View Full Version : Rewind

Pete
01-10-2017, 07:11 PM
This is the bar going in next to the Loaded Bowl in Farmers Market.

Plans show 18 arcade games plus a large bar and dining area. (For comparison, FlashBack has more than 50 arcade games in a much larger space but doesn't not serve food.)

http://www.rewindpub.com/

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/rewind1.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/rewind2.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/rewind3.jpg

John Knight
01-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Nice!

Pete
02-27-2017, 09:43 AM
They are getting close. From their FB page:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/rewind022717a.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/rewind022717b.jpg

Dr Beard Face
02-27-2017, 11:09 AM
yay! How is Flashback doing? I wanted Flashback to be where I went for most of my after work drinks but the lack of food and general lack of good customer service from the employees kept me from returning. So I only ended up going there like 4 times. With this place serving food I could see myself going here fairly often. All I want is a place with at least Pub W quality food and drinks, with some awesome arcade games!

Pete
02-27-2017, 11:11 AM
Flashback usually reaches capacity on Friday and Saturday nights and they stay busy during the week as well.

It's true there is no food but you can get carryout or delivery from Joey's which is some of the best pizza in town. Heck, you could carry in Sonic or Taco Bell from next door as well.

FighttheGoodFight
02-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Flashback usually reaches capacity on Friday and Saturday nights and they stay busy during the week as well.

It's true there is no food but you can get carryout or delivery from Joey's which is some of the best pizza in town. Heck, you could carry in Sonic or Taco Bell from next door as well.

Ya I would be getting Joey's for sure if I went in. Used to have Joey's delivered when I lived downtown all the time.

Dr Beard Face
02-28-2017, 07:28 AM

Ohh, I feel like that should be advertised! That's like Loot & XP in Norman, which makes it super awesome.

marky_d
02-28-2017, 07:52 AM
Wow! Does Rewind Pub have a menu and games list posted anywhere yet? Also, if it's a "pub", will there be any darts?

gopokes88
02-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Expect an incredible beer selection. Like oak and ore as far as knowledge and quality, I dk about # of taps though. I met the owner once, really knows his stuff.

bradh
02-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Ohh, I feel like that should be advertised! That's like Loot & XP in Norman, which makes it super awesome.

Off topic but how is Loot & XP doing? The owners bought our old dining room table for the place and seemed like solid dudes.

soonermike81
02-28-2017, 09:22 PM
All I want to know is, do any of these places half Street Fighter 2? Because I will destroy anybody who's want it

Dr Beard Face
03-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Off topic but how is Loot & XP doing? The owners bought our old dining room table for the place and seemed like solid dudes.
I've only gone a handful of times, but they seem steady enough. The crew there is fantastic so even if I'm just buying a game I go there just to support them in the tiny way I can.

Pete
03-03-2017, 06:53 AM
They open March 9th, characterized as a "soft opening" with the kitchen not yet up and running.

Pete
03-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Haven't been able to stop by yet (will this week) but understand they charge $.25 for the dozen games or so.

Not sure when their kitchen is going to open.

bchris02
03-13-2017, 01:06 PM
I haven't been to Flashback in a while. I really like the place but since I spend most of my time Uptown or in the Plaza, it's a little out of the way. Good to hear they are still doing well. Competition will be good. Rewind has food, but less games and it looks like they will be charging for their games. Flashback has free games and a much greater selection. I will be glad when Film Row starts to approach the kind of critical mass we are seeing in Midtown, Uptown, and the Plaza. Right now, it reminds me a lot of Midtown in 2012 when there wasn't much more than McNellie's and Bossa Nova.

gman11695
03-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Went there on Saturday. Neat environment! But yes, it's a quarter per game to play and they said soon they'll have a change machine to get quarters. No food being served yet, and half the beer taps weren't working, but should be soon. I like the place, but my biggest complaint is having to pay for the arcade games when Flashback has a ton more and they're all free.

Pete
03-17-2017, 09:12 AM
Stopped in yesterday and the taps were working.

Said their kitchen wouldn't be open until the April.

Owner said there are no plans for a DJ or live music and that the focus will be on a pub setting.

marky_d
03-21-2017, 11:04 PM
Said their kitchen wouldn't be open until the April.

The first of April? The end of April? I gave them a visit last week, and really enjoyed it. I don't mind the 25c per game, but I was surprised that most of their games weren't original dedicated machines, but those "multi" game setups with the lcd screens. That probably won't bother most people, but I am a purist haha. It didn't take away from a the positive experience for me though and I'll be going back for sure.

jrod
03-22-2017, 08:14 AM
The "multi-game" bothered me too, marky. And, I'll be honest, the $.25/game bothered me as well. Many old arcade games are very, very difficult. This can result in burning through $5.00 in quarters very quickly. I prefer paying the extra $1 a beer for the games to be free. But, obviously a personal preference.

FighttheGoodFight
03-22-2017, 08:32 AM
The first of April? The end of April? I gave them a visit last week, and really enjoyed it. I don't mind the 25c per game, but I was surprised that most of their games weren't original dedicated machines, but those "multi" game setups with the lcd screens. That probably won't bother most people, but I am a purist haha. It didn't take away from a the positive experience for me though and I'll be going back for sure.

Dang not original arcades? That does kind of suck.

Pete
03-22-2017, 09:19 AM
Sorry, owner told me kitchen would open near the end of April.

I believe the reason they charge for the games is that they are likely leased, not directly owned.

shadfar
03-22-2017, 12:27 PM
The "multi-game" bothered me too, marky. And, I'll be honest, the $.25/game bothered me as well. Many old arcade games are very, very difficult. This can result in burning through $5.00 in quarters very quickly. I prefer paying the extra $1 a beer for the games to be free. But, obviously a personal preference.

I agree! I think it's a mistake to charge for games.

gopokes88
03-22-2017, 12:46 PM
Lol. It's a quarter. You know this board has gotten hilariously negative when people are bitching about a quarter.

Bullbear
03-22-2017, 12:51 PM
If everyone remembers Flashback was originally charging for games. they went away from the model due to having issues with tokens etc. and dealing with refunds for games not working etc. if I remember correctly.. I don't mind a quarter. I got to Cactus Jacks for pinball and they are more than a quarter.

Bullbear
03-22-2017, 12:53 PM

I mean.. we use to pay a quarter originally. that's some good value to not have increased in cost in 35 years.

d-usa
03-22-2017, 12:53 PM
I don't mind the quarter if I'm also playing an actual arcade. If I'm playing what amounts to a fancy emulator, then I don't really feel like throwing money in there.

JRod1980
03-22-2017, 01:06 PM
If everyone remembers Flashback was originally charging for games. they went away from the model due to having issues with tokens etc. and dealing with refunds for games not working etc. if I remember correctly.. I don't mind a quarter. I got to Cactus Jacks for pinball and they are more than a quarter.

With all due respect, we charged $.20 cents per game for the first weekend only. We went to free because we felt that it would keep people there longer if they could play all the games they wanted instead of being limited to $5.00 worth of games. It had nothing to do with token or refund issues.

marky_d
03-23-2017, 02:00 AM
I don't mind the quarter if I'm also playing an actual arcade. If I'm playing what amounts to a fancy emulator, then I don't really feel like throwing money in there.

I hear ya. The slight control lag and lifeless lcd monitor make it tough to want to put money in. I played the Dig Dug, which was a dedicated cabinet. :)

Bullbear
03-23-2017, 11:43 AM
With all due respect, we charged $.20 cents per game for the first weekend only. We went to free because we felt that it would keep people there longer if they could play all the games they wanted instead of being limited to $5.00 worth of games. It had nothing to do with token or refund issues.

My apologies. I had thought there was discussion with tokens walking out and them being expensive to purchase more and games where switched to free play. whatever the case I like the free play idea for sure. But I am not gonna sweat quarter play if I was ok with paying a quarter as a teenager I am not gonna complain at 46.

JRod1980
03-23-2017, 08:27 PM
My apologies. I had thought there was discussion with tokens walking out and them being expensive to purchase more and games where switched to free play. whatever the case I like the free play idea for sure. But I am not gonna sweat quarter play if I was ok with paying a quarter as a teenager I am not gonna complain at 46.

No apologies needed, just wanted to clear that up. We had tokens walk out, but we changed up to see what kind of feedback we would get and everyone loved it. People still can't believe that the games are free to play. I've traveled to at least 10 different arcade bars across the country and we are the only one that offers free games every day. Some do 1/2 price tokens on certain days of the week, but no one offers FREE all the time but us and that will be our model going forward.

Bullbear
03-24-2017, 08:28 AM
I've been to several similar concepts and indeed you are the only one where games are free.. its a good concept for sure!

Pete
05-01-2017, 07:50 AM
They are now serving food:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/rewind050117.jpg

Thomas Vu
05-01-2017, 07:56 AM
This is the second time I've seen this, first being at La Brasa.

Why offer 5 for $6.00 and 10 for $12? It's the same unit price.

jrod
05-10-2017, 01:46 AM
Expect an incredible beer selection. Like oak and ore as far as knowledge and quality, I dk about # of taps though. I met the owner once, really knows his stuff.

Yeah.... No. This place isn't in the same stratosphere beer-wise that O&O is in. They have Moose Drool on tap, so again, no.

marky_d
05-10-2017, 07:52 AM
For those customers who don't care about specialty beers, which establishment has stuff like Miller, Coors, etc?

Pete
05-10-2017, 08:59 AM
http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/rewindbeer.jpg

Pete
11-01-2017, 01:59 PM
From their FB page:

Unfortunately, we are closing the doors to Rewind Pub. We appreciate all of the good times that we have had with our customers. Keep an eye out for a new business coming to the Farmers Market District!!

bchris02
11-01-2017, 02:52 PM
From their FB page:

The entire thing seemed like second-rate compared to Flashback Retropub and it was also too close in terms of location. It's not surprising the place didn't last.

shawnw
11-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Except it was cool that they had food and I liked how the garage door was kept open on night nights, etc.

Pete
02-01-2018, 05:45 AM
The sad remains of Rewind.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/rewind013118.jpg