View Full Version : "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

OKC PATROL
03-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Hello- Im seeing if this works- been having trouble w/ system.

PUGalicious
03-26-2007, 03:29 PM
It works! Welcome!
:welcome55

OKC PATROL
03-26-2007, 04:16 PM
IT WORKS....GREMLINS! anyway im 32 and getting my MFA here at OU/live in Norman. I enjoy Norman, but with what is happening in my city(OKC) im dying to go back and be even closer to my family . Roots are deep...deep in OKC. I decided to become apart of this forum-because it doesnt have any absurd degrading comments made be tulsans in other forums(they are all over the place)!- I have friends in the small green hills- but so many websites forums are out there promoting tulsa like crazy, while BASHING OKC in all directions!!! maybe because of the well know superiority complex and OKC being ahead of the curve via maps. They are becoming concerned with their image. Anyway i hope i didnt offend any tulsans that might be on this forum-but that is why i became a member. TO PROTECT AND SERVE- looking forward as a member. OH- Loudenback has killer sites/historical and new about OKC. thats another reason why i joined. whats up Doug! later everyone.

ibda12u
03-26-2007, 11:30 PM
OKCDrummer77 - If you're ever looking for a bass player to jam with toss me a line :)

Linze - Did you ever find the info you were looking for? And thanks for the comments on the layout :)

Angelicfly - You have an 11yr old chihuahua!? Well that shows instantly that you're a great pet person :), or you have some really special dog food. :)

CCOKC - Were you in Boise around the time of the OU/Boise Bowl Game? Are you an OU fan? If so, how'd that feel to be basked in blue? While having your heart in Norman?

foxydirtprincess - Have you seen the 300 yet? I think it's a major milestone in cinematography

Millie - Welcome back to OKC :), we glady welcome other creatives idea's on what to do around here as well :) I personally like to the oklahoma river, especially now that springs here!

OKC PATROL - lol, we appreciate you looking out for us, not just here on the forums either :) Be safe!

Anyways,
Welcome to the forums everyone!

CCOKC
03-28-2007, 03:36 PM
No I was not in Boise on Jan 1 but my husband was. I grew up an OU fan but actullay got my degree from OSU. You can not believe how big a deal the win was in Boise. When I was back the last two times, including last week, they are still talking about it. In their hearts they are the true National Champions. There is not much to do there and this is truly the biggest thing that ever happened to them.

GoldFinger
03-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Hello Everyone,

I've never posted but have been lurking for a couple of weeks.

Before anyone asks I chose Goldfinger because I am a James Bond aficionado...so to speak. My wife thinks I'm nuts be I guess we all have to have something to escape in.

I am happily married, one kid, two cats and two arse-holes better known as my in-laws. Maybe I'll touch on that at some point. You will be intrigued on this one It includes PI's and my (full-of-himself) father in-law.

I work two jobs one by day and the other by night throwing the GD Oklahoman newspaper. If you ever want to know the behind the scene crap our beloved Oklahoman pulls on the lowly newspaper carrier I can share that too.

I'm new to the whole forum thing but look forward to expressing my views.

That's my into...

GF

CMSturgeon
03-30-2007, 11:17 AM
It's nice to have you here Goldmember! ;)

GoldFinger
03-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh man...I already see typos how can I edit my posts I don't see an edit button?

CMSturgeon
03-30-2007, 11:26 AM
There should be an edit button on the right side of all of your posts.

GoldFinger
03-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Weird...all I see is QUOTE, MULTI-QUOTE and QUICK REPLY.

I'll make a post in the help forum.

kcsooner85
03-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Hey to everyone! My name is Brent and I am a 21 year old student who attends OU. I've been here in the OKC metro for nearly 3 years - I'm from Kansas City originally. Go Chiefs!! (and Boomer Sooner, of course.) :)

I look forward talking to all of you...I'm impressed with the amount of information on this site from what I've seen so far!

AFCM
04-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Hello, My name is Cynthia and I am just moving back to OKC from Boise. It was a short term thing and I guess I technically didn't move since I kept my house here and came back for a week a month since June of last year. I was born and raised in NW OKC and couldn't wait to get back home. My husband and I are soon to be buying a CPA firm in town and are looking to move it within the year. I have a strong interest in the Midtown area and am so excited to see all of the activity in and around the DT area. I love all of the information I get from this site and hope to become a regular poster.

Welcome aboard, CCOKC! I lived in Idaho for five years, up until a few months ago. I was in Boise for the big game and I nearly had to take on about 100 Bronco fans at a local sports bar. Those people are weird. They didn't know how to act, and you're right about the game being the biggest thing to happen in Idaho. What do you expect from a state where legislatures proposed a resolution to commend the creators of the movie "Napoleon Dynamite" for raising awareness of Idaho?

I lived in Mountain Home for four years, and lived in Boise for the last year. While I hated Mountain Home, I absolutely loved Boise. Boise was a very charming place, but I would never trade it for OKC. Now that I'm back in Oklahoma, I'm happier than ever. The only thing I miss about Idaho are the mountains. Boise had a pretty good economy, but the cost of living kept going up and up, while only a few major employers compensated. Luckily, I was military so I didn't have to worry about the COLA. Mountain Home was just a backwards town. My mother always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", so I won't say anymore about that.

It's nice to have you here, and I hope you get settled in. One thing I missed was while in Idaho was the rain. I especially missed thunderstorms. I actually find distant thunder very relaxing. No more yellow and brown year round! No more dust storms! Goodbye blue field!

Oh, I saw your post about the Boise IMAX and I have to agree with you. I saw a movie there once and I wasn't impressed at all.

meme#1
04-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi, my name is Martha or Meme as my granddaughter calls me. I am retired and moved to Moore because of her. I keep her while her mom and dad work. She is absolutely brilliant. I am impressed that Moore is such a progressive thinking town. I am a conservative activist and contact our legislatures regularly to encourage them to vote for conservative values.

Rifleman2C
04-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Another newbie here!

Greetings, everyone... I currently live in Ville-Sur-Haine, Belgium, where I am stationed while serving in the USAF. I was born in Tulsa and have lived the majority of my life in Oklahoma, with a couple of stints of travel here and there. The biggest reason that I am posting here is that I seem destined to return... once my current tour runs out in 2008, I will almost certainly return to the United States and to most likely to Tinker AFB, as my job is to support and care for both the E-3 AWACS and the people that make it fly.

My wife of eighteen years is a Molecular Biologist that has worked and played in the OKC area as well, and she is looking forward to returning to a less restrictive job market than the one that is offered over here. We both have had good experiences in the past volunteering with Carpenter's Square theater in downtown OKC, and hope that venue is still enjoying a bit of success... is there anyone that posts here that associates with that theater?

Anyway, I look forward to catching up on the goings on in OKC and hearing a few views and maybe offering a counterpoint or two. And I know my wife will enjoy the opportunity to talk to a few folks in the sciences community that might post here. As for me, I'm at the 20 year mark in my service... so one never knows what might happen!

Oh yeah... and this is a great smiley! ---> :ou

Lauri101
04-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Welcome Rifleman and Mrs. Rifleman! We're glad you are here.

Another newbie here!

Greetings, everyone... I currently live in Ville-Sur-Haine, Belgium, where I am stationed while serving in the USAF. I was born in Tulsa and have lived the majority of my life in Oklahoma, with a couple of stints of travel here and there. The biggest reason that I am posting here is that I seem destined to return... once my current tour runs out in 2008, I will almost certainly return to the United States and to most likely to Tinker AFB, as my job is to support and care for both the E-3 AWACS and the people that make it fly.

My wife of eighteen years is a Molecular Biologist that has worked and played in the OKC area as well, and she is looking forward to returning to a less restrictive job market than the one that is offered over here. We both have had good experiences in the past volunteering with Carpenter's Square theater in downtown OKC, and hope that venue is still enjoying a bit of success... is there anyone that posts here that associates with that theater?

Anyway, I look forward to catching up on the goings on in OKC and hearing a few views and maybe offering a counterpoint or two. And I know my wife will enjoy the opportunity to talk to a few folks in the sciences community that might post here. As for me, I'm at the 20 year mark in my service... so one never knows what might happen!

Oh yeah... and this is a great smiley! ---> :ou

Rifleman2C
04-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome Rifleman and Mrs. Rifleman! We're glad you are here.

And we are equally glad to be here!

I am pretty jazzed that forums such as this exist... I know that the Mrs. will start posting here soon (probably in my username for awhile), so there might be some 'duality' issues until she's got the time and is ready to get her own username.

I'm still somewhat agog at the sheer volume of posts and the number of subjects I'm going to have to catch up on... but it should be just what I need!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Well what do you know...There's a forum just for OKC. Not sure why it took me so long to find it, but I'm now here.

I'm just your average 35 year old, never married, no kids, suburbanite slob, living the quiet life as the weird single guy living at the end of the cul-de-sac.

Maybe you guys will make me actually get out more :D

Karried
04-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Welcome all the 'newbies'! I'm so happy to see all the intro posts! You all seem very interesting.. can't wait to get to know you all better.. please post so we'll find out more about you.

I always get a kick out of the user names.. but none has quite got my attention as the one directly above... ha,ha - I don't think I want to know!

Enjoy the site and post away!

Keith
04-07-2007, 08:50 PM
:Welcome: Rifleman2C and Oh GAWD the Smell! It's great to have you both on this forum. We have a great time discussing issues and throwing around ideas. Feel free to jump in any time and start posting:wink: .

Warning, though......this site is addicting....but it is a blast, and we have fun.:banana: :banana:

Oh GAWD the Smell!
04-08-2007, 12:45 AM
I always get a kick out of the user names.. but none has quite got my attention as the one directly above... ha,ha - I don't think I want to know!

Well, I was going to use "Hot Lonely Teenage Girl", but decided that would be rather gauche. ;)

BadGorilla
04-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Greetings! Another noob here - Ron Black, former afternoon drive guy on WKY (before they flipped to Spanish) and all-around swell guy. Well, not really.

A friend told me about this location and I must admit, you're doing a great job!

Karried
04-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Welcome Bad Gorilla!

Look forward to hearing more from you... you might want to chime in on the Imus thread... I'm sure you might have some thoughts on the issue.

BadGorilla
04-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Welcome Bad Gorilla!

Look forward to hearing more from you... you might want to chime in on the Imus thread... I'm sure you might have some thoughts on the issue.

Thanks. I'm waiting for the moderator to approve my post on the Imus situation. Again, keep up the great work.

BailJumper
04-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Hey, big badGorilla Ron! Long time fan hear.

Seems an article of yours in the Gazette got some members here worked up.

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/9057-maps-3-revenge-myth.html?highlight=ron+black

WECOME!

BadGorilla
04-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey, big badGorilla Ron! Long time fan hear.

Seems an article of yours in the Gazette got some members here worked up.

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/9057-maps-3-revenge-myth.html?highlight=ron+black

WECOME!

Good heavens. I guess so.

mbs
04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi, another new member. I found this site while looking for information on downtown condos. I'm not actually in the market yet, but thought that after my son graduates from high school in about 3 years (and hopefully moves on to college) I'd might be interested in buying a condo downtown. Hopefully by then there will be a few more moderately priced developments.

I've been reading a few of the threads, I'm impressed with this site, and glad to have found it. It seems like a great place to stay informed about what's going on in OKC.

About me - I'm 47, divorced, 1 teenager, work downtown and live NW. I'm excited about all the improvements in downtown OKC, and hope they continue.

jbrown84
04-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Welcome, all newbies!

OkieKAS
04-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Welsome to the Newbies, I am one too! hehe..........
I am Kathy (OkieKAS) and I live in Chickasha.
I have been here for one day and it is terrific.

Enjoy your time here!

OkieKAS
04-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi MeMe #1 ! My beloved daughter, Leslie, a child with Autism always called me "MeMe". I look forward to some day having a grandchild that calls me MeMe. :)

*In Remembrance of Miss Leslie 1984 - 2000*

OkieKAS aka Kathy aka Les' MeMe :)

SWOKC 4 me
05-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Hello everyone!

As the member name says I live in and love SouthWest Oklahoma City. I have been reading these forums for several months now and want to thank everyone for the great information and discussion. I am excited about the direction all of Oklahoma City is taking and hope the renaissance continues!

I look foreward to participating on a more active level now that I finally got around to becoming a member of the forum!
SWOKC 4 me

OkieKAS
05-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Welcome to all of the New Members and those attending as Guests.

Metro Master
05-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone at OKCTalk.com!!

dcsooner
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone, I am a Lawton native, OU grad and Oklahoman till I die. Just a lover of my home State, interested in it's continued growth and prosperity and looking forward to returning after retirement from the Federal Government.

DarlingDearest
05-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Hello hello...Dallas native, and proud OU graduate. I'm here in OKC and taking the good with the boring.
No really, I like it here.

Keith
05-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Hello hello...Dallas native, and proud OU graduate. I'm here in OKC and taking the good with the boring.
No really, I like it here.
Hi DarlingDearest, and welcome to OKCTalk. You have found the most active message board in OKC. There are always great discussions going on, and you will meet some of the friendliest people.

:welcome55

FritterGirl
05-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi All,

I've already made a private introduction to one or two of you, but here is my official hello.

My name is Jennifer and I am the PIO and Marketing Manager for OKC's Parks and Recreation Department (started in November). I hope to be able to provide insight and information on all of the important happenings going on with OKC Parks this summer, and in the future.

From time to time, I might dip my toe in to discussions to clarify policy decisions, budgeting, etc. Outside from that, I'll be a friendly and careful board reader, and liaison for all things Parks! Feel free to post questions if you have any.

Jennifer

OkieKAS
05-18-2007, 06:56 AM
GOOD MORNING OKLAHOMA!

A biggo HELLO & :welcome55 to all of the new Members, Guests and Oldies....hehe

This is a great forum.

OkieKAS - Kathy

murphystone
05-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Hi
My name is Murphy Stone. I have lived in OKC for 14 years now.

I am a Country Girl but have truly become a City Girl in the last 14 years.
I just love downtown. The tall buildings just take my breath away.

My hometown had 1 stoplight.

I enjoy watching the fast world of economic growth we have here in the city. In my home town economic growth was when the Wheat Harvesters came to town.

I am Mother of two, grandmother of four, I recycle allot but could do better, cigarette butts on the ground just drive me crazy. I would like to live a green life but that is always a work in process.

My thought for the day would be something I learned from a very smart man. If we just do alittle bit every day it will add up to a huge amount in the long haul.

We can apply that bit of wisdom to all we do in life.
I look forward to exchanging ideas and thoughts with my fellow city folk,

Karried
05-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Welcome everyone.. glad to see you on the board! Jump right in and join the discussions.. we love new voices.

Feel free to ask any questions or comment anytime..

OKBound
05-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi Everyone!
DH and DD and I are moving to Edmond this summer (as soon as our house sells here in Frisco,TX--anyone looking to buy a 3/2/2?)

I lived in Edmond in the late 90's and looking forward to the slower pace.

Heading up there Father's Day weekend to check on the progress of our house that's being built and just to reaquaint myself with the area.

kmf563
05-23-2007, 12:13 PM
HI EVERYONE!!! Welcome. ;)

betts
05-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi, my name is Jill. I've lived in Oklahoma for 20+ years now after moving here from Denver. I've got 4 kids, with two still here in the city, one in Atlanta and the other somewhere in the Pacific on the USS Cowpens (go Thundering Herd!). I'm a BIG basketball fan, organic flower gardener, with an interest in OKC development on a nonprofessional basis. This forum is just what I need to satisfy my interest in what's going on around OKC.

jbrown84
05-29-2007, 02:20 PM
welcome betts, I'm sure you'll find plenty to discuss here, and I hope you can give us a Denver perspective even though it's been a while since you lived there.

Doug Loudenback
05-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi, my name is Jill. I've lived in Oklahoma for 20+ years now after moving here from Denver. I've got 4 kids, with two still here in the city, one in Atlanta and the other somewhere in the Pacific on the USS Cowpens (go Thundering Herd!). I'm a BIG basketball fan, organic flower gardener, with an interest in OKC development on a nonprofessional basis. This forum is just what I need to satisfy my interest in what's going on around OKC.
Hi, girl! Glad to see you here! Now, we can talk about something besides basketball (not that we'd necessarily want to do such a thing)!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
06-01-2007, 02:00 AM
welcome betts, I'm sure you'll find plenty to discuss here, and I hope you can give us a Denver perspective even though it's been a while since you lived there.

I lived there from '98 to '01...Didn't care for it a lot though. LoDo kicked 37 kinds of ass and the snowboarding was cool, but the rest of it was too expensive for what you got in my opinion.

Which is why I moved back here. You get everything they have, minus the snowboarding, for half the price.

JetJP
06-01-2007, 05:52 PM
HI everyone! I've been reading around here a LOT for research/curiosity and I finally decided to join! I've been living in OKC for a long time and basically grew up here. I really look forward to being part of a group that is enthusiastic about this city as I am!

-JetJP

Easy180
06-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Welcome aboard Jet

Karried
06-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Jill! I just saw your post...

Welcome to the board !!

kiowa65
06-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Hello everyone, my handle is kiowa65 and I just signed up. A little about myself, I'm an Okie, born and raised, I left in 1999 for Arizona. I'm working for the department of education now and I don't get back to OK as often as I'd like to. It's been really cool reading the posts about what's been going on in places I haven't been to in years. I'm so glad I found this board. Go Sooners!!!!

Karried
06-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Welcome! Jump right in.. and join the discussions. Glad to have you here.

Doug Loudenback
06-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Hello everyone, my handle is kiowa65 and I just signed up. A little about myself, I'm an Okie, born and raised, I left in 1999 for Arizona. I'm working for the department of education now and I don't get back to OK as often as I'd like to. It's been really cool reading the posts about what's been going on in places I haven't been to in years. I'm so glad I found this board. Go Sooners!!!!

Welcome from me, too ... but, I would add, there's a strong position here for OSU, OU, No-U, posters here, as well. Unless one goes to the sports elements here, college "badges of honor" don't normally appear, but, that said, I'm in the OSU camp when they do. Bottom line is that none of that really matters when it comes down to supporting our town! As the 2 year experience with the Hornets demonstrated so vividly, when we have a common focus, we ALL come together!

I also gather from your "handle" that you are a Native American! Lots of good stuff going on about that locally, including the Red Earth Festival (in progress) and, most absolutely, the Native American Cultural Center which is being constructed along I-40 and Eastern. THAT facility is going to become not only a local but a national destination, I am quite sure!

kruxter
06-03-2007, 04:34 PM
done:tiphat:

okctvnewsguy
06-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Hello to all!

My name is Rob, I live downtown in the Montgomery, and work for one of the local tv stations... have been using the site for a while for story ideas, thought I should go ahead and join.

Doug Loudenback
06-19-2007, 04:44 AM
Cool!

What's it like, living in the Montgomery? I'm guessing that it's pretty special ... some interior pics would be really nice!

soonertitan
06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Rick and I have been reading OKCtalk for over a year now and finally decided to give it a try. I was born and raised in the Mid-Del area and graduated from Del City and OU. I now reside in Midwest City with my wife and 2 kids. With 2 kids going to school at Carl Albert, we are everything Titan and I am a 2nd generation Sooner thus the soonertitan name. I probably won't post too much but I do like to read and keep up on what is going on around town.

Easy180
06-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Welcome Titan....Let us know if you come up with any MWC news scoops

teacher girl
07-07-2007, 12:02 AM
hello, my name is amy and I have lived in oklahoma for most of my life (minus our 6 year getaway to texas) just moved back here in october

i am an early childhood teacher and a mother of 2

NikonNurse
07-08-2007, 11:38 AM
40 year resident. Mom to a four year old, married

Nabber
07-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Ello,
Everyone

I am a Full-time Deli worker part-time balloonist or juggler depends on weather and mood. I love to read though I get stuck in the medievalish sci-fi area alot.
Ask for more information If you want to know more about me ><

Love life live
Nabber

jbrown84
07-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Welcome all!