View Full Version : Death Note - Netflix film

Dustin
03-22-2017, 01:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWcEvDjCi0Y&feature=youtu.be

Has anyone read the manga or watched the tv series?

I'm excited for this!

Dustin
03-22-2017, 01:29 PM
Crap. I meant to post this in Arts and Entertainment... Pete, can you move it please!

elitespy
03-22-2017, 08:58 PM
I've watched the Anime and it's one of my favorite Anime's so I'm not really sure how I feel about this.

FighttheGoodFight
03-23-2017, 07:17 AM
Ya doesn't look like it is exactly like the source material but Willim Defoe being in it sounds good. I will watch it simply because it is included in Netflix.

It can't be worse than the Ghost in the Shell movie coming out....

Colbafone
03-23-2017, 08:46 AM
Ya doesn't look like it is exactly like the source material but Willim Defoe being in it sounds good. I will watch it simply because it is included in Netflix.

It can't be worse than the Ghost in the Shell movie coming out....

Now wait a minute, the Ghost in the Shell movie looks awesome. The cinematography and choreography of the fights is almost exactly to what the anime is. I think it looks fantastic.

As does Death Note. Its good to see Anime getting some non weeb recognition here in the States.

FighttheGoodFight
03-23-2017, 09:08 AM
Now wait a minute, the Ghost in the Shell movie looks awesome. The cinematography and choreography of the fights is almost exactly to what the anime is. I think it looks fantastic.

As does Death Note. Its good to see Anime getting some non weeb recognition here in the States.

From what I understand from people who have seen Ghost in the Shell it has great visuals and music. I guess they focus a lot on the Major. I feel like it could be like Tron. Someone on reddit posted about their feelings after seeing the screening.

"Critics will pan it, mainstream audiences won't understand it, fans will hate it"

You can watch the first 5 minutes here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9n3gJRrHhk

Dustin
03-23-2017, 09:23 AM
Complaints I've heard are Kira doesn't look or seem as smart as Kira from the anime... People are dismissing it simply because it's an American adaptation...

Also, I think Willim Defoe voicing Ryuk is a brilliant choice.