View Full Version : OKC Tap House

Pete
12-02-2020, 06:40 AM
This is the 2-story bar going in on the corner of the new Omni Hotel.

Will be two levels with a large patio and outdoor balcony. Should have great views of the arena, skyline and park.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/omni112820d.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/omni112820e.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/omni112820b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/omni040820i.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/omni040820h.jpg

Mballard85
12-02-2020, 07:21 AM
Is this what is listed as sports bar on the Omni layout?

Pete
12-02-2020, 07:29 AM
^

Yes.

Pete
12-02-2020, 07:35 AM
A couple more that were posted on Twitter:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/okctaphouse120220f.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/okctaphouse120220g.jpg

shawnw
12-02-2020, 08:35 AM
It's what we feared. Meet me at the OKC Tap House on OKC Boulevard to watch the OKC Thunder................

David
12-02-2020, 08:47 AM
Reminds me a bit of the Urban Johnnie layout.

Pete
12-02-2020, 08:48 AM
It's a lot bigger than the old UJ and the patio/balcony will be great spots and bring more life to that area.

Along with Thunder Alley, this corner will be pretty special for Thunder games and other events.

catcherinthewry
12-02-2020, 08:59 AM
This place looks great. I will definitely be a regular there before and after Thunder games (20-21 season excluded).

Richard at Remax
12-02-2020, 09:17 AM
You always fear when a convention hotel is built (along with a ton of subsities) that it will be a boring yawnfest. I am very pleased at the quality of the build outs and restaurants, as well as the high end finishes of the hotel and rooms. Post covid, these places will print money.

Pete, are they still planning in a Spa?

BBQisgoodfood
12-02-2020, 09:19 AM
$10 draft beer pours here we come!

Pete
12-02-2020, 09:23 AM
Pete, are they still planning on a Spa?

Yes, Mokara Spa on the 2nd floor. Construction, like the rest of the hotel, is almost finished:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/mokaraspa120220a.jpg

Pete
12-02-2020, 09:29 AM
This entire project will be such a difference-maker.

Not only will it offer a premium place for out-of-towners, but there will also be a bunch of amenities that locals can/will use:

1. The ballrooms and 2nd level terrace overlooking the park
2. OKC Tap Room
3. 3-meal Seltzer Diner along the boulevard with a bunch of outdoor seating
4. Park Grounds coffee facing the park
5. Bob's Steak and Chop House
6. Double Double grill with walk-up window facing the park
7. Basin Bar in the lobby
8. Catbird Seat Lounge on the 3rd level overlooking the park and arena with direct access to the pool
9. Mokara Spa
10. Pool and cabanas; will be available for events

All done at a very high standard and will bring a lot of life to the park and nearby area.

I've said all the way along that this was the right location for the hotel and convention center as it would add so much to the Core 2 Shore area and help jump-start the area.

HOT ROD
12-04-2020, 06:13 PM
I'd love to see some OKC local joint(s) at or near the convention center. If we can't land Flagship locations for Braums, Sonic, Taco Mayo, etc then I'd love to see at least some retail frontage of them there or at Will Rogers International Airport.

Not to take away from the premium offerings, but trying to cator to everyone particularly since OKC has an assortment of national/regional chains that just so happen to be HQ here.

Pete
12-04-2020, 06:24 PM
^

There is already Social Capital right across the park and soon Spark will open in the park.

Will also be locally owned and operated restaurants and bars in Thunder Alley.

Jeepnokc
01-30-2021, 11:53 AM
We went to the Taproom last night. Very cool setting and was on a wait for awhile. By 1130...the place was almost completely empty. We were there from 6 to 10 and had started to empty when the band came on about 930. The place is really too small for a loud band and overpowers the room. My business partner was there about 1130 after what he said was not a good dinner at Bobs and it was almost empty.

Keeping in mind they opened Tuesday and have kinks to work out...here are my thoughts of last night.
Alcohol selection is poor. The only scotch was Johnny Walker Black. Understand this is a "taphouse" but only one almost well scotch? There is not a huge beer offering for a "taphouse" but they have good beer on the menu and quite a few local beers including Lively, Stonecloud, Vanessa House and COOP The drinks were very good and imaginative, The OKC Old Fashioned with BBQ bitters was excellent. However, it was taking 15-20 minutes to get a beer or drink. After 15 minutes waiting on my modelo, she brought me a Corona. She (the server) made a comment that the bartenders were mad at her and she was having a hard time getting drinks.

Food was fairly quick. Wings were very saucy but they were tasty. The grilled cheese and nachos my friends got was excellent. Same with the grilled chicken sandwich with pineapple and jalapenos. The pizza was ok. We had the shi****o peppers for an appetizers and they needed to be cooked longer as they were crispy (as in still raw crispy) but the pickled vegetables with it were amazing. Drinks are a little pricy with the old fashioned being $15. (Old fashioneds at STAG are $5-$13)

You can smoke on the patio but they did not have the firepits or heaters going even though they were on a wait inside. The doors were also locked so it was hard to come back in if you went out. The barstools at the tables inside are very cool looking and trendy but are not comfortable.

When they get the kinks worked out...will be a cool place to hang out.

I keep trying to spell out the shi****o peppers and it automatically keeps changing it as it thinks it is a cuss word.

Pete
01-30-2021, 01:14 PM
Looks like the Tap House menu is also available in the Basin Bar in the Lobby. However, they have their own drink menu.

Menus for OKC Tap House:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/taphousefood1.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/taphousebev1.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/taphousebev2.jpg

BoulderSooner
02-01-2021, 07:57 AM
we had the octopus app and the nachos on friday and both were fantastic ..

sooner88
02-01-2021, 08:09 AM
We went to the Taproom last night. Very cool setting and was on a wait for awhile. By 1130...the place was almost completely empty. We were there from 6 to 10 and had started to empty when the band came on about 930. The place is really too small for a loud band and overpowers the room. My business partner was there about 1130 after what he said was not a good dinner at Bobs and it was almost empty.

Keeping in mind they opened Tuesday and have kinks to work out...here are my thoughts of last night.
Alcohol selection is poor. The only scotch was Johnny Walker Black. Understand this is a "taphouse" but only one almost well scotch? There is not a huge beer offering for a "taphouse" but they have good beer on the menu and quite a few local beers including Lively, Stonecloud, Vanessa House and COOP The drinks were very good and imaginative, The OKC Old Fashioned with BBQ bitters was excellent. However, it was taking 15-20 minutes to get a beer or drink. After 15 minutes waiting on my modelo, she brought me a Corona. She (the server) made a comment that the bartenders were mad at her and she was having a hard time getting drinks.

Food was fairly quick. Wings were very saucy but they were tasty. The grilled cheese and nachos my friends got was excellent. Same with the grilled chicken sandwich with pineapple and jalapenos. The pizza was ok. We had the shi****o peppers for an appetizers and they needed to be cooked longer as they were crispy (as in still raw crispy) but the pickled vegetables with it were amazing. Drinks are a little pricy with the old fashioned being $15. (Old fashioneds at STAG are $5-$13)

You can smoke on the patio but they did not have the firepits or heaters going even though they were on a wait inside. The doors were also locked so it was hard to come back in if you went out. The barstools at the tables inside are very cool looking and trendy but are not comfortable.

When they get the kinks worked out...will be a cool place to hang out.

I keep trying to spell out the shi****o peppers and it automatically keeps changing it as it thinks it is a cuss word.

We were there from 9-11 or so just for drinks, but echo a lot of the same things. The waitstaff was understandably overwhelmed as they were at capacity for a majority of the time we were there, and the band was so loud it made it difficult to hear anything else. A martini was ~$20 with tip, which seemed pretty high for the setting. We're looking forward to trying Bob's next week, and hope that our experience is better than your friends.

Jeepnokc
02-01-2021, 09:18 PM
. We're looking forward to trying Bob's next week, and hope that our experience is better than your friends.

We have reservations for Bobs on the 12 and excited to try it. Let us know how your visit goes.