View Full Version : Ed Noble Burger King closed

pure
01-20-2017, 06:06 AM
I noticed on my way to work that the signs were down then checked the BK website and the location isn't listed anymore. I haven't been to this BK in at least 8 years and even then it seemed dated and old. Just too bad there's going to be another empty building on Ed Noble Parkway

Uptowner
01-20-2017, 07:03 AM
https://youtu.be/lOEIRI5HSuQ

FighttheGoodFight
01-20-2017, 07:47 AM
Ed Noble parkway is going to need some renovations for sure.

SoonerDave
01-20-2017, 07:59 AM
That whole area is becoming a bit of a retail ghost town now...

FighttheGoodFight
01-20-2017, 08:07 AM
That whole area is becoming a bit of a retail ghost town now...

The Charlestons, BJs, Home Depot, and Bed Bath and Beyond are always busy. The rest of the lot is pretty empty now. Kind of sad.

HangryHippo
01-20-2017, 09:02 AM
It's odd how desolate the middle and southern portions feel now. It's going to be a perfect opportunity though for someone to try and urbanize it and see if they can't bring it back to life.

mattjank
01-27-2017, 08:31 AM
Surprised it lasted as long as it did. I haven't been in there in 7 years or so. Last time I did it was so dingy and dirty. I mistakenly looked up at the lights and they were swarming with bugs. Never saw any clean up work going on so never went back.

Questor
02-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Surprised it lasted as long as it did. I haven't been in there in 7 years or so. Last time I did it was so dingy and dirty. I mistakenly looked up at the lights and they were swarming with bugs. Never saw any clean up work going on so never went back.

That's the problem... the entire development is a dump. The frontage in the B&N area looks so dated and incredibly cheap... and it's so off-putting with that bland gray facade. Finally, like a lot of Norman developments, there are portions of Ed Noble that are just oddly designed and so it doesn't do itself any favors.

I think if they essentially revamped the whole area and demolished some of the odd free-standing buildings they could revitalize it.