View Full Version : "Roll Call" - Introduce yourself

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

foy0613
07-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi there. I grew up in OKC, went to McGuinness HS and moved to Norman at 19. Went to school at OU forever off and on studying architecture, interior design and then art history.

Finally left the state in 2003, moving to Portland, Oregon. Moved back to OKC August of 2007. Portland taught me a lot about what a city can be. It made me want to come back here and make things happen.

I am, slowly but surely, doing just that. I am starting up a weekly public market to be held in inner OKC and I am a crafter for pay, well kind of! I was a stay at home mom up until last year and now I am a full-time volunteer to my project and a part-time employee to my company!

I have a little girl who is growing up way too fast and an old lady dog who is getting smelly way too fast. I have very little free time and the time I have I spend with my two favorite people...or bicycling or gardening...and usually I can include my favorite two in to those activities. Lucky me.

Oh, and one more thing. We are looking for a house with acreage so that we can have chicken and bees....just by chance anyone reading this knows of acreage for sale! I am in Crown heights now, looking to move east of town or south of Norman.

I think I originally found this site while looking up Humphries Ferris Wheel. I have to limit my time on here or I get sucked in. Good info....glad you are all here sharing!

betts
07-24-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm glad to know someone wants to tend bees. We need all we can get. I love bees, and I'm not seeing many of them in my garden this year.

BeTheMiracle
07-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Hey all! I ran across this place while I was looking up info on Beatnix Cafe. I'm sticking around because it's pretty cool! I make videos, I just made one for Beatnix, maybe I'll post it later. Right now I am side-tracked with all the other info here. Awesome site, thanks!

soonerborn1958
08-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi Everybody-
I am SOONERBORN1958, and am so happy to have found this site!! I am a 50 year old female, spent my first 35 years in OKC. Grew up in NW OKC, graduated from Casady and OU. Now live in the Midwest.

Wow!! It is so great to find a spot where people can gather to cruise back down memory lane and reminisce about the OKC of the 60's and 70s!!

I remember Hoho the clown coming to my 4th birthday party....being on Foreman Scotty several times....fieldtrips to the Wonder and Bond bread factories...the little plastic giraffes on the cups at Sonic...my first job at age 16 at the TG and Y...saving Townley's bottle caps for discounts to Wedgewood....well, if you've read this far, you get the picture.

I look forward to getting to know y'all!!

SOONERBORN1958:ou2

CG23
08-08-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi, I'm Carolyn, and just came across this site through a link on another site. I'm in the process of moving to Edmond from the Tulsa area. I work in downtown OKC, and have three school age boys. I'm still finding my way around and working on making new friends here.

grantgeneral78
08-10-2008, 05:21 AM
Hi I am Ron lived in OKC most all my life, then moved just outside of the city limits about 10 years ago to get me a little peace and quiet in the country living atmosphere. But the southside of OKC will always hold my heart. Still work in the city and so does my wife. good to meet all of you and spend many good times here hopefully.

edcrunk
08-12-2008, 01:11 AM
You flopped in Dallas? Sooner or later, everything seems to flop in Dallas. Three months and the hottest restauhttp://www.okctalk.com/images/editor/attach.gif
http://www.okctalk.com/images/editor/attach.gifrant closes. Dallas got old because of it's, "Has to be new and HOT!" theme.

Even good restaurants had to "HOT!" Best to avoid all the "HOT" places.

i didn't flop in dallas.
i was part of the most well known and respected dj crew in texas, PROTOTYPE INDUSTRIES, which is ran by JEREMY WORD aka KID ICARUS.

dallas got lame and i planned to move to NEWPORT BEACH, but OKC caught me by surprise.
when i came back into town... everybody ran around celebrating that there was gonna be parties again, and guess what. \there are parties again. i just kept getting booked and decided that it was important that i stay. in fact at SXSW the dallas people kept telling all the out of towners i was a dallasite... and i haven't lived there in 3 years. my friends there accuse me of taking the parties with me when i left.

HawkEye Media
08-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I lived in Tulsa from '85 through 2002 and have visited OKC many times. I recently shot a series of aerial panoramics in and around OKC and Norman, some of which are on my website.

Mark

FR Turbo
08-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Hello all,

Yet another video production person here. I've worked at KWTV and a few local production companies over the last 21 years and I've been strictly freelance since 2000.

I was part of the multi-camera crew shooting the Hornets home games during the two seasons they were here. Hoping to get a spot doing the same with the Sonics/Thunder/whatever-they-end-up-calling-themselves.

FR Turbo (American...)
http://www.isarapix.org/pix39/1218566129.jpg

tpm
08-15-2008, 07:44 PM
hello folks,

i've lived in the OKC area for over 12 years and just recently found this site. i really enjoy the different perspectives about recent events and developments around the city. looked forward to the exciting conversations!

tpm

dogberry
08-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi, I'm Kent. I post because it encourages my proofreading. Doesn't help, but it does encourage it. Went to NW back in the 60s.
The Devon tower article at the Oklahoman sent me here.

edcrunk
08-25-2008, 03:09 PM
I miss star 7. I saw DJ Keoki there back in the day. Great to know you are back in OKC.
thank you... i'm glad to be back!

Okiekim
08-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Howdy!

I've lived in Oklahoma all of my 31 years...almost all in the OKC area. I was one of few my age who avoided the "brain drain" and decided to stay and set up shop in OKC. I'm proud of what we are doing in our city especially in terms of the arts. We have a way to go but I'm happy to be an active part of the growth.

Marc1974
08-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi, my name is Marc, I can't remember if I've posted before here or not, so,I'm originally from Iowa, I moved here to OKC on my 25th birthday, lol . That will be ten years ago in January. I am divorced, I have ten year old twin girls who will be eleven next month, other than that there isn't much else to say about me.

mandellev
08-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Hi, all, I am new to OKC, I moved here from the Boston metro area in August of last year, most of my family friends are back in MA. I am an active duty service member, I have spent about 4 months of the past year in OKC, I am currently deployed overseas and will be returning in Oct. As result, I don't know to many people in OKC, and hope to meet some people with similar interests, and get a better idea of what is going on in OKC through the forum. I am a Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, and Bruins fan, conversion to anything else is not possible. Samuel Adams is the only brew and Ice Hockey is the only real sport.

grantgeneral78
08-30-2008, 03:11 AM
Hi, all, I am new to OKC, I moved here from the Boston metro area in August of last year, most of my family friends are back in MA. I am an active duty service member, I have spent about 4 months of the past year in OKC, I am currently deployed overseas and will be returning in Oct. As result, I don't know to many people in OKC, and hope to meet some people with similar interests, and get a better idea of what is going on in OKC through the forum. I am a Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, and Bruins fan, conversion to anything else is not possible. Samuel Adams is the only brew and Ice Hockey is the only real sport.

Thank you for your service to our country, and welcome to OKC!:congrats:

Edmondnewbie
08-31-2008, 07:34 AM
Hello all ~
Just moved to Edmond in July from Austin, Texas.
I am really enjoying it so far. I hope to learn more about OKC and the area while enjoying this interesting site!
Thanks for having me!

Urbanized
09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey folks, my name is Chad, and I'm a longtime downtowner. Started out as a wet-behind-the-ears account executive for the Journal Record in 1992 (one of many jobs since!), and fell in love with downtown life almost immediately.

Since then I've been lucky enough to have quite a few opportunities to work in the shadows of some visionary people, in both a volunteer and staff capacity during Oklahoma City's downtown renaissance.

These days I'm more involved with Bricktown, but I've enjoyed associations with The Automobile Alley Main Street program and others. All of them have been incredibly rewarding, and seeing the city mature before my eyes has become one of my greatest pleasures in life.

I've lurked on this board for a number of years, but I've never posted, despite kind invites from Patrick and from some of my friends who post here, including Steve and Kim. From now on, I'll pipe up if I ever think that I can ever add anything worthwhile. Thanks for providing me a place to find great information, ideas and opinions!

dimac01
09-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi all.. my name is Diane and I have lived in OKC area all my life. I grew up northside OKC and now live in MWC. I'm a huge fan of NASCAR and OU football. I'm glad I found this site to keep up on everything and everyone in the city.

Lauri101
09-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Welcome, Diane, from a fellow MWC-lover!

Airport Junkie
09-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Hello Everyone

I joined today to get some insight. Unfortunately I am not from OK, nor do I live there now, but I am coming for a visit!! And I am a big Sooners Fan!!! My husband & I aren't able to attend the Red River Shooutout in Texas this year, so we are going to do the next best thing, we are coming to OKC to watch the game. We are staying at the Colcord and are looking for suggestions to the best Sports Bar in Bricktown, or one that would have the best atmosphere to yell "Boomer Sooners" quite loudly! Also, we would like to check out some of the Haunted Houses in the area. Any feedback on the ones in Bricktown would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!
Shellie

CCOKC
09-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I've been in Coach's during an OU game and it seems to be rather crimson and cream and boisterous. I myself was wearing orange at the time and felt much out of place.

Airport Junkie
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks. We will check it out. Hopefully you left there with all your parts intact!!

CCOKC
09-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes, I grew up an OU fan when it was the state's only professional team. I only went to OSU because it was farther from home and had a top 10 accounting school. I will cheer for OU when they are not playing my alma mater and have on occasion even cheered for OU then if they have a chance to play in an national championship.

southernskye
09-29-2008, 01:51 AM
hi , I grew up in Kansas, Lived in Texas for 20 year and Seattle for 3. I have been in OKC for a little over a year.

Okie Entrepreneur
10-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Hello all!

I'm a local small business owner and aspiring entrepreneur in Oklahoma City. I'm an Okie born and raised and I run a small IT business and web development company.

That's it for now, everyone have a great week!!

O E

old okie
10-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone. I'm an old Okie, born, raised, schooled, and retired in OK! Have lived in several different OK cities, but have been in OKC metro for nearly 40 years.

Found this nice place quite by accident and find it to be very informative. Am looking forward to reading and posting.

Chynna802
10-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi! My name is Chynna. I have lived in Oklahoma City all 19 years of my life. The first 18 were on the southside of Oklahoma City and this past year I have lived on the northside. I work as a legal assistant downtown and also go to school full-time.

I joined this site to stay informed on all of the things going on in our city. Plus, I have always been interested in seeing how differently people view different things. I'm not so opinionated myself, at least not outwardly, but hopefully this discussion board will stir up something for me!

Luke
10-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi! My name is Chynna. I have lived in Oklahoma City all 19 years of my life. The first 18 were on the southside of Oklahoma City and this past year I have lived on the northside. I work as a legal assistant downtown and also go to school full-time.

I joined this site to stay informed on all of the things going on in our city. Plus, I have always been interested in seeing how differently people view different things. I'm not so opinionated myself, at least not outwardly, but hopefully this discussion board will stir up something for me!

Welcome, Chynna! Glad to have you. ;)

reavolution
10-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Hi, I'm Rachel. I just relocated to OKC from the Akron, OH area. I work in Sales for a Fortune 100 company. I've lived here two weeks so far with my boyfriend and our dog...and we really like it!

Everyone keeps telling us "just wait until the spring storms roll in...just wait!" :)

jbrown84
10-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Welcome and so glad you like it here!

holiday
11-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I found myself returning to this site more and more frequently so I decided to join up. I've lived in Oklahoma all my life and though I've traveled to many lovely places I can't imagine living anywhere else.
I look forward to getting to know you all.

holiday :)

bishop186
11-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi, I'm Matt. I just found this board and thought I'd check it out - it's nice to see such a lively internet presence in our state! I wouldn't have thought it!

I'm 22 and have lived in Oklahoma, specifically Edmond, for 8 years now. I'm a college dropout and am currently a lowly data entry clerk. I love live music, good company, entertainment media in all its forms, and cutting-edge technology.

Doc Scott
11-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi, I'm Doc Scott;born at Baptist Hospital. Western Village Elem,Hefner Jr High;Graduated PC.
Found site looking for info on My Pie Pizza
Lots of good memories
Doc Scott

Karried
11-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Welcome everyone!

NONzine
11-04-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm Mike and I publish NONzine. We are that strange little art paper from OKC. We distribute to 20,000 loyal readers every other Friday in OKC, Norman, Edmond and Tulsa. We have an affordable advertising rate that makes us affordable, and we've kept a lot of the same advertisers for almost the entire 3 years we've been publishing.

If you want to know more about NONzine as an advertising outlet, for publicity (we are very Oklahoma oriented), or if you would like NONzine distributed out of your business (no charge) contact me: editor@nonzine.com

You can visit Welcome to NONzine! (http://www.nonzine.com) for a little taste of what the paper is like, but we reserve a lot of our syndicated content, etc for the publication only.

Thanks!

NONzine
11-04-2008, 08:58 PM
And yes, our affordable advertising rate makes us affordable. Did I mention we are affordable?

nik4411
11-17-2008, 09:17 AM
My name is Nik i was born here in okc moved away and now am back the last couple yrs going to school

VintageRacer
11-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Hello Okc Talk, born and raised in N OKC, went to Edmond High School, graduated Central State University (UCO). Partner in a family investment company, love to go Vintage Racing with my 1962 Mini Cooper S and work on classic minis as a hobby.
David

gen70
01-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Hello Okc talk! My name is Rick, I lived in Okc from 53 to 86 and graduated from Grant in70. Have lived all over U.S. but Okla. is the best and I miss it. Living now in N.C.. I really enjoy this site.

gen70
01-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Hello Okc talk! My name is Rick. Lived in Okc from 53 to 86. Haved lived all over U.S.. Now living in N.C.. Okla. is the best and I miss it. Really enjoy this site. GO SOONERS!!

ms7168
01-19-2009, 12:31 PM
My name is Mike and I'm almost 56. I've lived in Oklahoma all my life and moved to Oklahoma City when I was grown. Worked for Southwestern Bell which became SBC which became at&t for 31 years until they closed the last Oklahoma office in September 2007.
I took severance and retirement and have been living on that and need to go to work somewhere else but haven't yet :) Would be nice if I didn't have to but with things as they are it is going to be that or I'll run out of money. I found OKC Talk just the other day via a link on Dustbury.com which I frequent. So far I am really enjoying the forum.

The Old Downtown Guy
01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Welcome Mike. Good luck with your employment search. What did you do for SWBSBCATT?

Michael Smith

Pray For World Peace . . . pass it on

ms7168
01-20-2009, 06:46 AM
1-411 Operator. In case you are wondering when you dial that now you reach an automated system but if you get someone they are in either Missouri or Texas.

edcrunk
01-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm Mike and I publish NONzine.

Thanks!
hey mike! glad to see you on here...

rondvu
01-25-2009, 07:44 PM
I am 40 and lived in the OKC area since I was three. Grew up in Spencer, MWC and now NW OKC. I too am a forced out AT&T employeed. My fathers family came in the landrun of 1989cand homesteaded what is now Hefner Rd. and Hefner Parkway. The watertower was at the edge of their farm. Back in the day the son's were given the property and the girls (my grandmother) was given a blessing.

rondvu
01-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Also I love OKC history and trivia.

rondvu
01-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Any possiblity of having a dinner or a get together with other OKC talk folk? BTW I am 49 not 40 as previously stated. Sometimes its hard to swallow the big 50 is soon approaching.

The Old Downtown Guy
01-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Any possiblity of having a dinner or a get together with other OKC talk folk? BTW I am 49 not 40 as previously stated. Sometimes its hard to swallow the big 50 is soon approaching.

There have been a few shots at getting together in the past rondvu, but not much has come from it. I've had lunch with a few people who post here but with one or two exceptions, we never seem to run into one another anywhere . . . different social circles I guess.

I know a few people who post here, but nearly everyone does so anonymously, so there's not much way to know if the person you are talking to at a party or art show is an OKCTalker or not. That's one of the reason's I started signing my posts.

Feel free to post an invitation. There might be a few takers. Or if you want to get together with an individual, just do a PM to them.

BTW . . . fifty ain't no big thang agewise, but it is a great excuse for a major party. Happy Birthday.

Michael

danielf1935
02-03-2009, 07:45 AM
I'll turn fifty in a few months, not afraid if aging, just afraid of "getting old"
My grandad, who's 98 and still lives alone, say's he thought 80 was old, until he turned 90. I always get the same reply when I ask hims how is he doing, he say's well son, I got out of bad by myself and went to the bathroom by myslef, so I must be doing OK.

USG '60
02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
We Southsiders meet once a month, but you are welcome to join us. BUT you have to cross the river.:ohno::smile:

The Old Downtown Guy
02-05-2009, 08:08 PM
We Southsiders meet once a month, but you are welcome to join us. BUT you have to cross the river.:ohno::smile:

How about posting the date, time and place USG '60. You never know who might show up.

Michael

DaveSkater
02-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Hiyas

I've been posting here a couple of weeks, and just came across this thread.

I'm Dave, been in OKC since I was 2. I'm 44 now, just having celebrated my birthday 2 weeks ago. (almost)

I've worked for the same Electrical Contractor for 25 years, and am the VP of marketing for same. I also run the estimating department here and for shi7s and giggles maintain our twenty user network.

I raise two awesome kids by myself, and have for over 7 years. My kids are 8 and 12, and between them and my job have little time for other activities. I do find the time to skate tho. I'm an avid rollerblader and love jumping in and out of the deep bowls at our local skateparks.

I'm a conservative, and make no apologies for my heavy metal tendencies. I have a home studio, and play guitars, drums and keys, albeit badly. I love to target shoot, and own quite a few guns. My children love to do all these things with me, and are privately schooled geniuses.

I am somewhat unique in all my various facets and like it that way. You'll never meet a crew quite like mine!

Peace!
Dave :tiphat:

DaveSkater
02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Oh yeah, since a pictures worth a thousand....uh....here have some vids:
foot2big on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/foot2big)

Lux
02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Well I already made a new thread.

My name is Lux and will be in OK in 5 more days!!

Zoom Zoom
02-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi,

I ran across this place while googling something else and figured I'd check it out. I was born and raised in OK, moved away for a few years, but have returned to stay.

Look forward to chatting with you all!

John1744
02-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Hello, my names John and I have lived in Oklahoma for 23 years and love it. I'm a manager for a CVS store and also help manage a small town grocery store.

davidmilford26
02-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi, my name is David and i am 24. I have lived in the OKC area my entire life, i love it here. I currently work around the country as an Operator Qualification trainer for energy and oil & gas pipeline companies. I moved to Houston last year in April and moved back in July, but got to keep my job. I just got married in September and i am loving it. I watch the postings all the time, i have just never posted yet. Glad to be in OKC!

David

Liadano
02-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Hello, all! Okie born and bred here. So is hubby. We've lived in the Village for 30 years and hope for another 30! ::wave:: Look forward to visiting with y'all and sharing reviews of local restaurants and attractions! Great site!

Generals64
03-02-2009, 04:26 PM
There have been a few shots at getting together in the past rondvu, but not much has come from it. I've had lunch with a few people who post here but with one or two exceptions, we never seem to run into one another anywhere . . . different social circles I guess.

I know a few people who post here, but nearly everyone does so anonymously, so there's not much way to know if the person you are talking to at a party or art show is an OKCTalker or not. That's one of the reason's I started signing my posts.

Feel free to post an invitation. There might be a few takers. Or if you want to get together with an individual, just do a PM to them.

BTW . . . fifty ain't no big thang agewise, but it is a great excuse for a major party. Happy Birthday.

Michael

================================================== ===========
southside memories thread meets EVEY Month...just check out the date on the thread....