View Full Version : Meating Place

catcherinthewry
11-20-2020, 08:28 AM
The Meating Place is a new BBQ restaurant on Main St in Norman. It came to my attention when I was trying to find out if Bobo's was still around. Several of the comments on the Bobo's FB fan page mentioned that The Meating Place served smoked fried chicken similar to Bobo's. I tried it out yesterday and while their chicken was different from Bobo's it was still very good. TMP's chicken was smokier than Bobo's and their crust wasn't as good and also no honey, but all in all it was a very acceptable alternative. I also tried their brisket, sausage and ribs. The sausage and the moist brisket was excellent while their ribs and lean brisket were not quite as good (I want to go back so I can get a better sample size). Overall, I definitely recommend TMP and it is my new favorite BBQ place in Norman (although the competition is not very stout).

zefferoni
11-20-2020, 08:32 AM
Their truck used to come to my office, I'm a big fan.

FighttheGoodFight
11-20-2020, 09:02 AM
They have been at that location a while. Always been a fan and really nice owners. Plus they have their own beer made at 405 Brewery in Norman. If you are a beer fan it goes great with some BBQ.

jedicurt
11-20-2020, 09:22 AM
They have been at that location a while. Always been a fan and really nice owners. Plus they have their own beer made at 405 Brewery in Norman. If you are a beer fan it goes great with some BBQ.

i believe all of their draft beers are Oklahoma locals. so i agree a great place for a beer fan!

Thomas Vu
11-20-2020, 05:06 PM
Speaking of bobo's, I was looking to go out and try flavors wings. They mention honey and thought of bobo's straight away.

jedicurt
11-21-2020, 11:20 AM
Meating place is doing large orders for Thanksgiving if you look on their facebook. pretty good prices if anyone is wanting some bbq turkey or a brisket for thanksgiving

Jersey Boss
11-22-2020, 11:05 AM
Meating place is doing large orders for Thanksgiving if you look on their facebook. pretty good prices if anyone is wanting some bbq turkey or a brisket for thanksgiving

The bbq turkey is their calling card. Very good.