View Full Version : Sizzle n Spice

Pete
03-27-2017, 01:28 PM
This Pakastani food truck is in the process of building out space in Mayfair Shopping Center for a brick and mortar location.

Will be just north of Michael's on the east side of May and just south of 50th.

Their truck gets rave reviews and I live close, so excited about this.

https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/11140296_840808482675181_5785655885092465212_n.jpg ?oh=2373a324d138a171064f1ace7cd6ba6a&oe=596134A3

https://www.facebook.com/sizzlespice1

Roger S
03-27-2017, 01:39 PM
Have never caught this truck. Do you know if their menu will be similar to places like Sheesh Mahal and Kebab & Curry?

Pete
03-27-2017, 01:42 PM
I think it's a bit less traditional...

Curry bowls, tandoori wraps, etc.

BTW, there is a very good traditional Pakastani place called Kabob and Curry on 39th & Portland (Portland Plaza shopping center nex to wings place). I had their kabobs which were all excellent but the chicken curry was just okay.

Loving all these newish ethic food options in this area.

foodiefan
03-27-2017, 01:47 PM
I think it's a bit less traditional...

Curry bowls, tandoori wraps, etc.

BTW, there is a very good traditional Pakastani place called Kabob and Curry on 39th & Portland (Portland Plaza shopping center nex to wings place). I had their kabobs which were all excellent but the chicken curry was just okay.

Will have to try soon!!

Roger S
03-27-2017, 01:51 PM

Yep, that's the other place I referenced in my post... Agreed on the kebabs. Have tried all of them and they are all tasty. I also really enjoy their beef pratha but it's a bit of a drive from downtown for lunch. So don't get over there often.... Have never tried any of their curries.

Definitely agree on all the ethnic options... The additions of Hawaiian and Filipino in the Mid-Del area is awesome and new non-buffet Indian and Pakistani options are always good and I would love to see some authentic Cuban, other than cubanos, enter the scene.

soonermike81
03-27-2017, 10:16 PM
We love Sheesh Mahal! Excited to try this place out as we live nearby. Need to give Kabob and Curry a try too; it seems like I always see their ad pop up on Yelp.

Roger S
03-28-2017, 07:19 AM
We love Sheesh Mahal! Excited to try this place out as we live nearby. Need to give Kabob and Curry a try too; it seems like I always see their ad pop up on Yelp.

I'm definitely not an expert on Pakistani food but I know what I like and I like both Sheesh Mahal and Kebab & Curry.... So yeah. You definitely need to go try it.

Pete
03-28-2017, 07:26 AM
Yep, that's the other place I referenced in my post... Agreed on the kebabs. Have tried all of them and they are all tasty. I also really enjoy their beef pratha but it's a bit of a drive from downtown for lunch. So don't get over there often.... Have never tried any of their curries.

Definitely agree on all the ethnic options... The additions of Hawaiian and Filipino in the Mid-Del area is awesome and new non-buffet Indian and Pakistani options are always good and I would love to see some authentic Cuban, other than cubanos, enter the scene.

Sorry I missed that!

I believe Kabob n Curry has been there for a while but is easy to miss.

Super nice people.

Roger S
03-28-2017, 07:29 AM
Sorry I missed that!

I believe Kabob n Curry has been there for a while but is easy to miss.

Super nice people.

Yeah... I think I found out about it back when EatAroundOKC was in it's heyday.... That's definitely a resource for dining in OKC that is sorely missed.

Pete
04-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Had lunch at their food truck today during Open Streets on 23rd.

They said they have decided to pass on the Mayfair location and are now trying to work out a deal on the old Nomad space further north on May.

This was the spicy tandoori chicken wrap in naan bread. Pretty fantastic.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/spice040217.jpg

Roger S
04-02-2017, 04:03 PM
That may be a better location for them although it is further away from me for lunch.

Pete
04-20-2017, 10:34 AM
They will have a booth at the Art's Festival; on the north side near the NW stage.

Menu:

8. Sizzle N Spice & Prairie Dance Theatre
Tandoori Chicken Tika Wrap $8.00
Mince Beef Kebab Wrap $8.00
Veg-Vegan Wrap $8.00
Spicy Chicken and Rice Bowl with Masala Curry $12.00
Mince Beef Kabab N Rice Bowl $12.00
Veg Curry N Rice Bowl $12.00
Combo Platter with Chicken/Kabab/Rice $12.00
Veg Combo Platter with Curry Rice and Samosa Dumpling $12.00
Crispy Fried Samosa Dumpling (Veg) $3.00
Mango Lassi $3.00