee is planning to renovate and occupy the former PDQ Chicken building at 14215 N. Penn.

thunderbird
08-26-2021, 06:22 AM
Black Rifle Coffee is planning to renovate and occupy the former PDQ Chicken building at 14215 N. Penn.

Seems like they are really growing. I think they even had one store a year or two ago. I still haven’t been but looks interesting.

chssooner
08-26-2021, 06:44 AM
It has good coffee. I have never cared who owns a business, if the product is quality. I like the Moore location.