View Full Version : OKC media landscape about to get WORSE!

Pages : 1 [2]

stile99
08-12-2018, 08:22 AM
Taco Bell: Think Outside the Pun.

chuck5815
08-12-2018, 12:16 PM
I’d like a few slices of Supreme Pizza with a dab of ranch. You buying with some of that subsidy money, Steve-O?

TheSteveHunt
08-12-2018, 08:25 PM
Tough crowd!

kwhey
08-13-2018, 08:42 AM
It is important we tell our story en route to becoming a big league city, or whatever it is we are striving for.
Oklahoma City looks **TERRIBLE*** here. We shouldn't stand for this

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/13/sinclair-broadcasting-armstrong-williams-642997

Armstrong Williams got ‘sweetheart’ deal from Sinclair
Selling TV stations to select buyers for below-market prices could jeopardize FCC approval of Sinclair-Tribune merger.

By JASON SCHWARTZ 06/13/2018 05:05 AM EDTArmstrong Williams got ‘sweetheart’ deal from Sinclair
Selling TV stations to select buyers for below-market prices could jeopardize FCC approval of Sinclair-Tribune merger.

By JASON SCHWARTZ 06/13/2018 05:05 AM EDT

Armstrong Williams is acquiring three local television stations from Sinclair Broadcasting Group -- in Seattle, Salt Lake City and Oklahoma City – for $4.95 million. | Kirk Irwin/Getty Images for SiriusXM..........

Armstrong WIlliams is freaking hack. He is nothing but an extention of Sinclair.

TheSteveHunt
08-13-2018, 07:39 PM
Government-owned media? Are you saying the thunder are government-owned basketball? I was only talking about subsidies. But anyway, forget about it. I'm ready to tackle the net neutrality issue because that one is a lot more important. Forget I said anything.

A govt owned media is like the literal opposite of a free and fair press. So this entire thread and rant is just nonsensical

mugofbeer
08-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Another namecaller of someone solely because he doesn't agree with your political viewpoint. Its no suprise someone got a deal for the stations because the regulators were demanding it and Sinclair didn't want to and was trying to negotiate the number from 10 to something lower.
Th Sinclair deal for Tribune was likely expensive relative to value and to be required to sell off 10 stations made it even more expensive.
Things came to a head so Sinclair dumped some to Williams at the last second. You may not like who they were sold to but that kind of thing sometimes happens to get a bigger deal done. Know the deal and the details maybe.
You just dont like that these are conservative entities. Try finding legitimate things to whine about instead of name calling because you don't like the politics.

TheSteveHunt
08-13-2018, 09:11 PM
This has nothing to do with Sinclair's political leanings. I can pull up 15 years worth of me complaining about Media consolidation, and it never has to do with the way that entities lean.

Midtowner
08-13-2018, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure it's all that much of a problem. As much as corporate media has consolidated, new media has filled the gap insofar as reporting real news. As much as the Oklahoman wants to not report on certain things, it's been since the 80s, with few exceptions that local TV media has covered real news. Is anyone actually persuaded by those Sinclair mandatory editorials? National news isn't all that relevant in Oklahoma anyway. Few of those stories have much local relevance.

stile99
08-14-2018, 03:32 AM
We're getting off topic here. If we've run out of Taco Bell puns, we could expand to include other fast food items. Or are you nuggets too chicken?

Uptowner
08-14-2018, 03:44 AM
It won’t be funny when 250 local stations run the same opinion peice simultaneously about how the local Taco Bell makes the best nacho cheese dorito cheesy Gordita crunch supreme and we should all go out and get one and stop whining about high prices at the pumps because tariffs are good for everyone.

TheSteveHunt
08-14-2018, 06:12 AM
I can not imagine the level of a mind that is influenced in their actions by the infantile lost ogle, however we are seeing it first hand right here! That s$#@ is about as funny as The Big Bang Theory...so I am pretty sure there are a lot of people out there influenced by Sinclair...few under 60, but still it's a decent number.

We're getting off topic here. If we've run out of Taco Bell puns, we could expand to include other fast food items. Or are you nuggets too chicken?

stile99
08-14-2018, 06:26 AM
I can not imagine the level of a mind that is influenced in their actions by the infantile lost ogle, however we are seeing it first hand right here! That s$#@ is about as funny as The Big Bang Theory...so I am pretty sure there are a lot of people out there influenced by Sinclair...few under 60, but still it's a decent number.

We can do failed politician jokes if you prefer.

jerrywall
08-14-2018, 08:11 AM

*mic drop*

TheSteveHunt
08-14-2018, 09:41 AM

go for it

stile99
08-14-2018, 10:05 AM
go for it

Q: How many failed politicians desperate for attention does it take to start a thread about an issue that was resolved before posting?

A: Just one.

TheSteveHunt
08-14-2018, 10:07 AM
q: what kind of man enjoys "stile99" jokes

a:14854

chuck5815
08-14-2018, 10:09 AM
Q: How many failed politicians desperate for attention does it take to start a thread about an issue that was resolved before posting?

A: Just one.

Damn, that's ice cold.

Just like the Mountain Dew I'm sippin' on.