View Full Version : Cinco's Taco Restaurant

Martin
04-25-2017, 11:43 AM
our office's de facto gyro spot on lunch rotation has been ol' gyro on 35th & classen... today we pulled in to find that it had been replaced by cinco's taco restaurant. apparently they've been open for a week.

prices were reasonable... $2.50 for tacos, $5.99 for burritos/quesadillas. i ordered WAY too much food to try out a few different things: a chicken quesadilla, an asada taco, and a pastor taco. everything was really tasty, but the pastor was the best of the bunch. i don't know if they make their corn tortillas in house or if they just use a better grade of tortilla, but what they used was really thick and flavorful compared to what most places use.

so... while we'll be searching for a new gyro joint to fill in the void, i think we found a new taco place.

Roger S
04-25-2017, 12:11 PM
Had a co-worker tell me he ate there yesterday. Said he though the chicken was a little dry but otherwise enjoyed it and would go back.

He also told me the tortillas were made in house but I didn't ask how he came about that information.

Paseofreak
04-25-2017, 04:33 PM
I just finished their Carne asada burrito. It was really nice and tasty, quite ample size for the price, but... They served it in a plastic basket with a piece of parchment paper lining it and a fork. The burrito is prepared with avocado-pepper sauce and cheese spread over the top, so no picking it up Mission style to eat it. By the time I managed to cut the thing with a fork, the parchment paper was soggy, torn and mixed with the burrito innards. No knives available. Again, very tasty, but the presentation wasn't thought out at all.

Martin
04-25-2017, 08:27 PM
I just finished their Carne asada burrito. It was really nice and tasty, quite ample size for the price, but... They served it in a plastic basket with a piece of parchment paper lining it and a fork. The burrito is prepared with avocado-pepper sauce and cheese spread over the top, so no picking it up Mission style to eat it. By the time I managed to cut the thing with a fork, the parchment paper was soggy, torn and mixed with the burrito innards. No knives available. Again, very tasty, but the presentation wasn't thought out at all.

ha... yep, if i had one complaint it was the lack of a knife. that detail had totally slipped my mind. cutting into the quesadilla with just a fork wasn't so bad, but i would've really missed having a knife had i ordered a burrito.

Roger S
01-19-2018, 12:01 PM
Doesn't look like they are still in business. Noticed they were closed at lunch every time I drove by this week.

OKCbyTRANSFER
01-19-2018, 04:52 PM
I heard they were moving from this location,but I don't know the details or where to.

Martin
01-19-2018, 05:33 PM
i hope it's just a move (and that it's still within lunch range!) because their food was really good.