View Full Version : Salata

progressiveboy
12-27-2016, 03:01 PM
Saw a building permit for 13601 N May Ave where this popular salad bar in California, Texas and Illinois will be opening a location in OKC. I have been to the one's hear in the DFW area. Very fresh and quality. A little pricey but worth it because of the quality. They seem to be popular hear in the DFW area. Very healthy options! Hope it goes over well in OKC. Other expansion into Atlanta and Tulsa.

https://www.salata.com/in-the-news

Bullbear
12-27-2016, 03:04 PM
I have said over and over again we need a place like this or sweet tomatoes. Its a bit out of my bubble but I will hit it up when its open. would love to see them open one closer to the core

progressiveboy
12-27-2016, 03:08 PM
The Sweet Tomato's have closed all or most of their locations in DFW. It was good, however it seems here in DFW the more pricier salad bars such as "Snappy Salads" and Salata do very well here.

Bullbear
12-27-2016, 03:10 PM
OKC just doesn't have many options outside of Jason's Deli and Cool Greens and Cool Greens I wouldn't put in same category.

Thomas Vu
12-27-2016, 06:56 PM
Is it just me or is Cool greens not that great? I've been to the Salata in Dallas and loved it. Bit pricey like mentioned previously, but I enjoy it.

jbkrems
12-27-2016, 07:05 PM
When summer comes around, I would love to go to a good salad bar that has protein to add to the salad in the right kind of way for my lunch hour. This is also not far from my office, too.

Pete
12-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Going in Shoppes at Quail Springs.

Celebrator
12-27-2016, 07:40 PM
Is it just me or is Cool greens not that great? I've been to the Salata in Dallas and loved it. Bit pricey like mentioned previously, but I enjoy it.

I have not been to Salata, but compared to other restaurants of the type in even bigger cities, I still often think of home and how good Cool Greens is. They execute the concept VERY well.

soonermike81
12-27-2016, 07:44 PM
The Sweet Tomato's have closed all or most of their locations in DFW. It was good, however it seems here in DFW the more pricier salad bars such as "Snappy Salads" and Salata do very well here.

What?! What's going on? We used to love Sweet Tomato's when we lived in Dallas.

Bullbear
12-28-2016, 07:47 AM
What?! What's going on? We used to love Sweet Tomato's when we lived in Dallas.
Soup Plantation which operates Sweet tomato's filed Bankruptcy earlier this year which also resulted in many locations closing. Houston has some locations still operating but none in north texas sadly.

Filthy
12-28-2016, 01:58 PM
This will be a good addition to the area. I'm a frequent flyer at Cool Greens, however the Memorial/May location has deteriorated quickly. Between dirty flooring, molded/dripping/missing ceiling tiles, fountain drink machines that never work, credit card machines not cooperating, and constantly being "out of key ingredients," maybe this Salata place can either push them out..or force them to get better. Until then, Ill be frequenting the 15th/Edmond location.

Pete
05-15-2017, 10:37 AM
The Salata at Oak Grove (122nd & MacArthur) opens Thursday 5/18.

Plutonic Panda
10-24-2020, 04:23 AM
The one in Edmond is closing for good.

I commented on the post asking about the OKC locations and was told they are shutting down as well. Can anyone confirm? If so that really sucks because I eat at Salata weekly as their food is extremely fresh and great quality.

jbkrems
10-24-2020, 11:12 AM
Where was the one in Edmond? Oddly enough, the Cool Greens (which is Salata's competitor) also closed in Edmond several months ago. I wonder if people in Edmond don't like salad places ???

Plutonic Panda
10-24-2020, 11:38 AM
Where was the one in Edmond? Oddly enough, the Cool Greens (which is Salata's competitor) also closed in Edmond several months ago. I wonder if people in Edmond don't like salad places ???
Right next to cowboy chicken in the shopping center located at Bryant and 2nd. Next to Under the Sun.

jbkrems
10-24-2020, 06:56 PM
Right next to cowboy chicken in the shopping center located at Bryant and 2nd. Next to Under the Sun.

Ok, I remember that going in there. I wonder why that location failed.

Plutonic Panda
10-24-2020, 09:20 PM
Ok, I remember that going in there. I wonder why that location failed.
Not sure. I do know I went there like at least once a week when I was in town which is once every other month and I spent a lot there sometimes. I always saw at least 4 others there when I was there. Such a shame I loved that place :(

LakeEffect
10-26-2020, 05:20 AM

We frequented the Coolgreens. I was quite sad when it closed (it closed at the beginning of COVID and they just decided to end the location altogether). My wife likes Salata but I prefer Coolgreens. Now we're both out of luck - we live right in between both of these (closed) locations.

rizzo
10-27-2020, 11:52 AM
Is or was there one of these at 122 & Macarthur by Sprout's?

brianinok
10-27-2020, 12:37 PM
We frequented the Coolgreens. I was quite sad when it closed (it closed at the beginning of COVID and they just decided to end the location altogether). My wife likes Salata but I prefer Coolgreens. Now we're both out of luck - we live right in between both of these (closed) locations.We liked both and were a very frequent customer of the Edmond Coolgreens. Never got too much into Salata but were wanting to go there more. It's a shame both are now closed.

LakeEffect
10-27-2020, 01:17 PM
Is or was there one of these at 122 & Macarthur by Sprout's?

There was... not sure about its future. The one at May & Memorial reopened during COVID, but not sure if it's closing too...?

OkiePoke
10-27-2020, 02:30 PM
The store at 122nd and MacArthur looks empty. I doubt they will be reopening.

It was weird, they were barely open. I think they closed at 7pm during the week. Closed on Sunday.

SouthOfTheVillage
10-27-2020, 04:04 PM

I only rarely go North of Britton, but I think there is something to this take.

Rover
10-29-2020, 10:54 AM
I only rarely go North of Britton, but I think there is something to this take.

I don't understand your implication. Salata had two locations ..... far north OKC and in Edmond. Both were doing great until the pandemic and now have closed. Coolgreens is open in Nichols Hills and far north OKC on May, closed downtown. Lots of great other places in Edmond and north OKC to get good salads and healthy food. I would assume OKC would have more salad places than Edmond as it is at least 6-10 times its size. Both have been hit hard by corona.