View Full Version : En Croute

John Knight
11-10-2016, 09:07 AM
Planning to open later this month in Nichols Hills Plaza.

13254 13255 13256 13257

LakeEffect
11-10-2016, 09:56 AM
This is the first post/thread about it? I'm surprised.

I'm very excited to frequent this establishment.

John Knight
11-10-2016, 10:56 AM
This is the first post/thread about it? I'm surprised.

I'm very excited to frequent this establishment.

That's what I thought careboeuf, but I could not locate one. The only thing mentioned about En Croute was in the Nichols Hills Plaza thread so I thought i'd create one. :)

Bullbear
11-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Didn't know anything about it either.. I had to look up online .. Yum!
http://www.encrouteokc.com/

TheTravellers
11-10-2016, 12:34 PM
I read about it a little while back here - http://newsok.com/article/5515059

Pete
12-11-2016, 07:19 PM
Opens Tuesday.

sooner88
12-14-2016, 08:43 AM
http://newsok.com/a-sneak-peek-at-en-croute/article/5530561

I look forward to trying this soon.

Mott
12-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Nice place, cheeses, some meats, but croissants? non! Pillsbury crescent rolls

d-usa
02-28-2017, 01:37 PM
Stopped by there today, very nice. Good food and nice selection of cheese.

shadfar
02-28-2017, 01:42 PM
I love this place. gone the last two Saturday mornings for coffee + pastry basket + breakfast. All is wonderful!

Bellaboo
02-28-2017, 02:37 PM
This chef was with Andrew Zimmerman the other day on Zimmerman's Route 66 special.

jbkrems
03-10-2017, 09:29 AM
I tried this place last night for an appetizer and light entrée. This was because The Hutch had taken my favorite appetizer off the menu. Anyways, did the prosciutto and cheddar plate as an appetizer, followed by the braised short ribs. Was not impressed and won't return. I found the food over priced for the quality and overall lackluster.

sooner88
05-23-2017, 08:52 AM
I saw they announced yesterday that they will be opening their sister restaurant, St. Mark's Chop Room & Bar, next door later this year.

FighttheGoodFight
11-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Just tried this place out last weekend. Absolutely loved it. The cheese board was fantastic and the wait staff knew their stuff. Very good food and my wife and I split the trout.

Need to try out St. Marks soon.

TheirTheir
11-29-2017, 08:57 AM
Met some friends for lunch here yesterday and had the burger. It was excellent.

no1cub17
12-07-2017, 04:29 PM
I also can't believe such a quiet thread about this place. One of the best additions to OKC's dining scene IMO. They're going to open a Tuscan concept next year as well - it should be incredible.

Teo9969
03-21-2018, 08:40 PM
Went last night and had previously been for lunch.

The food was absolutely fantastic. For an appetizer we had the fried Brie + Proscuitto. Dear God. Then had the Duck Confit Mac&Cheese. It's not really a mac & Cheese in any sense of the word, but was glad that it wasn't. It was a fantastic dish!

I try not to be too critical of service for a variety of reasons - not least of which that I have had a quality career in the industry for over 10 years now and I know that goes into it. That being said - while there was no point at which my wife and I were left with no water, or an inordinate amount of time without food (obviously not always a server issue anyway) or anything else that is considered straight up bad service, there was also a server as green as I've ever seen in a restaurant. We were greeted, sat and promptly read the dinner features almost directly from the board. Any question we asked was essentially a repeat of the menu. When you spend nearly $100 for two people, ambiance is everything and nothing is less redemptive to an upscale dining experience then a server who has absolutely no polish.

It was actually quite shocking - I have worked with dozens and dozens of servers who could have taken the job that same day - been there by 10AM to study the menu and deliver 10 times the experience to the entire restaurant entirely by themselves (all 8 tables haha!).

I know the industry is hurting for warm bodies, but if you're running this establishment you *have* to go poach a server from another well established joint in the city - your food deserves so much better. Pay them whatever, but there are too many other places with good food that have the whole package together for me to soon-return for a 3rd dinner if service parallels last night's experience.

soonerguru
03-21-2018, 09:16 PM
The food is very good. I've only been to dinner once but including my lunch and brunch visits I have found the service to be indifferent on all visits.

sooner88
03-22-2018, 07:27 AM
Went last night and had previously been for lunch.

The food was absolutely fantastic. For an appetizer we had the fried Brie + Proscuitto. Dear God. Then had the Duck Confit Mac&Cheese. It's not really a mac & Cheese in any sense of the word, but was glad that it wasn't. It was a fantastic dish!

I try not to be too critical of service for a variety of reasons - not least of which that I have had a quality career in the industry for over 10 years now and I know that goes into it. That being said - while there was no point at which my wife and I were left with no water, or an inordinate amount of time without food (obviously not always a server issue anyway) or anything else that is considered straight up bad service, there was also a server as green as I've ever seen in a restaurant. We were greeted, sat and promptly read the dinner features almost directly from the board. Any question we asked was essentially a repeat of the menu. When you spend nearly $100 for two people, ambiance is everything and nothing is less redemptive to an upscale dining experience then a server who has absolutely no polish.

It was actually quite shocking - I have worked with dozens and dozens of servers who could have taken the job that same day - been there by 10AM to study the menu and deliver 10 times the experience to the entire restaurant entirely by themselves (all 8 tables haha!).

I know the industry is hurting for warm bodies, but if you're running this establishment you *have* to go poach a server from another well established joint in the city - your food deserves so much better. Pay them whatever, but there are too many other places with good food that have the whole package together for me to soon-return for a 3rd dinner if service parallels last night's experience.

We went for dinner the same night as you and had to have had the same waiter. The food was excellent (also my first time for dinner), but our server was very new, didn't know the menu at all, and was just pretty awkward. All and all though, it will definitely be on my dinner rotation... the food was very good.