View Full Version : Arrival

G.Walker
11-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Went to go see Arrival today. It's not your average sci-fi movie. Don't want to give away any spoilers, but it reminded me of the Jodie Foster's movie Contact that came out in the 90's. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFMo3UJ4B4g

OKCisOK4me
11-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Well, you're obviously not Rotten Tomatos! :p

Oh, and I really do want to see this one. Hopefully it hasn't been too overhyped.

Richard at Remax
11-16-2016, 10:42 AM
saw it last night. I would compare it more with aspects of Interstellar but did have some Contact in it too. I was real confused until it all came together and everything made sense.

Def a thinker. Don't expect a lot of action or fast paced story. But overall I enjoyed it and it conveyed a pretty solid message in todays climate.

OkiePoke
11-18-2016, 08:40 AM
I really enjoyed the movie. It does make you think throughout.

Some of the teenagers that were there commented afterwards that their brain hurt... Thought that was amusing.

OKCisOK4me
11-18-2016, 03:57 PM
^^^ it shouldn't be rare that a movie could make their brains hurt since education in our state is lackluster.

Pete
11-21-2016, 07:34 AM
There is a very interesting parallel with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

The core issue of if I knew I would love but then lose in a very painful way, would I still choose to go that route if given the option?

Loved both movies.

David
11-21-2016, 09:25 AM
I would have to highly recommend this one, it was excellent.