View Full Version : Spriggs BBQ

Trisha
08-17-2016, 09:11 PM
I went to HS w/ Chris Spriggs, the son of the owner & I guess he Took over for His dad, He just announced on FB a new Location

Chris Spriggs added 19 new photos.
6 hrs · Oklahoma City ·
God is good ! Spriggs bbq #2 is coming back to the east side ! I signed the lease on the okc dodger building. You know the crip blue building on Lincoln. See ya soon !
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14063727_10208501174619718_7899351351971081981_n.j pg?oh=a679d4f2ca340d2a748292ad8ecc43b3&oe=58120A0E

dankrutka
08-17-2016, 10:16 PM
I'm assuming this is Mr. Spriggs BBQ... of the, meat-falls-off-the-bone variety?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz1cee_94L4

Greatest local commercial music, ever.

Urbanized
08-18-2016, 06:48 AM
^^^^
Correct.

Roger S
08-18-2016, 07:19 AM
I wish them the best but they have some stiff competition in the area already with Bedlam BBq and Leo's being less than mile away and George's Happy Hog just to the south...... I've not heard many good reviews of the current location in MWC either.

I would love to see them return to what they were when Chris's dad ran the little dive shack at 29th and Air Depot.... I have a lot of fond memories of that place.

TheTravellers
08-19-2016, 03:20 PM

I would love to see them return to what they were when Chris's dad ran the little dive shack at 29th and Air Depot.... I have a lot of fond memories of that place.

Oh man, windows so greasy you almost couldn't see through them and the cashier/order-taker always asking "You shore you want that 911 sauce, honey?" Great stuff...

Bullbear
08-19-2016, 03:26 PM
I wish them the best but they have some stiff competition in the area already with Bedlam BBq and Leo's being less than mile away and George's Happy Hog just to the south...... I've not heard many good reviews of the current location in MWC either.

yah I wasn't impressed with the MWC location myself. I loved the dive shack and even when they had the once over here at 36th and may avenue. I ate at that one all the time.

Roger S
08-19-2016, 08:41 PM
Oh man, windows so greasy you almost couldn't see through them and the cashier/order-taker always asking "You shore you want that 911 sauce, honey?" Great stuff...

Dang man! Those memories almost brought a tear to my eye!

Urbanized
08-21-2016, 10:20 AM
yah I wasn't impressed with the MWC location myself. I loved the dive shack and even when they had the once over here at 36th and may avenue. I ate at that one all the time.

There have been at least two MWC locations...are you talking about the converted Burger King or the O.G. shack (like a converted Tastee Freeze or something)? Because that place was legit IMO.

There was also a location on Lincoln for a while and - for about five minutes - one on street level in the Santa Fe parking garage behind Liberty/BankOne/Chase/Cotter Tower. Both locations were sort of hit or miss.

Bullbear
08-21-2016, 12:50 PM
The o.g. Was great. The one on N may I really liked and was close to me. The one on air depot in what looks like a tiny strip mall by the RR tracks I wasn't a fan of and I think it's open still. I could be wrong

Trisha
08-21-2016, 01:15 PM
There have been at least two MWC locations...are you talking about the converted Burger King or the O.G. shack (like a converted Tastee Freeze or something)? Because that place was legit IMO.

the ORIGNAL Orignal one was a Converted "Hilltop Dairyland" :) , then He expanded & took over the old Bionic Burger (which was a burger king before that) & then he closed for a while with the promise of a new location at NE 10th & Midwest Blvd , then finally opening back up on Air Depot in that lil stip center beside the RR Tracks... tho I wonder if now that Dickies is Closed he might be better off buying THAT locale? at least it'd be bigger! tho w/ the former Long Johns & Cocina De Mino buildings already sitting vacant right down the street (and have been for years), one has to wonder why they didn't simply purchase one of them ?
for that matter why HAVEN'T those properties been bought? hmm

Brett
07-29-2017, 06:17 AM
I noticed a "NOW OPEN" banner was placed on the lawn in front of the restaurant while driving to work. I never go out for lunch along Lincoln Blvd, so someone else will have to verify.

DickTracy
07-29-2017, 10:30 AM
I had notice the sprigs sign over there for the last few months, I'd bet their open now.

soonerguru
07-30-2017, 09:21 PM
I always loved their sauce the best. Leo's has great ribs and bologna but the sauce is not good.

DickTracy
07-31-2017, 06:40 PM
I grew up on Leo's "hot" sauce, and it used to be a lot better and a lot hotter than it is today.

OKCRT
07-31-2017, 06:54 PM
I grew up on Leo's "hot" sauce, and it used to be a lot better and a lot hotter than it is today.

Back in the day I would rate Leos 1 and Hans 2. Both had really good ribs most of the time. In fact, I would say better than anything we have around the city area today. That's my opinion of course but I bet many would agree. And the sauce at both places were fantastic.

ctchandler
07-31-2017, 08:54 PM

Excellent hot sauce with a very good taste, but I couldn't use it straight, I mixed it with the mild. And I love habanero peppers, but Leo's sauce just blew me away.
C. T.

TheTravellers
03-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Anybody know what their hours are for their Lincoln location or if they're still open? They have multiple, conflicting hours on yelp, google, and facebook, neither phone number I found works, and don't really want to drive by just to see if they're open... :doh:

TheTravellers
03-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Anybody know what their hours are for their Lincoln location or if they're still open? They have multiple, conflicting hours on yelp, google, and facebook, neither phone number I found works, and don't really want to drive by just to see if they're open... :doh:

Totally forgot they were on my way to the vet today, so stopped by and checked. Idiots got busted for taxes, they're gone. Why in the world do restaurant owners/operators think they can get away with screwing the taxman, almost never works out in the end...

loveOKC
03-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Well damn that didn’t last long.

Roger S
03-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Yep. Drove by it yesterday after eating at Leo’s, just to see if it was open, and the only thing remaining to ever know they were there was the old Speigg’s van.