View Full Version : Broadway Extension

Baggo
10-08-2019, 01:58 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the line striping on Broadway extension on/off ramps is all goofed up? It's impossible to get on or off at Britton without crossing a solid white line, and if my Driver's Ed teacher was correct, that's not legal to cross.
I just noticed it this week.

WitWhy
10-08-2019, 07:06 PM
You can cross a solid white line, it just means it's not recommended as it's potentially unsafe. Solid yellow is a no no

turnpup
10-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Yes, we noticed it right away. There were some construction barrels being laid out along that same area yesterday, so maybe they're planning something else.

jn1780
10-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Its a re-striping project using a recently adopted technique called recessed striping. They put the strip in a recessed grove so that cars and snowplows won't wear down the striping as fast. I think idea with the white line is to encourage merging traffic to get up to speed before crossing over.

turnpup
10-09-2019, 12:10 PM
Its a re-striping project using a recently adopted technique called recessed striping. They put the strip in a recessed grove so that cars and snowplows won't wear down the striping as fast. I think idea with the white line is to encourage merging traffic to get up to speed before crossing over.

Thanks for the information!