View Full Version : Bison Witches

Trisha
12-30-2016, 08:45 PM
http://bisonwitchesok.com/index.html
tho the Name is a bit off putting at first glance , It's a play on words from what I gather from FB, if you say it out loud, it sounds like "Buy Sandwiches"

I came across this place by accident, was looking at stuff on groupon & saw a deal for this place that I'd never heard of before but sounded good, so after looking at the website & fb page, the prices were very reasonable.
Well, I ended up NOT buying the groupon (due to money) but BF & went out to see the light show at Downs Family farm & fig'd we'd eat out there since we'd be in norman anyway....

Food was great! we Both got the Cream of Potato Bacon Soup which was served in a bread bowl (all of their soups are I think) for $5 and I got the Soup & 1/2 sandwich combo for $8.50, Soup was excellent, & really hit the spot , I ended up bringing my 1/2 sandwich home & eating it for my lunch Sunday
I got the Beef & Cheddar Sandwich on Sourdough & oh my! it was so delicious!!! even Cold lol

I'd LOVE to find a place that serves sandwiches like that closer to the metro , Thick sourdough yumm

dankrutka
12-30-2016, 09:18 PM
Bison Witches is a Norman institution. Really good sandwiches and soup, but the interior has needed a renovation for a few years. They haven't changed anything in at least 15 years.

Ginkasa
01-01-2017, 07:12 AM
Huh; I lived in Tucson, AZ for a year and was familiar with the location there. I never knew there was one here.

king183
01-01-2017, 06:30 PM
I really liked them, but stopped going after they consistently performed poorly in Health Department inspections.

Dr Beard Face
01-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Bison's is my favorite drinking spot Norman! The drinks are dirt cheap and the food is good! I love a good bread bowl of potato soup on a nice cold day!