View Full Version : Bacon

Pete
02-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Sean Cummings opening a new place simply called Bacon next to Vito's.

Lots of bacon-oriented dishes; ironically to be located just a block from the ill-fated Divine Swine.

Should open in a week or two.

https://www.facebook.com/baconokc/

HangryHippo
02-27-2017, 12:09 PM
Looks awesome! I just wish he'd keep some of his old haunts around as he develops new ones.

Roger S
02-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Lots of bacon-oriented dishes; ironically to be located just a block from the ill-fated Divine Swine.

Not sure I would call Divine Swine's closure ill-fated.

Valentine closed the restaurant while he was competing in Season 10 of Top Chef (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Chef_(season_10)#Contestants) where he finished 4th..... Ok, maybe ill-fated for us because his food there was really divine but not so much ill-fated for Josh Valentine.

Looking forward to checking out Cumming's new place though!

Bullbear
02-27-2017, 02:44 PM
There is a place in Austin on Lamar that is called BACON. I keep wanting to try it and never have..look forward to trying OKC's Bacon.

kevinpate
02-27-2017, 03:57 PM
A favorite meme - big bowl of bacon tagged as gluten free salad.

TheTravellers
02-28-2017, 11:47 AM
Sean Cummings opening a new place simply called Bacon next to Vito's.

Should open in a week or two.

https://www.facebook.com/baconokc/

Sorry, just gotta be pedantic, but it was more than a block - Vito's/Bacon is in the strip mall directly south of Grand, and Divine Swine is located one building south of Wilshire (still close, but not a block :)).

And Divine Swine was rightly closed, in our opinion - some of it was good, but most of it was way too salty since they cured their own meats in-house, it just wasn't quite right.

TheTravellers
06-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Looks like it's been open since end of March, anybody been yet?

Roger S
06-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Looks like it's been open since end of March, anybody been yet?

Unfortunately no.... Since it's not open for lunch and my evenings are usually already full of other activities. I have not had a chance to get over there and try it.... I've seen them post some pretty amazing looking pics on FB.

TheTravellers
05-06-2018, 01:11 PM
Looks like it's closed now that his Irish Pub is open, outside signs are down.

ScottCole1212
05-08-2018, 07:07 AM
I met with Sean Cummings a few weeks ago. He said that when the Irish Pub would open that he was closing Bacon.

jennydahl
05-29-2018, 08:02 AM
I hope Cathy expands into the vacated space. I love Vito's, but it's cramped in there!

Johnb911
05-30-2018, 07:16 AM
I hope Cathy expands into the vacated space. I love Vito's, but it's cramped in there!

We went to Vito's a couple Fridays ago because we couldn't get into opening night at Sean's, and that's exactly what she's done. I suppose it could have been just temporary because a lot of people were doing what we did, but there were several tables seated on the other side and the pass-through door between them was open.