View Full Version : Sams Surplus / Sams Best Buys is closing

Ward
10-13-2020, 12:08 PM
Sams Best Buys, formerly Sams Surplus, at 2409 S Agnew is closing unless they
can find a buyer. They are offering a $20,000 finders fee for a new owner.

They have been there seemingly forever. I used to buy camping and outdoor
clothing type things there, especially way back when things were still USA made.

It was an eclectic store for sure.

BigSully
10-13-2020, 02:26 PM
Our family always went there to get cheap gear for the annual ski trip. Fun memories.

Bill Robertson
10-14-2020, 09:20 AM
Our family always went there to get cheap gear for the annual ski trip. Fun memories.
So did we. And I still get insulated and plain coveralls there still.

Dob Hooligan
10-14-2020, 03:48 PM
I keep thinking they have been running that close out sale and reward for a buyer promotion for over a year now. I quite possibly might be drunkenly mis-remembering, but I'm sure I saw a newspaper item about this many months ago.

Bill Robertson
10-14-2020, 04:07 PM
I keep thinking they have been running that close out sale and reward for a buyer promotion for over a year now. I quite possibly might be drunkenly mis-remembering, but I'm sure I saw a newspaper item about this many months ago.
A year or so ago they had a big "clean out" sale but I don't remember them saying anything about closing then.

btmec
10-25-2020, 07:18 PM
I'm surprised they haven't retired by now. I last week about 3 months ago to get some supplies for a trip. They beat Bass Pro and Cabella's on price any day. They're my goto place for outdoor supplies and winter coats. I've been shopping there for almost 40 years when that part of down was home to middle-class families and safe.