View Full Version : Former 7-Eleven location 63rd/Portland

billokc
07-13-2018, 03:08 PM
The space that 7-Eeven held has been gutted and the roof trim has been painted a dark red. Saw a group of people there chatting in the parking lot, so I inquired what was going in there. They were trying to be funny and replied "A strip joint!!" HAHAHAHAHAHA. I laughed along too, but decided not to push the issue so I moved along.

The liquor store on the other end of the building is now gone as of 6/30, but the National Radio Sales is still there.

Pete
07-13-2018, 03:18 PM
^

First of all, thanks for taking the time to try and figure out what is going on.

Secondly, there are absolutely no building permits for this site, but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Interestingly, this building is not owned by 7/11 which was probably a contributing factor to them bailing out of there.

d-usa
07-13-2018, 04:15 PM
I wonder if some of those combined gas station and liquor store buildings will just end up becoming one giant liquor store with the new rules.

foodiefan
07-13-2018, 05:10 PM
. . .will never forget filling up at a Shell station several years ago in Plano/Dallas area. Went
in get something to drink and they had a sign for wine tastings. . .every Thursday at 6 pm or
something like that!!

billokc
07-14-2018, 01:33 PM
^

First of all, thanks for taking the time to try and figure out what is going on.

Secondly, there are absolutely no building permits for this site, but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Interestingly, this building is not owned by 7/11 which was probably a contributing factor to them bailing out of there.

Stopped by earlier to see if there's anything new. Two guys in there doing some painting. For lease sign on the window under the name of Coronado Heights Property Management LLC.

Pete
07-14-2018, 02:01 PM
^

They should have permits posted when there is work in progress but since they don't seem to have filed for any, you can't merely go look at the window to get more info.

billokc
07-15-2018, 07:28 AM
^

They should have permits posted when there is work in progress but since they don't seem to have filed for any, you can't merely go look at the window to get more info.

So was I in the wrong?

Pete
07-15-2018, 07:34 AM
So was I in the wrong?

Haha... No, I just worded that badly.

I meant that because they haven't applied for permits it's not a simple as just looking at them posted in the window and figuring out what is going on.

Sounds like there is enough work that permits are needed and if the city catches them, they'll get shut down.

billokc
07-15-2018, 05:40 PM
Haha... No, I just worded that badly.

I meant that because they haven't applied for permits it's not a simple as just looking at them posted in the window and figuring out what is going on.

Sounds like there is enough work that permits are needed and if the city catches them, they'll get shut down.

I see. The only sign posted is the property management sign. I did not talk with the guys doing some painting inside, and they didn't seem to pay any attention to me. I don't know if the radio store is still in business there or not. A friend told me he saw a truck backed up to that store the other day, but I'm going to check it out Monday.

billokc
07-21-2018, 12:18 PM
Stopped by the other day. The neon sign for the radio store has been moved next door where the liquor store had been. Wondering if the radio store is simply moving next door (maybe it's a bigger space?) or if the wall(s) between the spaces will be removed to make a bigger overall space for the radio store. No noticeable difference in the old 7-Eleven spot.

Pete
07-21-2018, 12:18 PM
^

Thanks Bill!

whorton
07-22-2018, 03:41 AM
^

And the answer is:

For LEASE

billokc
08-06-2018, 08:06 AM
National Radio Sales has moved into the space formerly occupied by the liquor store on the other end of the building. So now, the space in the middle is empty.