View Full Version : 240 Penn Park - No Firehouse Subs?

SoonerDave
05-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Several months ago, I remember reading that Firehouse Subs was going to be one of the first tenants in the new section of 240 Penn Park, but they've never gone in. I also noticed a building permit application from FirehouseSubs back in *August* of last year that's never gone anywhere. Given that the unit specified in the permit now has "For Lease" signs in the window, I'm guessing the project fell through? Any one have any info on this?

Pete
05-12-2017, 11:59 AM
I assume the OKC locations are franchised and suspect the franchisee changed his/her mind or couldn't get the capital together for this site.

Video Expert
05-12-2017, 01:02 PM
I assume the OKC locations are franchised and suspect the franchisee changed his/her mind or couldn't get the capital together for this site.

Perhaps they are finding it harder and harder to get people to continue to fork over $11 bucks for a steamed (soggy) sandwich, a minuscule bag of chips, and a 20 oz. drink.

soonermike81
05-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Perhaps they are finding it harder and harder to get people to continue to fork over $11 bucks for a steamed (soggy) sandwich, a minuscule bag of chips, and a 20 oz. drink.

I actually had a Firehouse sub this past week for the first time in about 10 years, and I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. Don't remember enjoying it 10 years ago; hence me never trying it again until a work function brought it in this week.

rezman
05-12-2017, 02:16 PM
While I did enjoy their limited time only brisket & slaw on Kings Hawaiian bun sandwich at the Edmond location probably 2 years ago, there's really not much else to enjoy there. I've been there a few times since and left unimpressed each time, and don't plan on going back.

Zuplar
05-12-2017, 02:51 PM
I always felt Firehouse was one of the better sub shops around.

BLJR
05-12-2017, 03:24 PM
A shade pricey, but I like their subs. Don't know about this one specifically, but we inquired about a franchise years ago. Someone bought up all the franchise areas in OKC, and in order to get one, we would have to buy the franchise rights from whomever bought them all. I guess I didn't really understand how Firehouse allowed someone to buy them all up and just sit on them indefinitely, and just do nothing with them in a certain amount of time to only intend to resell them. We were looking at opening one in the Yukon area. At least that is how it was explained to us from someone at Firehouse.

SoonerDave
05-15-2017, 10:19 AM

Hmmm...your experience isn't at all like that of my family's at the Firehouse Subs down in Moore. We've found them anything bug "soggy" and I don't recall forking over $11 for one. To each their own.

seaofchange
05-15-2017, 12:17 PM
Hmmm...your experience isn't at all like that of my family's at the Firehouse Subs down in Moore. We've found them anything bug "soggy" and I don't recall forking over $11 for one. To each their own.

I'm with you. I was so excited when they finally came to OK and would make trips down to the first location in Norman. So glad they opened in Moore. It's one of my favorite places and worth the price to me. It's usually around $16 for two meals.