View Full Version : Grocery store coming to Midtown

Pete
02-22-2019, 04:13 PM
Ben Nockels, the proprietor of Commonplace Books and the Kitchen at Commonplace, told members of the Downtown Design Review Committee that he is part of a group that will soon bring an urban grocery store to The Edge.

Comments were made as Nockles addressed the committee on The Elliott condo proposal.

He said his businesses 'would soon occupy 3/4 of the ground floor at The Edge'. Not sure if they'll be adding more retail space to the ground floor, but it sure sounds like it.

shoei
02-22-2019, 04:30 PM
Oh wow! this could be big!

PhiAlpha
02-22-2019, 05:41 PM
Ben Nockels, the proprietor of Commonplace Books and the Kitchen at Commonplace, told members of the Downtown Design Review Committee that he is part of a group that will soon bring an urban grocery store to The Edge.

Comments were made as Nockles addressed the committee on The Elliott condo proposal.

He said his businesses 'would soon occupy 3/4 of the ground floor at The Edge'. Not sure if they'll be adding more retail space to the ground floor, but it sure sounds like it.

Interesting. I wonder where they would add it and if they plan to utilize the empty corner retail space across from Hank’s ?

DoctorTaco
02-23-2019, 08:07 AM
Interesting. I wonder where they would add it and if they plan to utilize the empty corner retail space across from Hank’s ?

I think if they simply added the remnant of the old Organic Squeeze on the corner opposite Hanks they would get to 3/4 of the ground floor (along with the bookstore and restaurant).

Also that space still has coolers and things for produce from back when Organic Squeeze was trying a few grocery options.

HOT ROD
02-24-2019, 04:19 PM
good news but would rather see a 30 sqft as part of a new tower or development with some smaller retail going into Edge (if I had a say/preference). ..

still surprised there's no urban 7-11 or Circle-K style convenience stores anywhere near downtown OKC - the densest part of the whole state mind you. ....

I personally think this "rooftops" argument no longer applies. Just look at the numbers of residential in the metro core and MOST of them are in the upper crust. How could this continue to be ignored when other cities have full-scale retail with much less rooftops.

come on Bruams, One-Cue (no gas needed), 7-11, Circle-K, Kwick-Trip, etc.