View Full Version : Suicide Squad

TU 'cane
08-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Welp, film #3 in the new DCEU has arrived. Next up is Wonder Woman next June. But there will be plenty of time for that. In the meantime, let's use this thread to further our DC and DCEU movie discussions with the latest film: Suicide Squad!

I was able to see it this weekend and it was a genuinely fun film. It did have a Guardians of the Galaxy feel to it with the soundtrack and cast and while I personally believe Guardians was a superior film overall, this one was definitely close and should be held in the same respects to Guardians of the Galaxy.

I thought Will Smith performed Deadshot wonderfully as did Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn.
Discuss!

Thomas Vu
08-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Welp, film #3 in the new DCEU has arrived. Next up is Wonder Woman next June. But there will be plenty of time for that. In the meantime, let's use this thread to further our DC and DCEU movie discussions with the latest film: Suicide Squad!

I was able to see it this weekend and it was a genuinely fun film. It did have a Guardians of the Galaxy feel to it with the soundtrack and cast and while I personally believe Guardians was a superior film overall, this one was definitely close and should be held in the same respects to Guardians of the Galaxy.

I thought Will Smith performed Deadshot wonderfully as did Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn.
Discuss!

One of the concerns was that Will Smith was going to take the movie over. I felt like he did that (in addition to Margot Robbie). I was okay with it then. I am okay with it now. IN addition to agreeing to everything you've stated, my main critique to people would be that it's one of Will Smith's better movies as of late.

gopokes88
08-07-2016, 06:30 PM
What a disorganized boring confusing mess. Waste of $30. Probably the last time I spend any money on anything DC for a while.

TU 'cane
08-07-2016, 07:52 PM
What a disorganized boring confusing mess. Waste of $30. Probably the last time I spend any money on anything DC for a while.

What about the movie did you find confusing and what were you expecting from a movie about some of DC's lesser known villains being thrown together without any prior introductions? (That last half is tongue in cheek but I'm also curious because I didn't find the movie very confusing at all)

gopokes88
08-07-2016, 09:16 PM
What about the movie did you find confusing and what were you expecting from a movie about some of DC's lesser known villains being thrown together without any prior introductions? (That last half is tongue in cheek but I'm also curious because I didn't find the movie very confusing at all)
The plot didn't really make much sense. Got pretty bogged down through most. It was just kinda stupid. I'm just not feeling anything DC is putting out there.

jn1780
08-08-2016, 06:03 AM
Rotten tomatoes reviews have a rating of 26%. So it seems like most people would agree with gopokes.

TU 'cane
08-08-2016, 06:45 AM
Yea, that's the aggregate score from the reviewers isn't it? I think the audience scores have been much higher.
I will say that I thought it was an enjoyable movie. I'm not necessarily looking for a super rich narrative in a comicbook film, but I do get some of the complaints. I had fun with it though and it was a good movie to close out the Summer for me (I don't think there's anything else coming out soon that I'd go see in theaters).

Richard at Remax
08-08-2016, 08:48 AM
I thought it was boring and a waste of all those characters. Viola Davis was the only really good thing about the movie. She was cold. I really looking forward to this movie too but just didn't come together like I was hoping it would. Jared Leto was very disappointing. You heard how he was a nutjob on set but that never translated over to the movie. Slipknot was a waste. Boomerang was a waste. Will Smith and Margot did a decent job. Trying not to spoil but the direction they went with Enchantress and the villains did not fit the style of the movie. I was very disappointed.